Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 'Main Spine' of Pocket Legends Content Free Forever and New Sandstone Caves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    I just told you about the Wire too! Les is right though.

Lol that gif made me laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I do appreciate that STS is trying to get more players to stay long term but it stinks. Most ppl spent their money on plat to buy all the areas. Now it's free and all we get is a shield with no stats, no refund, and a new area we have to pay for. How is that fair?
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    I do appreciate that STS is trying to get more players to stay long term but it stinks. Most ppl spent their money on plat to buy all the areas. Now it's free and all we get is a shield with no stats, no refund, and a new area we have to pay for. How is that fair?
    Think of it this way. If they made cable TV free to everyone from now on would you expect a reimbursement on the past years you paid for? We got to play before it was free and got good times out of it. Now it is free but anyone joining now has missed out on all previous fun...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Think of it this way. If they made cable TV free to everyone from now on would you expect a reimbursement on the past years you paid for? We got to play before it was free and got good times out of it. Now it is free but anyone joining now has missed out on all previous fun...
    But u would expect the cable company to give u something of value in return to make up for paying all those years until it became free. Something that says, thanks for paying. Take this, something of equal value, and use it elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have no problem with this. I pay for satellite TV to see films and series as soon as they are available, I don't mind if after some time the same program is transmitted on free TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Different scenario, bc this isn't a monthly fee game.
    It's hard to find a perfect comparison. But the point is, the people who bought the maps before they went free got screwed. It would be a nice gesture from STS to give this new map to those who paid, tonsay thanks for supporting them to make it possible to now offer the maps for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Different scenario, bc this isn't a monthly fee game.
    It's hard to find a perfect comparison. But the point is, the people who bought the maps before they went free got screwed. It would be a nice gesture from STS to give this new map to those who paid, tonsay thanks for supporting them to make it possible to now offer the maps for free.
    This might work. You spend $100 on an electronic device at Best Buy. Then, a week later, you find out that same device is free so that more people will get it. You go back asking for a refund of your money and they only give you a certificate of appreciation, but you still have to pay for accessories. Now wouldn't you be a little perturbed?

Also, you're now more reluctant to buy any devices from them due to the possibility of it becoming free in the future and knowing you won't get your money back.
    Last edited by NeoQueen; 05-03-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    I have no problem with this. I pay for satellite TV to see films and series as soon as they are available, I don't mind if after some time the same program is transmitted on free TV.
    Have to agree^. Happy with all my plat purchases. I like the fact I can look forward to updates.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Top games on XBOX live do this ALL the time. They sell new PVP maps, then after a set they release them for free. Essentially you are paying to play them BEFORE others to gain an advantage, which coincides pretty closely to what is going on here. The big difference is we did not know the were going to be free eventually and did not have the option to wait. So here is the question, would you have? Would you be willing to wipe everything you have over level 18 (including all items gained with a character over 18) and start over? I would not.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This might work. You spend $100 on an electronic device at Best Buy. Then, a week later, you find out that same device is free so that more people will get it. You go back asking for a refund of your money and they only give you a certificate of appreciation, but you still have to pay for accessories. Now wouldn't you be a little perturbed?

Also, you're now more reluctant to buy any devices from them due to the possibility of it becoming free in the future and knowing you won't get your money back.
    Yeah that's a bit of a better example.
    Especially since the accessories are still full-price, of course.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Top games on XBOX live do this ALL the time. They sell new PVP maps, then after a set they release them for free. Essentially you are paying to play them BEFORE others to gain an advantage, which coincides pretty closely to what is going on here. The big difference is we did not know the were going to be free eventually and did not have the option to wait. So here is the question, would you have? Would you be willing to wipe everything you have over level 18 (including all items gained with a character over 18) and start over? I would not.
    Good observation FluffNStuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Boo.

People who bought main spine still have to pay, not fair since it won't help us high level players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That's the thing though. I'm assuming with the XBOX maps you KNOW that eventually they will be free right? That way you can make the informed decision to buy now or wait.

PL players DIDN'T know. They thought, with no one correcting them, that only the first two campaigns were free and then you had to pay to play further. Then when all the campaigns were free we still thought that they would go back to having to be paid for, but they didn't. We never got the option to make the informed decision of choosing to wait til it's free or buying anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

That's the thing though. I'm assuming with the XBOX maps you KNOW that eventually they will be free right? That way you can make the informed decision to buy now or wait.

PL players DIDN'T know. They thought, with no one correcting them, that only the first two campaigns were free and then you had to pay to play further. Then when all the campaigns were free we still thought that they would go back to having to be paid for, but they didn't. We never got the option to make the informed decision of choosing to wait til it's free or buying anyways.
    From a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense to reimburse the players who played for 1 year on the content when it becomes free. STS would have to reimburse a massive amount of plat based profit and then would probably have to introduce an alternative way of making the money back (monthly fees?). It is simply not viable from a business standpoint. You do realize that everyone involved on the STS side of things wants to make profit, right? Someone has to pay for the Amazon servers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

From a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense to reimburse the players who played for 1 year on the content when it becomes free. STS would have to reimburse a massive amount of plat based profit and then would probably have to introduce an alternative way of making the money back (monthly fees?). It is simply not viable from a business standpoint. You do realize that everyone involved on the STS side of things wants to make profit, right? Someone has to pay for the Amazon servers!
    But they COULD offer us something for free in return (like some of the new maps) so we don't feel like we just got a nice kick in the rump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

But they COULD offer us something for free in return (like some of the new maps) so we don't feel like we just got a nice kick in the rump.
    Yeah, the shield of gratitude was a bit underwhelming. New maps are out of the question because they are in part "the new profit stream"... Perhaps a special avatar background would have worked too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Or say with absolute honesty that all maps that come out, vanity items available, and/or other paid accessories will eventually become free so you can wait now and buy later, or buy now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah, the shield of gratitude was a bit underwhelming. New maps are out of the question because they are in part "the new profit stream"... Perhaps a special avatar background would have worked too.
    They're only part of the new profit stream because they just got rid of their main profit stream.

Oh forget it. It's not worth arguing about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

They're only part of the new profit stream because they just got rid of their main profit stream.

Oh forget it. It's not worth arguing about this.
    Yes. That was what I was just thinking. Let's argue about something else. LOL

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Yes. That was what I was just thinking. Let's argue about something else. LOL
    And now for something completely different....