Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 PvE Warrior Gear Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Balefort Sewers PvE Warrior Gear Guide

Hello fellow bears

After popular demand, this guide is for the different PvE gear setups for different builds.

I don't do PvP since I believe that PvP sets all depend on the preference of the player. Although both PvE and

PvP require player skill, PvE is easy enough to let the gear do your work, while in PvP mostly player skill

gauges how well you perform.

I'll try my best to make it as complete as possible, would like to thank Mr.Wallace who gave me a thorough list

of his gear preferences.

These are just our opinions, yours are always welcome

What Gear Should I Use?

The first and most basic answer to that question is, what build are you using?

To know more about builds, check my other guides here :

Attack Bear Build (Melee /

Range Oriented)
    Bow Bear Build (Range Oriented)
    Hybrid Str/Dex Dual Spec Build *In construction*

After determining what build you have, you have to remember that this is a PvE Gear Guide, therefore only PvE

standards are taken into consideration.

PvE - Player versus Environment (Mobs/Bosses)

In PvE, your looking to farm/level/anything versus mobs/bosses. Pots are available, everyone is on the

same team, and the maps are fairly predictable.

PvE

The PvE section is divided into two, mob clearing and boss killing.

Also, in PvE, potions are available and usable as much as we want, so gear here is based on the assumption that

you want to farm/level the fastest way possible.

Keeping those two separate gameplays in mind, these are the gear Mr.Wallace and I suggest :

Gear Guide

Dex Gear

Survival

You just want to survive in dex gear, tank through mob clearing/boss killing, you just want to survive.

• Drainers Cap
    • Drainers Talon
    • Drainers Leather
    • Henchman Wing
    • 1 Dodge 9 Armour / 2 Dodge 8 Armour Ring.

There is no high-end survival set, Drainers is the best dex set for tanking, hands down.

Mob Clearing

We have a couple of recommendations here, what you choose is your preference.

Low-End

• Bagmans Cap
    • Sewer King Bow
    • Bagmans Leather
    • Dodge Armour / Crit Damage Ring

• Trapps Cap
    • Underlings Talon
    • Drainers Leather
    • Underlings Wing

High End

• Custom Cap
    • Custom Recurve
    • Custom Leather

• Raid Roach's Cap
    • Raid Roach's Leather
    • Raid Roach's Talon
    • Raid Roach's Wing

I have always preferred a bow in mob clearing, while Wallace prefers a talon/wing. There is no right answer, just

preference.

Boss Killing

Low End

• Bagmans Cap
    • Bagmans Recurve
    • Bagmans Leather
    • Crit Damage Ring

High End

• Custom Cap
    • Custom Recurve
    • Custom Leather
    • Crit Damage Ring

When killing a boss, you want crit and damage, done. Bagmans gives good damage and crit as cheap gear, while the

new Custom Recurve Set gives the best damage and crit in the game.

Rings

My personal favourites are :

• 2 Dodge 8 Armour Ring
    • 2 Crit 10 Damage Ring

Str Gear

Survival

Low End

• Plungers Helm
    • Plungers Sword
    • Plungers Plate
    • Bodyguard Shield
    • Dodge Armour Ring

You'd want to tank as much as possible. Plungers gives the best tank stats relative to its cost.

High End

• Royal Helm
    • Fury/Rooters Sword
    • Royal Plate
    • Fury Shield
    • Dodge Armour Ring

The Fury/Rooter Sword is debatable. Fury gives more dodge and H/S while Rooters gives you good Hit and Crit. I

would prefer a Rooters since that extra Hit/Crit would make you a better tank by allowing you to land more AoE

skills. The extra dodge from the Fury piece would be negligible, and the extra H/S would just mean more health

pots.

Mob Clearing

Low End

• Bellows Helm
    • Bellows Sword
    • Bellows Plate
    • Bellows Shield
    • Dodge Armour Ring

• Plungers Helm
    • Rooters Sword
    • Plungers Plate
    • Cleaners Shield
    • Dodge Armour Ring

A Bellows Set gives the best damage, crit, and decent dodge for a 1H Melee set. This is also the set I recommend

for Attack Bears.

The second set allows you to be more tanky, while still having enough hit and crit to do decent damage.

High End

• Royal Helm
    • Rooters Sword
    • Royal Plate
    • Cleaners Shield
    • Dodge Armour Ring

Just replace the Plungers with Royal pieces, better dodge, armour, and HS, while still keeping good Hit and Crit

off the other two pieces.

Boss Killing

• Bellows Helm
    • Gurgox Hammer
    • Bellows Plate
    • Crit Damage Ring

The same principle as earlier, you'd want to deal the best damage as possible. Highest crit and damage. The best

2H in game is still the Gurgox Hammer.

Rings

My personal favourites are :

• 2 Dodge 8 Armour Ring
    • 2 Crit 10 Damage Ring

End of Gear

Things to remember :

• These gear setups are based on one stat build, Dual Spec. I never have and never will recommend pure strength

and pure dex builds.
    • This is PvE, potions are available. USE THEM!

End of Guide

As usual, will edit as much as possible

All opinions, suggestions, critiques, and violent reactions welcome.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 05-04-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Another great guide, I might actually try some of these configs out

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Another great guide, I might actually try some of these configs out
    Thanks! Hope they work well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ellyidol !! U failed.. haha just kidding.. Good job (again).. but u actually made a typo..

Mob clearing>Low ends> Underling's Talon in Dual wield?! Cool.. I wrote Underling's Talon twice.. I guess u meant Wing Shield in one of them..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

bro! Awesome work!!I caught an error under mob clearing > low end. You put underling talon twice, no wing. But great work bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Myst did u read my post? Lol .. I said the same

+1 Dream Point for being just as smart as me
    +1 Dream Point for having Dream in ur name

Total: +2 Dream Points for u Mysticaldream !!
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I've heard people recommend fortified before over fury fighter + royal sewer mix - not too sure though. Pretty big loss in dodge IMO.

I think JaytB has a picture posted of his bear in fortified somewhere for a comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I've heard people recommend fortified before over fury fighter + royal sewer mix - not too sure though. Pretty big loss in dodge IMO.

I think JaytB has a picture posted of his bear in fortified somewhere for a comparison.
    You mean this one?

Edit: and yes, for pure tanking this is definitely not the best set. I just like the green sparkles

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Lol - thanks for posting.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose it then? I can see why you would want the enchanted gemstone set nowadays with the blessings of vitality proc, but not so much this set. I think Supersteak also thought very highly of this set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually have a silly question to ask. With a bow bear I understand we can still land damage with slashes even though it is not sword. Does the slash range change when you equip a range weapon like a bow? Also, sometimes when using Sewer King Bow, I suddenly stop auto-attacking. I'm assuming this is due to using a bear attack like a slash (or even stomp/beckon-I've seen it happen) but I get inconsistent results because I also at times do not have this issue despite using all my slashes/stomps, etc.. And I am sure it has nothing to do with suddenly being out of attack range (or mistakenly clicking off target) because I am next to the enemy when it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thanks for the typo correction, will fix it now

I've heard the Fortified set can actually tank as well as the Royal/Fury mix, especially because of the higher armour and HS. I just don't prefer it because of all the crit bears go up against, mages and birds. When they crit, your armour pretty much is wasted, so I'd rather dodge the entire damage.

Braluk, when you use slashes with a bow, slashes still have melee range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm a bit late, but thank you for posting this guide. :-) I really like it and I'm glad I could help you a bit.

I'm gonna try some things from the str section, I have to admit i never paid much attention the str gear...

Btw I switched to Customized (recurve and talon) and after some runs I wonder how I could play without.. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this isn't necessarily a "dual spec" thread, but I just thought I would throw this out there. Ever since I've started playing I've always played the tank roll and thought/assumed that primarily putting most points in to STR was the way to go (some in to DEX), and then use gear to fill in holes in your stats. I assumed bears were for tanking and that's that. After reading a few of the guides and helpful threads you both have posted, I decided to bite the bullet and give dual spec a shot.

I've got to say, I love it! Not just from a tanking aspect (more hit), but I really like that I can join a group and if there is already a tank there, I can switch over to a bow and deal pretty dang good damage. Regarding gear, I don't have enough for a set yet, I'm using a raid roach helm, scarab bow (also have henchman's), and bagman's chest, but it works great for me for now! As far as tanking gear, kinda the same thing, I've got a sewer helm, but still basic tanking gear for the rest. Drops haven't been very nice to me, and I have a tough time wanting to pay the price for some of the gear in the CS, lol.

Sorry if it's a bit off topic, but thanks to both of you for all of your helpful information, it is very much appreciated! Definitely made the game more fun approaching it from a different angle!
    IGN: Oewaden 55 Bear tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Lol - thanks for posting.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose it then? I can see why you would want the enchanted gemstone set nowadays with the blessings of vitality proc, but not so much this set. I think Supersteak also thought very highly of this set.
    The main reason I got it was because I'm kind of a 'set-nut'. I just have to have all possible sets in game I guess But when I started to play with it, it was the dmg this set does that I liked. I liked the way you're able to deal considerably more dmg while not sacrificing all that much of your tanking ability. I thought about dual spec too, but if I want to be able to deal the max amount of dmg, I just switch to my bird

I also use royal sewer/fury for max dodge, in some situations (roundups and Looting-Vyx mainly). But generally, it's like Elly said already, you can tank almost as effectively with fortified, but with a nice increase in dmg-dealing. I'm talking purely pve here by the way.

On a side note, I really like this gear for a pally too (I respec from time to time), as your spell dmg suffers waaaaay less as compared to fury.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    I'm a bit late, but thank you for posting this guide. :-) I really like it and I'm glad I could help you a bit.

I'm gonna try some things from the str section, I have to admit i never paid much attention the str gear...

Btw I switched to Customized (recurve and talon) and after some runs I wonder how I could play without.. :-)
    Awesome, let us know

Quote Originally Posted by Oewaden View Post
    I know this isn't necessarily a "dual spec" thread, but I just thought I would throw this out there. Ever since I've started playing I've always played the tank roll and thought/assumed that primarily putting most points in to STR was the way to go (some in to DEX), and then use gear to fill in holes in your stats. I assumed bears were for tanking and that's that. After reading a few of the guides and helpful threads you both have posted, I decided to bite the bullet and give dual spec a shot.

I've got to say, I love it! Not just from a tanking aspect (more hit), but I really like that I can join a group and if there is already a tank there, I can switch over to a bow and deal pretty dang good damage. Regarding gear, I don't have enough for a set yet, I'm using a raid roach helm, scarab bow (also have henchman's), and bagman's chest, but it works great for me for now! As far as tanking gear, kinda the same thing, I've got a sewer helm, but still basic tanking gear for the rest. Drops haven't been very nice to me, and I have a tough time wanting to pay the price for some of the gear in the CS, lol.

Sorry if it's a bit off topic, but thanks to both of you for all of your helpful information, it is very much appreciated! Definitely made the game more fun approaching it from a different angle!
    You're very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    The main reason I got it was because I'm kind of a 'set-nut'. I just have to have all possible sets in game I guess But when I started to play with it, it was the dmg this set does that I liked. I liked the way you're able to deal considerably more dmg while not sacrificing all that much of your tanking ability. I thought about dual spec too, but if I want to be able to deal the max amount of dmg, I just switch to my bird

I also use royal sewer/fury for max dodge, in some situations (roundups and Looting-Vyx mainly). But generally, it's like Elly said already, you can tank almost as effectively with fortified, but with a nice increase in dmg-dealing. I'm talking purely pve here by the way.

On a side note, I really like this gear for a pally too (I respec from time to time), as your spell dmg suffers waaaaay less as compared to fury.
    The fortified set, in PvP at least, somehow calls for a slightly different playing style too.

It's almost like a dex bear but in melee gear. Not as tanky without the dodge, but really high armour and HS to compensate, so it's mostly kiting to make use of that awesome HS, and just unleashing a (hopefully) crit loaded combo to kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    The fortified set, in PvP at least, somehow calls for a slightly different playing style too.

It's almost like a dex bear but in melee gear. Not as tanky without the dodge, but really high armour and HS to compensate, so it's mostly kiting to make use of that awesome HS, and just unleashing a (hopefully) crit loaded combo to kill.
    It seems like a viable option all things considered. Max out evade, maybe taunt (especially because of the poor dodge), iron blood (for even more armour), and it seems like a decent set. I think that it may come down to a matter of play-style. Anybody who can afford this kind of gear also has the option of buying a royal sewer plate + helm/fury shield + sword mix or perhaps getting a full dex custom set.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 05-07-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a great guide but im just wondering your recommendations for 4x-5x poor dex bears. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post RE: Tanking Gear

I know you guys already have the answer to this, but when I compare Lvl. 55 sets, the Bodyguard set seems to have higher armor compared to the others; is there a reason it's not one of the recommended builds? Lvl. 52 Bear who hates gobs. My brother is a dwarf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ignaust View Post
    I know you guys already have the answer to this, but when I compare Lvl. 55 sets, the Bodyguard set seems to have higher armor compared to the others; is there a reason it's not one of the recommended builds? Lvl. 52 Bear who hates gobs. My brother is a dwarf!
    Armour is indeed a good stat for tanking, after all, Enemy Damage - Our Armour = Actual Damage taken, but with how the gear in PL is set up, bears can maximise their dodge which makes it (dodge) the best tanking stat in the game.

With dodge, you can dodge the entire attack, which may or may not be a crit.

Sets like the Fortified set with extremely high armour and high HS works well for some because of how they play, however, personally I'd want dodge instead of armour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Elly. This also holds true for PVP as well. Let's just say for the sake of argument it has +24 armor for the entire set compared to another set. For the average mobs in any other map that is attacking you as you hold aggro, this becomes essential to surviving since it's guaranteed to subtract damage. These are enemies who don't really have major crits. BS is one of the few maps which has huge crit attacks everywhere you turn (grates, bosses, and even the goonies who attack like they're critting you). Your additional armor isn't going to make a difference when crit is something like 500 dmg. Dodge will though.