Thread: A thought about %chance..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Default A thought about %chance..

So here's what I think. Pinks dropping in Balefort Sewers is very rare so one day I played about 30-40 games of random matches in Sewers, got bored and went to AO3: "This Ends Now" because I was sick of no pinks. So I kill the boss and get, "Overlords Helm of the Cosmos," which is 25k. This got me thinking!

After killing so many bosses in Balefort Sewers for a pink and not getting one did this increase my %chance of getting a pink?
    Then going to AO3 where pinks drop more often, did this give me a really high %chance of getting a pink from a boss (that was actually rare) since I did so many Balefort Sewers runs?
    Hmm.. Will this work in Meathead's Deli?

So, how does this work? Is anybody getting what I am saying? If not sorry for the confusion. :/

So bored so I decided to post this since my head was running wild with thoughts. Again, sorry for the confusion if you did not understand the wording of this post.
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Drop rates for loot are random.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Drops are completely random, you either get lucky or you don't. Unfortunalty there is no special way of getting a better chance of getting pinks, unless you are wearing the Big Luck Vanity or have a Luck Elixer on of course.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe it works like this

The percentage of getting a pink is set end of story, however the more you farm the higher chance you have due to you trying more.
    Also if you land the last hit on a boss if a pink drops there is a 2x more likely chance that it will go to you
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Ayrilana is right, even the devs have said that the drop rates are random. Confirmed, unless the dev in question was stright up lying (and since it wasn't Cinco, I believe him )

It doesn't matter who does the most damage, who is the highest level, or anything like that.

Certain areas, like AO1/AO2/Swamps, do have higher drop rates than other areas like Balefort Sewers, which currently has the lowest drop rate for pinks for any of the higher lvl campaigns
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ersana View Post
    I believe it works like this

The percentage of getting a pink is set end of story, however the more you farm the higher chance you have due to you trying more.
    Also if you land the last hit on a boss if a pink drops there is a 2x more likely chance that it will go to you
    No. This is not true.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Ayrilana is right, even the devs have said that the drop rates are random. Confirmed, unless the dev in question was stright up lying (and since it wasn't Cinco, I believe him )

It doesn't matter who does the most damage, who is the highest level, or anything like that.

Certain areas, like AO1/AO2/Swamps, do have higher drop rates than other areas like Balefort Sewers, which currently has the lowest drop rate for pinks for any of the higher lvl campaigns
    Thank you for the answer and proof from a Dev, don't think he would lie. Really appreciate it. AND you to Ayrilana!
    And a thanks to everyone else for giving me decent answers!
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Drops are completely random, you either get lucky or you don't. Unfortunalty there is no special way of getting a better chance of getting pinks, unless you are wearing the Big Luck Vanity or have a Luck Elixer on of course.
    Ha! Thanks, now I really understand that it's Random based on how much proof everybody has.
    Flated.