Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 'Main Spine' of Pocket Legends Content Free Forever and New Sandstone Caves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doesn't it seem like STS shot themselves in the foot? I have only seen one person pot in weeks. Should have left everything the way it was. purchase maps, buy elixirs with gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    It is better this way, with the main spine free and the plat (their pay) coming from elixirs. You do not need to have elixirs, but you do need maps. So the things you need to have are free but the ones you would like to have are plat.

If time travel were possible, I would go back and tell the devs a year ago that they need to make this change. Look at all the cool things we have now. There is no more leeching. Everyone is levelling in their appropriate maps. People are making friends with other people from the same level. The items that drop for them are things they can actually use (the good drops anyway). A player can get all the way to the level cap for FREE.

What is the price? Plat elixirs? I am glad to pay it. I was never counting the cost anyway.
    Yes, Snake, I agree with you -- I would have rather the maps been free when I joined. But you know what? I wouldn't have spent a penny on this game then (except MAYBE for inventory slots and extra char -- but now there's tapjoy, which would easily cover that.) I only did bc I was forced to in order to progress. Same with O&C -- I pay to play it, but will NOT be buying any extra stuff. I'm sure there are others who feel the same about games, and in that way STS will lose money: they're betting on their superfans/collectors to spend lots of money now.

And yes, I would have liked it to be free back then. I DON'T like how STS keeps changing so many things a year into it. This is not longer a beta -- and it's treated like one. All these huge changes should have been considered before it went to market. It's these drastic changes we've been seeing that have made me, sadly, lose my trust in STS. One of the main things is the pattern of plat items that give advantages (or exclusive free ones). It's gradually feeling like one of those games in which you buy your way to the top. Not my kind of thing, and if the game was like that back when I started, I might not have bought the expansions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is better this way, with the main spine free and the plat (their pay) coming from elixirs. You do not need to have elixirs, but you do need maps. So the things you need to have are free but the ones you would like to have are plat.
    Somehow this seems like not a good "business" solution? It just means they will make less money. Kind of dumb IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Yes, Snake, I agree with you -- I would have rather the maps been free when I joined. But you know what? I wouldn't have spent a penny on this game then (except MAYBE for inventory slots and extra char -- but now there's tapjoy, which would easily cover that.) I only did bc I was forced to in order to progress. Same with O&C -- I pay to play it, but will NOT be buying any extra stuff. I'm sure there are others who feel the same about games, and in that way STS will lose money: they're betting on their superfans/collectors to spend lots of money now.

And yes, I would have liked it to be free back then. I DON'T like how STS keeps changing so many things a year into it. This is not longer a beta -- and it's treated like one. All these huge changes should have been considered before it went to market. It's these drastic changes we've been seeing that have made me, sadly, lose my trust in STS. One of the main things is the pattern of plat items that give advantages (or exclusive free ones). It's gradually feeling like one of those games in which you buy your way to the top. Not my kind of thing, and if the game was like that back when I started, I might not have bought the expansions.
    Fair do's if that's your opinion and interesting to hear you explain it too.

I was one of the first to get PL. I was amazed such a thing could be not just workable but really fun and high performance compared to other apps I had. Back when the game was first out, paying for levels made a lot of sense and totally worth the small charge to play with the guarantee of +12 months ahead for a game it's doubly-worth it, if that's even possible?!

Now the game is established a lot of players have high level chars and levelling at higher levels takes A LOT longer than at lower levels... it's better to make the game really accessible to new blood and to charge for elixirs etc for players that are really into the game and think it's worth the cost or for players that maybe want to get up to speed with their char a bit quicker? Me personally, I don't mind levelling. I like new maps and that is all I ever pay for except a few random purchases that experimented with the in-app offers 1-offs.

Thing is conditions change over time and therefore different emphasis happens. Don't take my word for it just look at DDO, LOTRO etc for mmos that changed their pricing dramatically also on PC.

The fact is, having PL has scratched that itch for apps and I've become really selective: Only pay for 10/10 apps now or PL! That's just imo.

And B* not too far off I might go crazy saving up for tho!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Thisdebate is starting to sound like a broken record . I think thst both sides of the coin have been clearly shown. Move on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lmao. Awesome!!!!!! Love it!!!!!
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes!!!!! Geez platinum for elixerss. I don't know anyone who buys them anymore
    I love Pocket Legends!!!!!

Colborne lvl55 str/dex beast, Colborned lvl52 pure dex bird, Xtremelyhigh lvl33 int/dex Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can someone hit the reset button; so that PL can go back to the fun game it was. I don't know about most of you, but since the change I've lost a lot of good friends and I'm finding myself gripping more about the decisions being made without imput from the players. As someone said earlier; it's the developers choice. Here's the rub how many of them play the game everyday for hours? I know most of the PPLs here and most of you who post. Why can't the developers or us start doing polls. Would that help to resolve a lot of what's going on. I'm about keeping gameplay alive. IMHO, people will buy maps before they buy the elxiers. And since everyone is getting the shield of gratitude after purchasing 30 plats; which by the way was supposed to be STS way of saying thank you to those of us who bought the manin spine. Now I have to ask; where our item of appreciation; since it's been given to everyone else. Here's a suggestion put the stats back on the shield for us and let everyon else have a the common shiled of gratitude. Yeah, I know very selfish. Les, I feel your pain. Still playing; just not having as much fun as before. Hope things get set right. Waiting to see what veterns day is like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Hmm...

I'll pay 100 plat for that car

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>