Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Mage Heal Upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

And BTW, put a full team of warriors in a clash and then tell me what happens? It's not just sorcerers that have that ability to stack.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hello everyone,

I've merged and moved these two threads. Please remember to post your feedback into the feedback forum and not the general discussion. Also, be sure to see if there is an already existing topic before creating a new one. It makes it more difficult to gather information when it is scattered over multiple threads in multiple forums. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The biggest problem with twink levels is that pet happiness bonuses do not scale. This has resulted in twinks becoming very OP with arcane pets as they receive the same stat bonus as end game players do. So you have players running around with 100-150 extra armor from their pet, when their total armor before the pet was only around 300-400. That would be like giving an end game player 1000+ armor from his pet.

Same goes for the health bonuses from pets. Singe and Maridos both give 50%+ health increases at lower levels. This is why PvP at lower level is so much more fun because it's harder to kill someone, so battles actually last more than 2 seconds. But because of this, the balance is thrown off compared to end game.

Unfortunately it is too late for STS to fix this as you cannot go back and change pet bonuses after people have already purchased and hatched these pets. So they are trying to fix it through other methods.

However, going forward I would suggest in the future that as pets become more powerful, the happiness bonuses should scale to level. For example, instead of Singe giving 250 health, it could have been a 10% health bonus. Instead of Abaddon giving 110 armor, it could have been a 10% armor boost.

Like I said, it's too late to go back, but maybe going forward they should make future pets like this, so that twinks don't continue to become more and more OP.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-14-2015 at 11:17 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    Why do you keep saying it's not appropriate? Based on what testing? It's only been 24 hours. This thread is a downward spiral. Maybe it would have been appropriate after a month or a few weeks but it's been 24 hours. As I said already. So much presumption and baseless argument. Since you say you like to work out, you'll know what I mean when i say it's "Bro Science"

I've already clashed against it and tested individually. You should make a clash and test as well.

@Eld
    So what's your point? You're stating exactly what I'm illustrating as an issue - that amongst all these buffs, sorcerers are shielded all the time and on top of this, they now get an overpowered heal as well.

@Alejandro
    Packs do not move, and smart player would not clash where a rogue has stacked packs. Additionally, sorcerer skill cool downs are relatively short as well. 3 seconds on lightning, no?

@Ener
    We are talking about balance in PvP - not other aspects of the game. Those are issues of their own.

@Shiny
    If this is the case, then a 500 HP tick per second will not make a difference to you. Most of the health is washed, correct?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

@Shiny
    If this is the case, then a 500 HP tick per second will not make a difference to you. Most of the health is washed, correct?
    Because if 4 out if the 5 ticks are wasted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Because if 4 out if the 5 ticks are wasted
    A rogue aim hits every 3-4 seconds (accounting time to charge, as a regular aim will not be enough), so there's enough time to make the heals useful.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    A rogue aim hits every 3-4 seconds (accounting time to charge, as a regular aim will not be enough), so there's enough time to make the heals useful.
    Irrelevant. That's a 1v1 example. We've already established mage heal is terrible 1v1 vs rogue. Moreover, aim is not the only skill yiu have. Your aim is followed up by nox, pierce and auto. Mage is dead, gg

As ener said, what are you trying to do here, make sure that rogue dominates every single aspect of the game?
    Last edited by shinyx; 08-15-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seoratrek View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've merged and moved these two threads. Please remember to post your feedback into the feedback forum and not the general discussion. Also, be sure to see if there is an already existing topic before creating a new one. It makes it more difficult to gather information when it is scattered over multiple threads in multiple forums. Thanks!
    If mages heal gets debuff then will be another area rogues will completely 100% rule .... No balance at all then :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Please keep the mage heal the same, if anything buff it some more. It was Much needed for a class with lowest armour, lowest health, lowest crit, lowest damage. Keep up the good work sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I think STG could have improved the heal regen in increments rather than the drastic jump. The HP regen was ridiculously low before so anything is a welcome change.
    Did you tested the hp regen before? I had a discussion with Instanthumor, the hp regen was the exact same as a lvl41 Samael hp regen back at last cap. I would not call that weak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Irrelevant. That's a 1v1 example. We've already established mage heal is terrible 1v1 vs rogue. Moreover, aim is not the only skill yiu have. Your aim is followed up by nox, pierce and auto. Mage is dead, gg

As ener said, what are you trying to do here, make sure that rogue dominates every single aspect of the game?
    Totally agree. Just want Rogue to dominate the game, which is obvious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Buff rogue -> mages and wars cry.
    Buff mage -> rogues cry.
    1) PVE: skill now pretty useful in normal maps, and even deserves a slot. So, it is not a clearly pvp skill, that kinda very good.
    For elites it wont find any uses, since you get aggro with it, and waste your slot.
    2) PVP: Sorc's heal was a weakest heal comparing with other classes. Sorcs dont need mana, thats why crying rogues should be appreciated for our years of service for them, instead of crying. Obviously, this skill was needed for changes.
    What now?
    -In vs mage with necro could win warrior with necro before update. Now it will be even easier, but - with this update nothing changed. [endgame]
    -In vs mage with anything couldnt win rogue in most cases (could win through elements of luck - crit, proc, opponents' mistakes, opponent's bad luck with crit) [endgame]. Nothing changed here after update. Since usually rogues hit is 80-100% of mage's 5500 hp, 1k per tick wont help and will be just wasting of slot.
    Note: that fact, that rogues kill all, mages kill tanks, and tanks lose mostly in 1v1 fights, deserves a look, but this is not topics theme.
    -In clashes: sorcerers were great in clashes before this update as well. This change can make fights longer and less dependent on lucky rogue's crit (that is kinda good). I see it makes rogues feel useless themselves. For me it looks like dont even respect yourself. Remember that universal argument about necro: everyone has necro in team, so necro is not game breaker (it isnt my argument).
    Everyone has sorc in team as well, so everything is ok! Good rogues will find uses for themselves, like good sorcs did in their worst times.

In total: Skill deserved to get improvement. Now skill is not OP, is some situations it is useful, in some it isnt. Fights should be now a bit longer, that also really inspires me. Next step should be warriors changes.
    PS for purse-proud rogues. When someone come closer to your level, it called balance and fairness. These dont deserve to get nerf.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rstilzchen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mages are soft compare to rogue and tank , so that Heal update is fair enough for mage users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Lol. Buff mage more and more.
    Longest Stun immunity, highest mana storage, huge damage, tanky op shield, aoe skills, only class with stun abilities in skills attacks, only class with mana regeneration.
    Now this
    What next?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Lol. Buff mage more and more.
    Longest Stun immunity, highest mana storage, huge damage, tanky op shield, aoe skills, only class with stun abilities in skills attacks, only class with mana regeneration.
    Now this
    What next?

Tanky OP shield? Without the "tanky OP shield" mages are....well I'll leave it to you to find a suitable word. Even with the shield, mages do not have the survivability of a tank! Not even close. Warriors and rogues both have AoE skills. Warriors have stun ability in skill attack. Mages mana regeneration is required the most by rogues. Take that out and see how many rogues will complain ^_^
    Last edited by Serillia; 08-15-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serillia View Post
    Tanky OP shield? Without the "tanky OP shield" mages are....well I'll leave it to you to find a suitable word. Even with the shield, mages do not have the survivability of a tank! Not even close. Warriors and rogues both have AoE skills. Warriors have stun ability in skill attack. Mages mana regeneration is required the most by rogues. Take that out and see how many rogues will complain ^_^
    Go pvp and see a team of rogues vs a team mages. Equal gears btw. I don't want to hear from avg mages how they get one shot by maxed out rogues. See which team wins.

Also go tdm see clashes. Mages move moves like a jagger with their stun immuned shield. Its the rogues who dies the most in any clash.

Sure rogues have nox. Which we can charge in pvp but mostly nox is swapped out with Razor shield. Pierce and aim surely does great aoe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All i can see here are crying rogues.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Go pvp and see a team of rogues vs a team mages. Equal gears btw. I don't want to hear from avg mages how they get one shot by maxed out rogues. See which team wins.

Also go tdm see clashes. Mages move moves like a jagger with their stun immuned shield. Its the rogues who dies the most in any clash.
    Sure rogues have nox. Which we can charge in pvp but mostly nox is swapped out with Razor shield. Pierce and aim surely does great aoe.

Called class balance. Make a team of 5 warriors and fight 5 mages. See who wins. Make a team of 5 rogues and fight 5 warriors. See what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Called class balance. Make a team of 5 warriors and fight 5 mages. See who wins. Make a team of 5 rogues and fight 5 warriors. See what happens.
    Well if that so, rogues need invulnerability skill and a mana regen skill like the other two classes if it's for class balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Maybe pvp players can get Screen Shot of the clashes using lifegiver and see whose team win and which class got the most kill.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]