Thread: General questions for a returning player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default General questions for a returning player

I haven't played since lvl cap was 20 or 21(can't remember which it was), and back then daggers seemed to be the big thing to use. Now I am reading up on gear and build topics, and it looks like a lot of people are using bows now. This leads me to a couple questions.

1. Are bows better than daggers for damage?
    2. Comparing my pink bow and dagger, the dagger has a much higher dps than the bow, but the bow gives a lot more Dex and bonus damage. When looking at this, am I assuming correctly that the daggers do better with auto attacks but the bow will do more skill damage?

I haven't decided if I want to continue with my lvl 20 rogue or if I want to start over at lvl 1 with a mage yet, and needed clarification first. It has been so long that I am lost as to what I should do in game right now. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It depends on your preference. I used to feel more comfortable with daggers rather than bows, but with some bosses, its better to stay farther away. Daggers have more dps, bows do more damage. Dps isn't that important. It means damage per second, which is the speed of which you deal damage. Damage affects your skill damage and auto-attack damage. Definitely more important.

Damage>Dps

Most people prefer rogues due to the fact that they kill mobs pretty fast. Especially bosses. Which is very useful. Mage is almost very preferred because they attack multiple mobs and do good crowd control. Again, it has to do with what you prefer. Either is amazing. But since you have used a rogue before and are probably more comfortable with a rogue, I would say to stick with a rogue.

If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me any time.