Thread: Speculations about the Mythic Set bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Speculations about the Mythic Set bonus

Hi guys,
    I want to speculate with u about Mythic Set bonus. STS talked about it as being hefty, but also said that Arcane Ring and Planar Pendant will remain the strongest individual jewelry items. They said there would be a tradeoff between the both and the set bonus.

My speculation on this topic:
    Since Planar Pendant and Arcane Ring give so much health, I doubt that the set bonus will grant health, since that would not allow a tradeoff, rather the higher health would just be chosen.
    The imbued sets used increased damage and critical strike to give an edge in pvp over players without them.

So let's take a look at STS' goals for this expandion and what we have seen so far. They talked about reducing the gap between players, which is mainly an issue in pvp and wanted to balance the classes. The stat distribution for Rogues and Mages changed on the new legendary items. Rogues' int got reduced to balance their immense damage and Mage's Str got reduced to increase their damage and lower their survivability.
    So the Rogue's Myth set is likely to give less offense and the health bonus is likely to not be as high as in the previous cap. And mages will probably get more damage and decreased health/str(shield strength) compared to the previous cap, but will get more damage.
    The pattern seems to go to less omnipotency for both dps classes, tone down rogues, make mages feel more like actual mages and take some of their survivability away.

So which set bonuses will achieve those goals? It mind sound not so spectaculary, but probably damage and crit again, similar to the imbued sets. Maybe also an individual proc for each class, to create more layers of design and balance. The difference would just be that u can not get that bonus without giving up your Planar Pendant and Arcane Ring, which will take away the omnipotency.

What does this mean for us?
    I think the mythic set will be dominant in pvp, while a lot of PvEers will just use the mythic armor and helmet to achieve high survivability by sticking on their current jewelries.

What are ur thoughts? I am curious to read ur ideas!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Maybe it will be a special proc like the planar pendants planar crystal proc.

Otherwise I think it will just be a Primary stat boost, and possibly add damage/crit

Anyways that's my thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

My guess it will be like +20 or so primary stat boost.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

My guess it would be effective against the ren'gol maps and would give a certain stat boost maybe a primary stat.
    For now we can't make accusations but we can only wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    My guess it would be effective against the ren'gol maps and would give a certain stat boost maybe a primary stat.
    For now we can't make accusations but we can only wait.
    This thread is about speculating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

How much was the icescale set bonus? I can't remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    How much was the icescale set bonus? I can't remember.
    I do not know exactly since I never owned it. But read somwhere it was 10 Primary Stat.
    IGN: Obakemono

mesalin

Ice scale is +10 primary stat bonus
    Hmm idk about new set but i think it will be probably prim stat bonus and maybe some extra against orcs

I'm so fresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I hope the set bonus is something more interesting than +whatever to primary stat. I agree we'll have to choose between the hp that the planar pendant and arcane ring offer and something quite different from the set bonus; maybe something that will help in Rengol maps?

A visual effect for set completion would be nice too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Although they did mention that ring and planar pendant may be overall better, I really hope they change their mind. Sts has changed their mind on things in the past before. Because if they dont, the main things to do in this season are DONE. No one will farm the dailies. No one will run new elites. Everyone will run old levels like wilds for bar instead of new rengol levels. Everyone either will already have ring and pendant or it will be dirt cheap. Nothing to farm.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Although they did mention that ring and planar pendant may be overall better, I really hope they change their mind. Sts has changed their mind on things in the past before. Because if they dont, the main things to do in this season are DONE. No one will farm the dailies. No one will run new elites. Everyone will run old levels like wilds for bar instead of new rengol levels. Everyone either will already have ring and pendant or it will be dirt cheap. Nothing to farm.
    I agree with you to the extent that the new ring and pendant should be better. However, if this isn't the case, we will still have to farm for the myth helmet and armor, so it's not like we won't be farming. And if the stats are close but one offers more damage and the other more survivability, I know I at least would want to have both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is what they actually said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    The Rendtail ring is not part of the set, so it will not be part of the set bonus. You'll need to decide between the bonus on the new Mythic set (details to be released at a future date) or the Rendtail ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lastmind View Post
    This is what they actually said:
    There was a quote that implied the planar pendant would be better as well. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    There was a quote that implied the planar pendant would be better as well. I'll see if I can find it.
    It was stated that the stats of the INDIVIDUAL items were > that the other ones.... However, they never stated if the overall set bonus would surpass the arcane ring, planar pendant gear combo...

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I thought arcane item meant to be the best for 2 seasons.. maybe mythic set bonus will +30 primary stat, like arcane ring gives.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Helm is the first craftable gear and armor is the last so font worry bout pendent and ring crafting for crafting the armor you need to complet ring and ammulet both so...
    Still nothing will change ..
    And people will farm them at any cost for getting armor...
    Dosent matter ring and ammulet will give better stat or combo bonous then arcane ring or planer pendent cause for farming armor we need to complet the ring and ammulet quiest at any cost

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

But for shure its fixed that we will get the armor and helm permanently that we will use for a long time may be till next expention it will usefull.
    Its better that arcane ring and planer pendent will remain op cause ...
    Arcane ring is an arcane item so still it needs to be the best ring at level 46 too..
    Cause a arcane gear gear deserv to be op in atleast 2 seasons....
    And bout pendent it was the first pendent that we can craft fully free if we had a good luck in looting bar and recipi...
    and main thing these both items gives equillent str int and dex like old mythic blood ruby..
    So they are better to use then any new item cause they will only give main boost to your primary stat not to all stat..