Thread: Best gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best gear

What is the #1 BEST gear for an endgame pve rogue? I've heard inbued/forager + padded cap. But which one is better and why? What's a good combo? Brut + potency? Or all brut or all potency?

For bow frost or elon?

And is the planar pendant worth it? I heard that it isn't and I also heard it is.

Also which gems/jewels?

I'm lacking both health and mana. I did the forager (potency) + padded cap (brutality) combo. Made me start lacking both when before, i used all potency and was good with both health and mana. Am I doing something wrong?? :/ I used all finesse jewels (weak and higher) and tarlok wind gems +normal fire gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

With Ursoth and then elites coming out, I'd reserve judgement on what the best in game is (after upcoming new mythics, ofc). At the moment I'm using mostly brut with a little pot gear with excellent nature jewels and weak chaos jewels, and a few fire gems (give +4dex for normal gem at lvl 46). My mana is pretty bad but I just pot for that. Running out of mana for a moment won't kill you, unlike health...

lvl 41 myth bows just don't cut the mustard anymore. Sure, the procs are cool, but not cool enough to justify paying 10-30 times more (IMO, anyway). Better to get an arcane ring with all that gold you'll be saving. Or save for the new mythic weapons. Ditto the imbued stuff- some of it has better stats (but many don't), and again, not enough to justify the cost, particularly given new Ursoth and elite gear is coming. Very soon.

Planar pendant is still worth it IMO but you'd better get in quick before arena and tombs scale up (I'm not 100% sure they will, but I think it's likely) and it's a long arduous process. I'm chipping away at it but I'm not there yet. Even so, I have dmg in the high 700s, just over 5k health and just under 2k armour. Excluding the arcane ring the total cost of all my gear (excluding gems) is probably about 400k max at the moment.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Also, in PVE I find a few points more or less of something doesn't make a huge difference- I think it's mostly PVP where small increases in stats counts.

Forgot to ask which pets you're using? There'll be a new gold tier pet very soon which will probably be good to add to your rotation hope that helps!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    With Ursoth and then elites coming out, I'd reserve judgement on what the best in game is (after upcoming new mythics, ofc). At the moment I'm using mostly brut with a little pot gear with excellent nature jewels and weak chaos jewels, and a few fire gems (give +4dex for normal gem at lvl 46). My mana is pretty bad but I just pot for that. Running out of mana for a moment won't kill you, unlike health...

lvl 41 myth bows just don't cut the mustard anymore. Sure, the procs are cool, but not cool enough to justify paying 10-30 times more (IMO, anyway). Better to get an arcane ring with all that gold you'll be saving. Or save for the new mythic weapons. Ditto the imbued stuff- some of it has better stats (but many don't), and again, not enough to justify the cost, particularly given new Ursoth and elite gear is coming. Very soon.

Planar pendant is still worth it IMO but you'd better get in quick before arena and tombs scale up (I'm not 100% sure they will, but I think it's likely) and it's a long arduous process. I'm chipping away at it but I'm not there yet. Even so, I have dmg in the high 700s, just over 5k health and just under 2k armour. Excluding the arcane ring the total cost of all my gear (excluding gems) is probably about 400k max at the moment.
    Thank you for replying!! Your message was really helpful but I would like to expand on it. You said you use excellent nature jewels, weak chaos jewels, and fire gems. Adding into the primary stat gives you both health and damage. So is the nature and chaos jewels really worth it? Also, I never realized the gems did +4 dex on every 46 gear, I better start replacing the jewels with gems then.

I do not have the arcane ring and the planar pendant. I am going to craft the ring. I have a long way until the bar, so that will take a while. But, it'll be worth the wait.

Since you aren't using the mythic bows, I'm guessing you use the giant bow? or is there a better bow than that?

I don't have much gold, so I don't have "good" pets. My pet rotation consists of: Samael (Lucky drop from locked crate :D), Wrathjaw, Malison, and Courage.

I only have 3k health, 600 damage, and 1k mana. I feel like both mana and health are important. I use way too many mana potions. Even more than health, which is weird. I think once I get arcane ring and pendant it will help. But for now, I'm struggling. If I use all brutality, I will have no mana. (Less than 1k) If I use all potency, I will have less than 3k health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Yeah the fire gems scale up, so until I collect the billion trillion finesse gems needed to craft anything worthwhile I'm sticking with them lol. 72hp per excellent nature jewel is good in my opinion, I have .. 4.. I think. It does mean sacrificing more damage or crit but as many others have said you can't deal dmg when you're dead are you lvl 46? If so, I recommend doing the dailies to get the orc tags, and farming the new maps for insignia (currently ~ 23k each) which drop from the bosses. You can do the Orcslaying gear quest or just sell the insignias til you're better geared. Also farm jewels there; I keep the finesse and chaos and sell and fury, mind (~5k each) or diamond jewels. Any nature jewels I get in any map I keep and craft as well. Since you're low on mana you could craft water jewels too, they drop heaps and are also dirt cheap in the auction. An excellent water jewel gives 72 mana.

I use the Terra bow of brut, foragers armor of brut (scavenger is cheaper and only marginally worse though, like 1 stat point) and padded cap of pot, prospectors amulet of pot as well. I recommend getting any belt you can afford and working your way up (cheapest is around 250k I think). Keep a regular eye on the auctions as sometimes things go for cheap. Ursoth is starting tomorrow so check the announcement page which will list all the gear you can get from the event; some will be available for tokens (i.e. free) and during the event itself the other gear will be cheap too. Don't buy it straight away though, wait til later in the event or just after it.

There should be at least 2 pets easily available during the event, at least one of which should be really good. Are you familiar with events? The pet reward for reaching gold tier is always awesome and again, free. My best non-arcane pets all come from events

Do you need a guild? If so you're welcome to join Insane Asylem. We'll be quite active over the event. Send me a friend request tewheke or carmineblade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Also I'm by no means an expert and others will no doubt have different set-ups which work for them, this is just an example of what I'm using it's good to hear a range of opinions and then you can decide what suits your needs and budget. I also meant to add that if you can afford Blinky, I consider it the best legendary pet out (better than most mythic pets too tbh). Even so I'd wait til the stats of the new Ursoth pets have been announced in case they're better. Sam is still a perfectly viable pet from what I gather due to his passive heals and his stun (I don't have one though).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

The absolute best gear setup right now would include a planar pendant for sure. This is where you get the health you lack.

Other than that I don't think you need cream of the crop gear to be competitive and efficient in endgame pve. Unless, of course, you are aiming for timed runs lb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    Yeah the fire gems scale up, so until I collect the billion trillion finesse gems needed to craft anything worthwhile I'm sticking with them lol. 72hp per excellent nature jewel is good in my opinion, I have .. 4.. I think. It does mean sacrificing more damage or crit but as many others have said you can't deal dmg when you're dead are you lvl 46? If so, I recommend doing the dailies to get the orc tags, and farming the new maps for insignia (currently ~ 23k each) which drop from the bosses. You can do the Orcslaying gear quest or just sell the insignias til you're better geared. Also farm jewels there; I keep the finesse and chaos and sell and fury, mind (~5k each) or diamond jewels. Any nature jewels I get in any map I keep and craft as well. Since you're low on mana you could craft water jewels too, they drop heaps and are also dirt cheap in the auction. An excellent water jewel gives 72 mana.

I use the Terra bow of brut, foragers armor of brut (scavenger is cheaper and only marginally worse though, like 1 stat point) and padded cap of pot, prospectors amulet of pot as well. I recommend getting any belt you can afford and working your way up (cheapest is around 250k I think). Keep a regular eye on the auctions as sometimes things go for cheap. Ursoth is starting tomorrow so check the announcement page which will list all the gear you can get from the event; some will be available for tokens (i.e. free) and during the event itself the other gear will be cheap too. Don't buy it straight away though, wait til later in the event or just after it.

There should be at least 2 pets easily available during the event, at least one of which should be really good. Are you familiar with events? The pet reward for reaching gold tier is always awesome and again, free. My best non-arcane pets all come from events

Do you need a guild? If so you're welcome to join Insane Asylem. We'll be quite active over the event. Send me a friend request tewheke or carmineblade
    Okay, thank you!! Just bought the terra long bow. Appreciate the help. I will buy blinky pretty soon, I also wanted to wait to see the new pets before spending my money on a new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I personally use imbued brut helm, new myth armor, planar pendent, arcane ring, new myth belt and an elo bow. The one thing thst I haven't seen mentioned is the difference why I feel the 41 myth bows are better: skill damage. Yes the new bows are almost on par damage wise that you can see, but that's only what you can see. The skill damage, which for a rogue is where you deal 99% of your damage, for a myth 41 bow is higher than a pink 46 bow. Just some food for thought.

Back on topic though, Ive had some luck in the game so I don't really fool with jewels, all of my gear has either eyes or paras although I'm in the grueling process to try and get noble chaos jewels for an extra belt I have...it takes forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When do you actually start making money in this game? Currently at level 26 and I do well to break even. Having to pay to put stuff up for auction definitely makes selling the cheap dropped gear a risky proposition.

I play very power efficient to minimize pot usage but still struggle to afford pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Streven View Post
    When do you actually start making money in this game? Currently at level 26 and I do well to break even. Having to pay to put stuff up for auction definitely makes selling the cheap dropped gear a risky proposition.

I play very power efficient to minimize pot usage but still struggle to afford pots.
    You should have made this a separate thread, but its okay.

At your level its harder to get gold, around 30 is when its easiest. I would say to farm kt4 for crates, xp and pve kills. You can buy a luck lix for around 10-15k in auction, or buy it with plat. Thats assuming that you dont have a lepre.

If a luck lix is still out of your budget, you could do hauntlet runs and sell the eggs you get.

Also try to do as many daily quests as you can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MarandaC View Post
    You should have made this a separate thread, but its okay.

At your level its harder to get gold, around 30 is when its easiest. I would say to farm kt4 for crates, xp and pve kills. You can buy a luck lix for around 10-15k in auction, or buy it with plat. Thats assuming that you dont have a lepre.

If a luck lix is still out of your budget, you could do hauntlet runs and sell the eggs you get.

Also try to do as many daily quests as you can.
    Thanks for the information. After this post I should be able to create new threads. Guess I need to spring for luck elixir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i find the old mystic gear is top im game