Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: classbalance?

Robhawk

Default classbalance?

I want to keep it as simple as possible and no i dont want to post this in the classbalance thread!!!

In the past:

warrior > mage
    mage > rogue
    rogue > warrior

I could kill rogues in 1on1 like bless or amokachi and so on... As you know bless won the last rogue tourney. So he is for sure no nab and when im able to kill him like 6 times out 12 or 13 fair fights i cant be a nab too because a nab or even advanced mages would win 0 out of 13!

So what is it today?

rogue > warrior
    rogue >>> mage

Yes i can kill undergeared rogues... but NO i cant kill rogues that are near my gear. Good warriors with equal gear were impossible to kill 1on1, that hasnt changed...

The question is: Whats the point? It takes no skill at all to be a killing rogue-rambo, 1 shot or 1 combo and nearly all "fights" are over. I release my charged shield (2 seconds invulnerability dont apply to my toon most of the time) and activate nekro AA but im dead within 2 seconds.?

ps: No i dont speak for the maxed geared mages with elon gun, imbued gear, arcane ring, myth pendand, 3 para gems and 13 eye gems with 5,5k hp, 52% crit, more then 1000 damage and around 1500 armor plus a nekro.... but even these maxed out mages lose to good rogues which dont need to be maxed out to win...

Any changes in the future planned, STS?
    Last edited by Justg; 08-19-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Diggdugg quad stack might help.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Dvelblu View Post
    Diggdugg quad stack might help.
    You are one funny guy, arent you? If you dont want to contribute then stay out of this thread TY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I have seen you in pvp before, you are not even close to max geared and you are using arcane staff(which is useless); you don't even have arcane ring nor any para gem. Moreover, you don't have any skills. So what do you expect?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    You are one funny guy, arent you? If you dont want to contribute then stay out of this thread TY!
    Sorry.I don't mean to make anyone angry.My apologize.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    I have seen you in pvp before, you are not even close to max geared and you are using arcane staff(which is useless); you don't even have arcane ring nor any para gem. Moreover, you don't have any skills. So what do you expect?
    Seriously stay out of my thread!

1. I said i dont speak for the maxed geared mages, you should better read beore posting nonsense.
    2. I sold kershal long ago i actually have a l46 legendary weapon.
    3. i have arcane ring quite some time, even nekro.
    4. Yes i dont have para or eye and again you should learn to read because i said exactly this.
    5. You say i dont have any skill, well lol... All i can say is i could kill nearly any mage except a handfull in vs when gear wasnt as important then it is today. I could kill nearly any rogues except a handfull like the old predator... but honestly my matchup vs warriors was bad since day one until now.

Obviously you donkt like me, i give that feeling back to you and again STAY OUT OF MY THREAD WHEN YOU JUST TROLL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    Someone had to say this XD. I totally agree with you.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Endgame seems a mess at the moment I think having such high damage at 46 doesn't help matters in pvp because 1 shots aren't fun. I really hope some time this year sts dedicate some time to pvp whether it's a new map/balance whatever just some love to pvp would be fine as it has stayed untouched and stayed the same since forever.

I tried pvp at 41-46 and didn't really enjoy it and found it a hell of a lot more fun twinking due to fights lasting more than 1.2 seconds

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Seriously stay out of my thread!

1. I said i dont speak for the maxed geared mages, you should better read beore posting nonsense.
    2. I sold kershal long ago i actually have a l46 legendary weapon.
    3. i have arcane ring quite some time, even nekro.
    4. Yes i dont have para or eye and again you should learn to read because i said exactly this.
    5. You say i dont have any skill, well lol... All i can say is i could kill nearly any mage except a handfull in vs when gear wasnt as important then it is today. I could kill nearly any rogues except a handfull like the old predator... but honestly my matchup vs warriors was bad since day one until now.

Obviously you donkt like me, i give that feeling back to you and again STAY OUT OF MY THREAD WHEN YOU JUST TROLL!
    You upgraded your gear, I'm glad to hear that. However, you are still using a legendary weapon without any para or eye, so why should you expect you can kill maxed rogue? Moreover, whenever someone kills you in tdm, you blame it as gang or rush. Obviously you could kill any Mage "1v1"--as your way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

You're acting like AL is meant for 1v1? Of course the single target class is going to beat the AoE class, why does this fact not make sense? In a clash setting, more mages > more rogues..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Warriors havd always been pretty easy. Especially since you have nekro now, it should be even easier. Just alternate shields. Try gale light heal shield or ice light heal shield. There's no other acceptable build vs a warrior. I hope you saw that mages got a HUGE buff to their heal today. The heal over time upgrade is now very good. Mine heals about 1100 hp per tick for 5 seconds. That's as good as horn.

I think you are trying to compare to warriors like ravagerx. He is not your average war. He has excellent gear/pets and a lot of skill and he's a smart player. So you can't compare or feel bad if he kills you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shinyx For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    Warriors havd always been pretty easy. Especially since you have nekro now, it should be even easier. Just alternate shields. Try gale light heal shield or ice light heal shield. There's no other acceptable build vs a warrior. I hope you saw that mages got a HUGE buff to their heal today. The heal over time upgrade is now very good. Mine heals about 1100 hp per tick for 5 seconds. That's as good as horn.

I think you are trying to compare to warriors like ravagerx. He is not your average war. He has excellent gear/pets and a lot of skill and he's a smart player. So you can't compare or feel bad if he kills you.
    I had kershal for a very long time and a staff is a bad choice vs warriors in 1on1`s since you have to stay away from them. Another problem with staying away is the connection issue. On my screen my toon is far away from the warrior but he still deals massive damage to me, no not with axe^^... So that's something many ppl forget to talk about -> connection / ping / timing. Even when you exactly know what you want at which time doesn't mean it will happen because the delay is nearly nothing now and one moment later its like 1,5 seconds... You cant time skills and other tactics good enough. Rav is a very tough warrior i never would be able to kill him in a vs and i think i even cant kill him when we both are maxed out... honestly i think there is no mage that could beat him in a vs-series. Perhaps conradev in its prime or arry, at least none of the maxed out magnum mages thats for sure.

My build vs warriors in vs is: light, gale (obviously to counter axe), ice, shield. I will switch ice to heal when needed... again the problem is the staff because you dont hit the warrior while running away from him, with a gun its totally different. I know you are a good mage shiny but try to fight a good warrior with a kersh -> it sucks

About the heal buff: 1100hp per tick, honestly that sounds awesome and will help f.e. vs warriors a lot but i guess you agree it doesnt help anything vs 1shot/combo-rogues.

I made this thread just because the balance regarding warrior beats mage, rogue beats warrior, mage beats rogue is gone! Today rogue beats all classes and imho that was not intended!
    Also i have to say i'm looking forward to the new myth gear because gems (para/eye) are the only advantage some players will have and some will realize again that is has nothing to do with skill in first place but gear. I mean there are several players (maxed out) that act like they are so skilled that will fall deep after mainstream will have the new myth set. Im looking forward. The para/eye advantage will still be huge but not as big as it is today.

@Ssneakykills

DITO !

@Visiting

Yes... but... every class should have its "easy" target in vs. The easy target for mages should be rogues and this matchup is messed up! Just ask the maxed pro mages how they do vs good geared rogues!

@kixkaxx/Xdumbx: I wont feed the trolls anymore. All i can say is i never read one of your names in any fight so it looks like you are 2 out of many unknown haxors. lol
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-14-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I don't know why you would knock the magnum mages. Voorg is by far the best mage in clash. Nobody is better than him. Period.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Sultan had a pretty easy time it seems beating voorg in vs

Robhawk ive seen u in pvp and ive fought u several times, sorry bro but keep ur feet on the ground, ive beaten u with my warr several times, more than u me if i remember correctly and he isnt max geared, ur not bad but u shouldnt presume too much.
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 08-14-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    I don't know why you would knock the magnum mages. Voorg is by far the best mage in clash. Nobody is better than him. Period.
    Yes, ok he is one of the best. I guess i said this because i dont like him/them BUT what if you take the OP gear that just 1% of mages in this game can afford (quite a few and obviously with platfarm!) away from them? Alone the 50% or more crit is so insane regarding this gear, respective full eye/para setup. I would do great in vs and clashs too with 50% crit, 5500hp (nearly 10000 with active shield), more then 1000 damage and still 1500 armor with a nekro on top *lol*... this is no contest!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-14-2015 at 06:15 AM.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Sultan had a pretty easy time it seems beating voorg in vs

Robhawk ive seen u in pvp and ive fought u several times, sorry bro but keep ur feet on the ground, ive beaten u with my warr several times, more than u me if i remember correctly and he isnt max geared, ur not bad but u shouldnt presume too much.
    Well i have a warrior too and it was funny at lvlcap41 to play vs mages. My gear was really bad (all legendary except myth helm/armor with normal STR gems/blood ruby with INT gems btw lol), my pet was just a scorch *lol* and i cant remember a kershal mage beating me, except some maxed out with a samael, arcane ring and lots paras/eyes. My kdr on that warrior with bad gear is positive and i played him without a guild everybody knows what that means to a pvp player, no easy task. lol.

You should play as mage from europe with a staff, f.e. kershal and then fight a normal geared/skilled warrior from us... after that we talk about how many fights you have won! I guess none!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

LOL. "I pop arcane shield and then nekro". Made my day!

Pshh. Dmg reduction doesn't stack, you're supposed to alternate shields. Also, you're pretty average in terms of skill and below average on gear. Unless you bring up more specific examples where the fights are against equally geared/skilled warrs/rogs, this is just another flamey lol-thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Rob, retire the kershal. I know it's pretty but it's a terrible weapon choice. I used to skill swap vs wars but there's really no point since the fights last a long time and they'll just horn out of your fist skill set. Just wear them down instead. Make sure you alternate nekro and arcane shield. They alternate flawlessly.
    Consider one other thing; since you're only using 2 attack skills vs a warrior, make sure to charge the skills. Charge, tap auto, charge next, tap auto, etc.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    LOL. "I pop arcane shield and then nekro". Made my day!

Pshh. Dmg reduction doesn't stack, you're supposed to alternate shields. Also, you're pretty average in terms of skill and below average on gear. Unless you bring up more specific examples where the fights are against equally geared/skilled warrs/rogs, this is just another flamey lol-thread.
    It doesnt even matter if it stacks or not because there are rogues that just 1 shot/combo me, and of course not only me, while my shield is up with 4500hp and 2600 armor with gale buff. You just dont get the point. The point here is, the fight is over before it even began although i did everything possible to be ready for defence (active shield -> around 8300 hp, 2600 armor) and still a rogue just needs 1 combo to kill -> this is ridiculous!
    Also i dont think you can judge my skill, judge my skill or my package after new myth gear is common. Also tell me mages with average skill that could kill some of the best rogues (f.e. bless, amokachi just to name 2) and mages. Ask Tongasmash we were good buddys some time ago and we are again although all the horror/karma/loyal - magnum BS! Ask him about my skills at the times were gear didn't matter as much as it does today. If he is honest he will tell you that i`m not an average nab mage because our fights were totally 50/50 who will win and who will lose and that being said his gear even at that times was a little better then mine! Also the nowadays untouchable OP geared mages like rage or voorg could be killed some time (very long time lol) ago in a fair vs and of course this doesnt happen today, where gear separates players with such a huge gap! Just don't forget that gear matters so much today and judge ppl`s skill because he is undergeared - you gonna be surprised how many undergeared players have great skills but not the gear to be competitive. I can remember some rogues at lvlcap41 with normal gear, GREAT skills that kicked *** and impressed / surprised me a lot!

When you don't realize that rogues are totally op in vs today and you call this a "flamey lol-thread" you are the below average AL-pvp-player, sorry!

@Shiny: I sold kershal some weeks ago and i preferred getting arcane ring + nekro instead of getting a myth gun since the skill damage of l46 brutality gun is the same as old kershal. My lightning skill max damage with damage lix is 2130. I figured out the timing between nekro and shield although my nekro isnt l46 and im not really confident until today with lack of pvp experience with him at pvp. I also figured out that the new heal buff is imho related a lot to armor value. I tested pve normal tindrin and with low armor, around 1300k, i die very fast before a heal tick even happens. With 2600 armor it really feels like mini juggernaut. My skills are charged around 60% of time pvp - 100% at pve, just depending on situation when you have the feeling "enemy is nearly dead spam him"...
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-14-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

IMO it's warrior season.

In terms of 1v1 a warrior can smash a rogue, if they are skilled enough. I've been killing ring rogues in 1v1 and I don't have a ring myself

On another note, stop complaining and have fun...it's a game!