Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Orcslaying set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Trust me guys we gonna need shards and fossils to craft new sets. gl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    Um. The ingredients have already been listed. Shards and fossils aren't part of the recipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    I guess I can provide some insight for the Legendary armor quests. They are intended to be a completely free way to obtain a set of powerful items. The only other way to currently obtain items of similar power is from Ren'gol Crates. For players that are not already decked out in full Mythics from the previous expansion, this would be some of the best gear available for them in the game. You guys opened a lot of Ren'gol Crates though. I mean, A LOT. This created a larger influx of Legendary items into the market than we anticipated, which caused the quest rewards to be less desirable. We've learned quite a bit so far with the release of this expansion and plan to take it all into account as we create future content.
    I wana react to this part.

If this set was intended to be a free way, then the intention is wrong. This set is not free, it cost a LOT gold. I mean a lot.
    The op mentioned 1m gold+putting time on the dailies. I collected only 4 nomerite ingot so far and looted 15 insignia, the remaining 15 i must bought from cs to start the crafting in time. It was 15-18k gold each, idk if now more, but i spent 240k on insignia+unknown amount of gold on pet feed+potions meanwhile farming daily quest just for the helm..

What i want to say with this, this set is NOT free, not even cheap, but an expensive set which takes lot time also. It is much more easy and cheaper to pop some locks and get some gear. So this set deserve to have better stats than a crate legendary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I wana react to this part.

If this set was intended to be a free way, then the intention is wrong. This set is not free, it cost a LOT gold. I mean a lot.
    The op mentioned 1m gold+putting time on the dailies. I collected only 4 nomerite ingot so far and looted 15 insignia, the remaining 15 i must bought from cs to start the crafting in time. It was 15-18k gold each, idk if now more, but i spent 240k on insignia+unknown amount of gold on pet feed+potions meanwhile farming daily quest just for the helm..

What i want to say with this, this set is NOT free, not even cheap, but an expensive set which takes lot time also. It is much more easy and cheaper to pop some locks and get some gear. So this set deserve to have better stats than a crate legendary.
    While I agree, the set should have better stats (and actually the right stats, lol), it's not like it's a sunk cost. You need to do it to get access to the mythic set quest . The gear could give negative stats, and it would still be worth doing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yup I'm weeks behind now because I don't have the tags. Gg....
    This whole thing is going to wrong way fast.
    I guess if you have no job and no money ur set then! We didn't craft that other set because it was terrible and everyone spent their tags on the crates unless they have money. Sounds like a lose / lose for everyone if you ask me...
    Last edited by notfaded1; 08-04-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golem View Post
    Yep, i heard same thing ! 10 Copper Chests 2 Shards 1 Fossil 1 Red Arlor Cap 1 Forerunner Armor 1 Vampire Amulet 1 Blood Ruby with 3 para and you get a complete mythic set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

There's no way something that takes 30+ days to complete be an insignificant set. It doesn't even provide a set bonus once completed.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

exactly hect... it's totally bogus. I'm at work right now... guess working is more important than the game. I gotta catch up on some movies and books too.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 08-04-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Also please do not be surprised anymore by your player bases ability to drop loads of time and money in to your game.
    We certainly calculated what we anticipated based on previous experiences and events in the game, however when something is a brand new idea it's hard to quantify its real impact. A prime example is the Opening of Garetta Event. We speculated, based on how feverishly players consumed love potions during the Love Event, what we felt would take the community around 4-7 days to complete. The original number we wanted to use was actually 100,000! We ended up increasing that to 250,000 to compensate for the potential that the community would tear through the content. We were so very wrong. The community tore through 250,000 points in less than 48 hours! It was incredibly exciting for us and we think you're all amazing!

It's not an exact science, and not every event or idea has a 1:1 correlation with something previously implemented so it's usually educated speculation backed by related content experience and releases. We certainly don't mean to trivialize or act shocked, but we're constantly impressed and humbled by our community and their capabilities as players. It's a learning process for everyone
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Sigh why aren't we told these things earlier

This is more annoying than the ad pop up when I log in
    Last edited by Ssneakykills; 08-04-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We certainly calculated what we anticipated based on previous experiences and events in the game, however when something is a brand new idea it's hard to quantify its real impact. A prime example is the Opening of Garetta Event. We speculated, based on how feverishly players consumed love potions during the Love Event, what we felt would take the community around 4-7 days to complete. The original number we wanted to use was actually 100,000! We ended up increasing that to 250,000 to compensate for the potential that the community would tear through the content. We were so very wrong. The community tore through 250,000 points in less than 48 hours! It was incredibly exciting for us and we think you're all amazing!

It's not an exact science, and not every event or idea has a 1:1 correlation with something previously implemented so it's usually educated speculation backed by related content experience and releases. We certainly don't mean to trivialize or act shocked, but we're constantly impressed and humbled by our community and their capabilities as players. It's a learning process for everyone
    While I do understand this, I'm a bit puzzled over the lack of communication about the requirement of completing the orcslaying quest to access the new mythic set. Players were asking about this a long time ago. I don't get it.

Just a criticism, not trying to lay into you guys. I know you're working hard. It just seems like this was something that was pretty easy to handle, whether in game or on the forums. Something to learn from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Important information should be properly announced. As a separate thread, even in ingame news in my opinion. Not as a reply to some thread that most people won't even read.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

just buff the stat of the set,so its worth all the hardwork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

A way to move forward with the inisgnia situation is to add an npc which holds a daily quest which he/she grants an x amount of insignias (lets say 5 per day) when an x amount of bosses/mobs are killed and/or when an x amount of gems are collected within Cyrogem Mines. If this or a similar idea isn't implented into the game I suggest making the mythic crafting quest avaliable to everyone, even if they haven't done the orc slaying questline.

I understand that this whole process has never been done. I think STS as a company has handled the constructive criticsm very well. I do still enjoy the game but I more so now log on to pvp due to the lack of pve content which is profitable. As it stands there are 3 farmable ways to get gold in the new economy:
    -Locked Farmimg
    -Farming Vials of Ectoplasm in arena or T1/2/3
    -Farming 150 teeth for a Dragonite Bar
    We have limited things to farm as of now and it does get boring grinding for the whole day.

As you've stated, Ursoth is around the corner and I am very excited for it. Even though I am not a huge fan of the teased pets. I am still interested in what these new pets will bring. I do also hope that the lb doesn't offer any exclusive OP arcane pets like last year.

Just keep going and growing as a company, you've done a fantastic job so far with the expansion but of course there are still further improvements that could be made. The jewel system as an example.

Regards,
    Anyona

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    My point is no use crying over spilt milk.
    No crying, just stating that this is not the proper way to communicate important information. Other ways, that are not proper, but have happened in the past - in test servers, in forum chat, by mods/devs standing in towns etc.

U no agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

STS whatever you do, please make the old elites more attractive too. It would be nice if at least Nordr and up had some chance to drop stuff needed to craft mythic gear 46.

Make it a smaller chance, but still - give us a reason to farm those maps, that were mostly killed by event gear. It's really a pity to have such nice maps as Palm Rock, Skull Cove, Hall of Valheim, Caves of Tarewa or Forrest of Shades that are run only by addicts - thank you

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I see everyone posting for STS to do this or that so that they can get easy insignias... What about the people who have worked all this time since the expansion to get the set? How fair is it going to be to us if you guys get a easy pass on insignias now? I have ran myself to death for insignias and spent a lot of gold to get this. Everyone could have done the same thing that we did and went and got it as well. But what did most do? Most went and got orc chests and sold them. If you guys get easy insignias, I believe those of us ho ran and spent gold should get easy orc chests just the same as you guys so that we can make gold also. So you have to look at this from both sides before you start complaining about not having this set now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gracepreacher View Post
    I see everyone posting for STS to do this or that so that they can get easy insignias... What about the people who have worked all this time since the expansion to get the set? How fair is it going to be to us if you guys get a easy pass on insignias now? I have ran myself to death for insignias and spent a lot of gold to get this. Everyone could have done the same thing that we did and went and got it as well. But what did most do? Most went and got orc chests and sold them. If you guys get easy insignias, I believe those of us ho ran and spent gold should get easy orc chests just the same as you guys so that we can make gold also. So you have to look at this from both sides before you start complaining about not having this set now.
    Elite means "not" easy by default. Nobody is asking for easy ways to get them, they are asking for different ways to be made available so it is both fair and not mind-numbingly dull. Running the same one or two maps 1000 times is not fun. It's a game, it is supposed to be fun.

Also not fun: getting 0 loot while you watch everyone else get multiple drops. Asking for a way for work to be rewarded, that doesn't rely 100% on the loot system, doesn't mean asking for it to be easy. They made a system for planar chests that would work for this.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-04-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gracepreacher View Post
    Actually, a lot us are just asking for clearer communication in the future, especially considering that this very thing was asked about when the Orcslaying quest was first introduced.

I'm against doing anything to increase insignias. It would be one less thing for players to farm. I wouldn't be opposed to doing a double Orc Tag event. I already have most of the tags I need, but the players who bought Orcish chests instead of Nomerite ingots got a raw deal. It should have been clear from the start that this quest led to the mythic quest. Kudos to Twoxc for calling it. I just think it's silly to have a daily quest tied to something like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The quest was very straightforward. It said, do this, get this. Very simple indeed. What did most do? They went and made gold off the tags instead. So they would benefit since they didn't do the quest? How unfair is that? I had to run these maps 1000s of times while I watched others doing arena or running km3. I'm just saying they should leave the quests and tags just like they are. It can be done in about a month if someone is dedicated to it. If not, there are other things you can do in this game besides get mythic equipment. Don't make this new system unfair to the people who did all the quests the way they were intended to be done.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracepreacher For This Useful Post: