Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Mage Heal Upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right. And rogues packs got debuffed anyway. With the new system its way to hard to win against a sorcerer then it should be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Well... debuffs override buffs, i can remember. That means my active 50% armor gale buff not only gets canceled by rogues aimed/shatter armor but also it debuffs my unbuffed armor value by 15%? Is this really correct? If thats the case its just awful but you are right -> this can explain the fast death... Damn this also shows how broken the pvp game mechanics are! The aimed debuff should decrease the actual amount of armor and shouldnt cancel other buffs instead, lol!

Example: mage 1k armor -> 1,5k with gale -> aimed shot hits -> 50% gale armor buff canceled and 15% debuff applied -> drop from 1,5k armor to 0,85k? LOL

It should be: mage 1k armor -> 1,5k with gale -> aimed shot hits -> 50% gale armor buff still active and 15% debuff applied -> drop from 1,5k armor to 1,25k!

The difference between the 2 examples is nothing less then around 50% mages armorvalue... this is... lmao....aimed shots cooldown is 2 seconds so no need for any armor buff because it never will happen. I should have thought about this a little earlier, lol. That also means use gale after the warrior used axe to apply the armor buff after axe`s debuff... but when the warrior is smart he uses a pets AA with the next armor debuff to get the mage squishy again... aahhh...
    So its not about the gear and then skill its about knowing all the exploits/glitches/bugs in first place, then gear and then skill... I hope i`ll find a good one i will not tell anybody, haha! This reminds me of the very bad hitboxes in counterstrike... not the best aimer won but the one who knew all the hitbox glitches...
    What you're overlooking is that there are two powerful shields that mages have access to that can't be cancelled: the mage shield and the nekro shield. Rotating the two in a clash with a team of tanks, who have their own shield, make rogues (suddenly the only squishy class) a liability.

Congrats. Mages are the new OP class in PvP! Mage Legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Agreed, now mages stun, has 2sec of complete immunity, removes all debuffs, heals 170% of their hp in 5secs and has aoe spells!

Mages didn't need a such buff. It became unfair now.

Kilian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Warrior invulnerability is 2s on globe and 6 ticks of heal. Not 3s and not 7 ticks.

I agree with the buff. I felt that mages were overall the weakest of the 3 classes and should be the AOE kings. Clashes are like grouped up mobs where AOE should help. Clashes may never be balanced but clashes should be where a mage belongs. 1v1 is where the rogue dominates.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Great, now waiting for a unwanted mage nerf people will riot about
    GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This thread lol.

Hahaha a rogue complaining that another class is op.

It's just a heal upgrade and it has very little use in the grand scheme of the game.

If anything in this game needs a nerf it's aimed shot. Why don't we look at what rogues are supposed to be good for: killing bosses and 1v1 but they're extremely op beyond that so let's not blow things out of proportion. We didn't see you rogues dancing around with pom poms in our support when heal was 5 hp for 10 seconds. So let's not pretend we're worried about class balance here.

Remember, we are reliant on shield! It's a handicap

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shinyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Lolz @ everybody here

This buff is pretty useless in PvP sadly, great for clash but for 1 v 1 (espically to a rouge) its useless cause they kill you so fast.

So.....

Mages better now? Maybe, and if so, only a little bit.
    Mages still squishy? Definitely.
    Mages now have a chance against warriors and rouges? Depends on the situation but most of the times, yes.

Now everybody stop crying before we get a mage nerf.

If anything, we should have got our mana amount/regen increased. 800 - 1200 health ( depending on damage) per second is a little OP I agree (espically during a clash with an 8k+ health warrior)

However Lifegiver will need more better buffs for this to auctally be worthwhile in PvE.
    Last edited by KnowledgeFTW; 08-14-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I think STG could have improved the heal regen in increments rather than the drastic jump. The HP regen was ridiculously low before so anything is a welcome change.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Warrior invulnerability is 2s on globe and 6 ticks of heal. Not 3s and not 7 ticks.

I agree with the buff. I felt that mages were overall the weakest of the 3 classes and should be the AOE kings. Clashes are like grouped up mobs where AOE should help. Clashes may never be balanced but clashes should be where a mage belongs. 1v1 is where the rogue dominates.
    Clash should be where a Mage belongs, correct. However, when the class can replace a rogue's role in a clash, then it's severely imbalanced. I understand if you only need one rogue, but not needing any rogue is akin to not needing a warrior in PvE.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    This thread lol.

Hahaha a rogue complaining that another class is op.

It's just a heal upgrade and it has very little use in the grand scheme of the game.

If anything in this game needs a nerf it's aimed shot. Why don't we look at what rogues are supposed to be good for: killing bosses and 1v1 but they're extremely op beyond that so let's not blow things out of proportion. We didn't see you rogues dancing around with pom poms in our support when heal was 5 hp for 10 seconds. So let's not pretend we're worried about class balance here.

Remember, we are reliant on shield! It's a handicap
    Serious?

I was the first rogue to advocate for the sorcerer buff if you recall. I do not recall any sorcerer disagreeing with me, back then. In fact, many sorcerers agreed with my buff suggestions. Additionally, when the proposed buffs came, sorcerers agreed that things were balanced. Naturally, if more is added, then the game would become imbalanced, no?

A sorcerer can hit nearly as hard as a rogue in a clash - the various armor debuffs these days ensures that.

If anything, I can bring up numerous videos where in a clash, people swapped their rogue for a sorcerer in an attempt to gain an upper hand. Keep in mind that this is prior to heal buff. This has never occurred before, when sorcerer shield was not buffed. So, why now? What's changed? I think that question answers itself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeFTW View Post
    Lolz @ everybody here

This buff is pretty useless in PvP sadly, great for clash but for 1 v 1 (espically to a rouge) its useless cause they kill you so fast.

So.....

Mages better now? Maybe, and if so, only a little bit.
    Mages still squishy? Definitely.
    Mages now have a chance against warriors and rouges? Depends on the situation but most of the times, yes.

Now everybody stop crying before we get a mage nerf.

If anything, we should have got our mana amount/regen increased. 800 - 1200 health ( depending on damage) per second is a little OP I agree (espically during a clash with an 8k+ health warrior)

However Lifegiver will need more better buffs for this to auctally be worthwhile in PvE.
    The only way Lifegiver will ever be worthwhile in PvE is it gets changed to Lifetaker.

I'm actually happy about the buff. I was just so sick of hearing Rogue Legends over and over again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

But following that logic, we should nerf warriors too. I mean, nobody will dispute that tank stacking is op.

The fact of the matter is that the use of mage heal is extremely situational. When it's needed, it should work as intended. I don't know how to put this another way; if mage is not shielded, there is no amount of healing that will save us from a single charged aim shot.

Geez, nobody has even tested this heal long enough yet, so aren't you jumping the gun a bit with a nerf thread? From my testing, it is better not to use heal vs a rogue. We'll see about the rest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with you Zeus today the sorcerer station very OP is an unnecessary buff, but who should have a buff are tanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

But following that logic, we should nerf warriors too. I mean, nobody will dispute that tank stacking is op.

The fact of the matter is that the use of mage heal is extremely situational. When it's needed, it should work as intended. I don't know how to put this another way; if mage is not shielded, there is no amount of healing that will save us from a single charged aim shot.

Geez, nobody has even tested this heal long enough yet, so aren't you jumping the gun a bit with a nerf thread? From my testing, it is better not to use heal vs a rogue. We'll see about the rest
    In regards to clash, the heal is overpowered. And no, tank stacking is not OP as their heal shields cannot stack. If anyone has had to play during the days when the heal shield did stack, those people would see what OP is. I actually like 4 tank clashes because those tanks always mess up heal order and it makes the DPS and the weak link easy to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackyy View Post
    I agree with you Zeus today the sorcerer station very OP is an unnecessary buff, but who should have a buff are tanks.
    Totally agree, tanks need a buff more than ever these days considering their jugg is easily broken (even by sorcerers, who have DoT).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    The only way Lifegiver will ever be worthwhile in PvE is it gets changed to Lifetaker.

I'm actually happy about the buff. I was just so sick of hearing Rogue Legends over and over again.
    You hate hearing "rouge legends" but now you proceed to say "mage legends" bias much? Lel (no offense)

Other than that I agree with you about this buff, necessary for this skill.

Thanks to a few rouges, mages will be nerfed. Lifegiver might as well be taken off the skill chart and replaced with something else.
    Last edited by KnowledgeFTW; 08-14-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

1v1 aspects are irrelevant at this point in time considering that all PVP game modes currently in game are designed for team play (though not optimized for them (#GamesWonCounter)), so let's stick to purely team aspects. In a clash, or any type of group fight, mages were already regarded as more useful than rogues in comparison, due to the fact that they could heal the party, couldn't be stunned pretty much ever due to nekro/arcane shield, plus almost always had some sort of shield protecting their regularly squishy butts, and to go even farther, ALL of their skills are made for GROUP fights, whilst rogues can only attack one at a time, though they'll most likely do more dmg with their attacks than a lone sorc would, that doesn't really mean much when you compare it to the fact that sorcs are damaging the whole enemy team as a whole, making them a much more viable option for clashing, which is the "main point" of the current PVP modes we have. Now, with this buff, which makes the sorc heal even more beneficial to the whole team, especially a team comprised of just tanks/mages, since the mages can heal all of the tanks health in a single heal now! I fear that rogues will be getting the short end of the stick as warriors have been seeing in regards to PVE content (but that's another story XD).
    So, long story short, I'm not saying that it needs nerfed directly, but I think STS should review this buff at the least.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This thread is premature. It should be closed until the MAGES have had a chance to test. For crying out loud, mages haven't even tested fully and a rogue is asking for nerf. So much speculation in this thread. Let's not get something into people's heads prematurely

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This thread is premature. It should be closed until the MAGES have had a chance to test. For crying out loud, mages haven't even tested fully and a rogue is asking for nerf. So much speculation in this thread. Let's not get something into people's heads prematurely
    Clash and evaluate, you'll find my claims are accurate. The fact that there are sorcerers supporting my claims while I am a rogue shows that this buff was perhaps made in error and should be toned down.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-14-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol most mages don't even know about the buff yet. That's why I had to post a thread to inform people. That's why I say this nerf thread is premature.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Lol.

Rogues got their packs fixed within days of the bug. The sorcerer heal buff took near 3 years. Give us some time to feel OP

Jokes aside, a sorcerer's place is in a clash. You don't see us crying because a rogue is better in pretty much everything else in PvP do you? (Not any more anyway, not since the buff).

Sorcerers can't do as much damage as a rogue, that's a ridiculous myth. If sorcerers are running shield and the OP OP heal, that leaves 2 attack skills (provided they aren't curse mages). Fireball and lightning, usually. Let's say Fireball crits 2k damage and light 4k (I'm not max geared, so I'm unsure of actual numbers) - a rogue does say 5k on aim, 2k on Nox, 2k on sp. 9k versus 6k. Bearing in mind both are max geared and are attacking the same opponent.

Moving back to the main topic, I've always held that mages were meant to have a supporting role. This helps that. I do agree that maybe it needs to be nerfed slightly, by maybe a 100 damage less, or better still have STR as a factor rather than damage but I doubt that would ever happen.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: