Thread: Is the quests useless to do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is the quests useless to do?

As topic, is the quests useless to do?
    They give no xp. And is the only way to level to go and kill creeps? Takes like an hour to get from 12-13...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Having made a few alternate characters specifically for testing the "usefulness" of the questing system, I think I'm qualified to answer this one.

On the whole, quests aren't that useful in and of themselves. You'll get some decent pocket change from quest rewards and a (very) few quests - usually those at the end of "quest chains" - will provide useful items, assuming you haven't gotten a lucky drop or spent your gold on someone else's lucky drop.

From the intangible side of things, you get the bragging rights for being a "completist" if you can do all of the quests, and performing the quests in order provides more of a "story" element to the game and gives you a reason to adventure other than gold and XP. You know, kind of the whole "role playing" part of an RPG.

I have suggested in the past that finishing quest chains ought to provide unique items (useful and/or vanity) that are not otherwise available, but as of now, these are few and far between.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quests are rather boring and usually require remaking the same map and farming a specific enemy. The gold is minimal (at best) and the quest reward items are never better than other sets available at the current level. I would say the questing system is in place to add a bit of RPG element to the game, but it's rather lacking currently. Also the bit about being a "completist" as Duke mentioned is impossible currently since the BS campaign is stuck at 29/33 and for some reason I only have 199/210 on my world map (and I'm pretty sure I've completed them all).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I just want to level up to 55 asap. So I should just skip the quests and just go the instances over and over and over again or? I want to get up fast in level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If u want to level up your character asap the yes grindin away at the appropriate level dungeons is your best bet. But i can tell ya some of the quests r pretty fun and challenging. And while u wont gain xp for doin the actual quest as stated above u do get nice change and some pretty nice gear. Also quests provide a nice break in between long hours (or days) of grinding and u get xp on the way thru the quests killin mobs.
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One thing for me is skipping the quests and doing them later. For example, on my first character I did all the quests, but on my second and third I didn't worry about it so much. As of right now I simply am leveling those two and then going back when I feel like it and doing the quests for a break. Also, some of them can be tedious and a little challenging, so going back to a lower dungeon to complete your quests means you can finish them faster because you are a higher level.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They make leveling more interesting and you tend to meet more players that way. I like the teamwork involved in things like the mystery quests; I think they do show up whether people can play on a team. The shades quest, for instance, needs people to work together. I don't really care about the rewards, just like those boxes ticked. Also, if someone needs help, I'm more likely to oblige if they've done quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Quests are rather boring and usually require remaking the same map and farming a specific enemy. The gold is minimal (at best) and the quest reward items are never better than other sets available at the current level. I would say the questing system is in place to add a bit of RPG element to the game, but it's rather lacking currently. Also the bit about being a "completist" as Duke mentioned is impossible currently since the BS campaign is stuck at 29/33 and for some reason I only have 199/210 on my world map (and I'm pretty sure I've completed them all).
    same here. i only dont have the skeller map, may added there some quests..?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Since quests became available, I've done almost all of them on all my characters. It's a great way of figuring out where to level.
    Do quests, level, move on to next area of quests when present quests done.
    They're also a good way to learn about this world, since they take you all over each area, when an area has quests.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Level 55. I've never done a quest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Different strokes for different folks, but I personally love quests. I have done them all so far with my first char, now lvl 47. For my alts I may do them again even. I like having short-term goals aside from just getting to the next level and some of the quests do indeed provide equipment that you can't get otherwise. Can't remember the quests but the equipment is red and not trade-able. I don't see the point in rushing to 55 as fast as you can because what do you do when you get there? Start over?
    I wish there were more quests and random quests. The daily quests could have been cool if they weren't just for simple crafting items. I'd love to see random quests that you had to hunt to find. Those were the best, the ones that didn't start you off in town, you had to find the object, or NPC that triggered the quest by exploring.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my main character I am keen on finishing all but I have to agree that after that my other characters just level up. I agree that at least on your first character you should take your time after all it is the best way to meet people and have fun(except alll those 0/1000 type quests) but you should put in the effort

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To open the final madness maze like dungeon for each map (i.e. Plasma Pyramid), does one have to complete all quests or just complete each dungeon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I'd like to see a list of what UNIQUE items could be found from quests (only), and what relevant quest they come from. Has that been listed yet somewhere?