Thread: Thanks, ready for Round 2 Fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks, ready for Round 2 Fix

This update was VERY necessary, however now everyone is dying SO FAST....and I am not complaining, but the only way enchantresses can play is with BoV and we still die in 3 shots with Magic Shield and BoV up, for me that gets me to 108 Armor, and I die in 3 hits. 3 hits will drain all my Mana and all my Health at 108 Armor. The damage margin needs to be changed back to 50% instead of 30%. Now that players are connecting their hits a lot more often thanks for the Dodge audit, everyone is dying so fast, it is going back to how it was Day 1 where everyone was dying in 2 hits and PvP is broken again. I like that is happening, but needs another good change.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yup:

Basically the crazy dodge/miss rate issue has obviously been addressed and thats fantastic. In fact the damage is fine too right now. The problem is that we don't have enough health to make a fight last longer than 5 seconds.

So there are two options.
    1- Lower damage again, and in that case its a pvp modifier.

2- Raise health by alot. Probably in the 1000 health range, and in that sense, have str actually raise health by alot for all classes. In fact you could have str raise health by 10 points per point of str. This way, classes that use str, aka warriors and paladins, will have a lot more health, and health can be a defining aspect of how long you can last in combat. Str would also provide no damage increase at all, but still give a small h/s bonus.

Edit:
    Let me give some examples:

Cloth enchantress: You Can put all your points in int, but then you would have low health. You can put only some points into int, lets say 112 for the minimum. No you can put points into dex to get damage dodge and crit, or you can use str to actually boost your survivability.

Warrior: You can go all str for max survivability, or 112 str for minimum the minimum, and the rest in dex for boosting you damage.

Bow Chantress: You can go dex to use the bow and leather armor you want, and then decided between more m/s mana from int, or the survivability for health

I think option 2 is much better, it will naturally make the game more diverse and naturally create a use for str for all the classes. In PVE, mob damage would simply need to be increased to compensate.

Please consider this.

Edit: maybe not 10 health per str point, but at least 5 for this idea to make sense.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-27-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I just played a round and had to run from Enchantresses (not really). But they kept one hitting me...y'all better invest in some real heavy bulletproof paneling...

Edit: To address Azrael's simultaneous post: I agree with option two. I suggest they add a zero to the end...maybe add a zero and cut it in half. Possibly they could just add more health when we're in PvP matches, and keep PvE the way it is now. That way they won't have to adjust the entire PvE damage system.
    Last edited by HectorCruz; 05-27-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HectorCruz View Post
    Yeah, I just played a round and had to run from Enchantresses (not really). But they kept one hitting me...y'all better invest in some real heavy bulletproof paneling...
    Yah, sorry about that Hector.

Anyway, what Hector said is a good point. Right now, the damage is too much. Enchantresses are still able to two/three hit people. PvP battles need to be longer. Also, Azrael had some good points. Not just strength, but intellect should also raise mana just as much. More health and mana would allow battles to become longer, add some actual skill to PvP, and also actually have to work with your team. At the moment, an enchantress (if playing correctly) can take on 2-3 people at a time using the buffs and AOEs.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Yup:

Basically the crazy dodge/miss rate issue has obviously been addressed and thats fantastic. In fact the damage is fine too right now. The problem is that we don't have enough health to make a fight last longer than 5 seconds.

So there are two options.
    1- Lower damage again, and in that case its a pvp modifier.

2- Raise health by alot. Probably in the 1000 health range, and in that sense, have str actually raise health by alot for all classes. In fact you could have str raise health by 10 points per point of str. This way, classes that use str, aka warriors and paladins, will have a lot more health, and health can be a defining aspect of how long you can last in combat. Str would also provide no damage increase at all, but still give a small h/s bonus.

Edit:
    Let me give some examples:

Cloth enchantress: You Can put all your points in int, but then you would have low health. You can put only some points into int, lets say 112 for the minimum. No you can put points into dex to get damage dodge and crit, or you can use str to actually boost your survivability.

Warrior: You can go all str for max survivability, or 112 str for minimum the minimum, and the rest in dex for boosting you damage.

Bow Chantress: You can go dex to use the bow and leather armor you want, and then decided between more m/s mana from int, or the survivability for health

I think option 2 is much better, it will naturally make the game more diverse and naturally create a use for str for all the classes. In PVE, mob damage would simply need to be increased to compensate.

Please consider this.
    Sorry bud dont aggree this kills full int , str , dex characters !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    Sorry bud dont aggree this kills full int , str , dex characters !
    No it doesn't.
    First off it clearly doesn't kill full str, i don't even know how you think buffing str like this could kill full str.

And as for full int and full dex, you make the decision to go full dex to get the maximum ammount of damage, obviously there should be a draw back

Full int is already bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Full int is already bad.
    Full int should provide serious burst damage and the ability to out heal someone's dps until their backup can help. This is how casters should work in theory, they're glass cannons. Theres no reason to spec dex or str for a caster, any dodge or other pvp talents that would be beneficial should be allotted through gear or a pvp-centric skill.

Lowering damage was also implemented instead of raising hp, guess whats going to happen if they raise hp? Turtle matchups will be back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Full int should provide serious burst damage and the ability to out heal someone's dps until their backup can help. This is how casters should work in theory, they're glass cannons. Theres no reason to spec dex or str for a caster, any dodge or other pvp talents that would be beneficial should be allotted through gear or a pvp-centric skill.

Lowering damage was also implemented instead of raising hp, guess whats going to happen if they raise hp? Turtle matchups will be back.

They raised damage after they lowered it. Sure full int should provide damage boost but it doesn't. On top of that, you say you don't want turtle match ups, but enchantress dies so fast now that they don't even have the chance to press heal before a archer targeting them has them dead. If they do, they still die in another 2 seconds.

Things are basically back to the way it was the first day of release, except missing/dodging has been fix. The damage may not be quite so high, but the fights still end in mere seconds. Fixing missing/dodging was great, but now they have to make the fights last longer. I think adding health rather than messing with damage is the way to go, and str could use to be significant. And btw if they do make this str change, i am all for Intelligence boosting the magic power of a mage.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-27-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lower damage again now that dodge/miss is fixed. Raising hp with make your +2h a second seem like garbage when you've gone up from 300hp to 1k.

Casters just need help in pvp, and it should be done through spec. Flash heals, heals over time, amped damage output on a timer, higher crit percentage, better damage mitigation etc. This game just needs to find the sweet spot where spec is dependent upon your play style, pve or pvp. Right now the other two classes can get by with a pve spec, it should't be like that. The overlapping skills of each class need to be assessed and tweaked for either pve or pvp effectiveness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lower damage again now that dodge/miss is fixed.
    Why lower damage artificially so that pve and pvp are different systems, rather than raise health for both systems and adjust pve accordingly? It only adds to diversity in the classes to have str increase health anyway.

Raising hp with make your +2h a second seem like garbage when you've gone up from 300hp to 1k.
    I haven no idea what you are trying to say here. Again, raising Health and lowering damage in effect the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

damage is almost perfect now- dodge seems to be normal now too, or it might just have been that once in the game i played. If it is changed, make it 30%-40% reduction IMO, nothing higher, nothing lower.

Also, str shouldnt be that significant of a hp boost. for all classes, it should be a set amount every level ( maybe like 5 health and 3 mana per level), and additional is both strength and int raise health and mana by 1 or 2 every 1 point put into skill
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this was a good update. I can beat and lose to most classes / builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with this post. There need to be changes. The current attribute system does nothing to define a strength heavy warrior. Currently, a dagger chicken can have 70 armor at level 35 (fully equipped and carrying wingshield) and, if they put all their attribute point in to dex, will have 250+ health. Conversely, a warrior who puts all attribute points in to str will have approx. 85-90 armor and 370+ health. 180 strength = 120 health? FAIL. One blast shot or nuke does this much damage even with iron blood up.

Just a side note, same topic, why do the archer helmets have the same armor rating as the warrior helmets? I thought that we were putting attribute points in to strength so that we could use the heaviest armor. Are archers just so dexterous that they can somehow skillfully wear a similarly rated hat?
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually rannos, the avian starts with 250 and the warrior starts with 300 hp. 120 str = about 70 health. It's 2 str for 1 hp. So it's actually double fail.

I don't agree with friedsushi here. The whole point is that everyone doesn't have the same amount of hp. Even if made warriors get more health from leveling, you would still have a str warrior have the same hp as a bow bear. Str should decide a players HP, and 2 str per 1 health point is ridiculously low. It should be 3-7 hp per str point. I'm gonna go ahead and say 10 would be to high despite what I said earlier.

Just think about this for every single class type.

And on another note, I'm tired of rage, focus evasion and ironblood being the only things that really matter in pvp. Something has got to change there. Less powerful or long cooldown.