Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Mage Heal Upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Not everyone can afford pots. This mage heal is beneficial to pvp and pve. Much needed and appreciated sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    I try to keep from commenting on 1v1 scenarios due to the fact that I personally feel that 1v1s are silly and a waste of time at this point in the game, I feel that STS should work on improving CTF/TDM instead of adding a 1v1 arena (but that's another thread in the making). From a clash scenario, which is the scenario that should be seen the most due to the fact that the current PVP modes are team based, I feel that rogues are the last class to be needed if they're needed all, but, I don't believe the heal change has anything to do with that. Though, it does make it more likely for a team with more mages VS a team with more rogues in comparison to win every match due to the Mage heal being ridiculously good as opposed to the previous "good enough". While I personally don't know if the new heal is "overpowered" or not, I do think that STS should test this buff more, possibly coming in game and testing with the community, namely you, Zeus, Madnex, and other people who understand how the game and their respective classes work.

I hear what you're saying. The reality, however, is that clash does not really exist. The game is called CTF but some of the predominant voices opposing the mage heal buff are from people who only care about having an advantage over their rival guilds. I'm sorry, but the class that I waited so long to have improved should not be designed around people's ideas of benefits their guild drama.

This isn't directed towards you but I hope you feel what I'm trying to say.

Someone please make bullet points of the key issues discussed so that we can sort through the fluff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shinyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeFTW View Post
    OKAY I admit this buff to Lifegiver is a BIT OP. But before nobody used it and now people are upset that STS trys to make heal more alive?
    This buff is somewhat useful now to twink mages, before this twinking smurfs were seen as support class rather than AoE, and mages barely won 1v1 to rouges.
    After this buff, rouges can still over power us mages very fast. Remember this buff, was meant to be more PvE oriented, not PvP. Rouges still dominate PvP, so I don't know why so many rouges are upset. We don't want a skill nobody's gonna use. Don't criticize STS for doing good work and instead thank them for putting up with our complaning points. But I do agree that this skill upgrade may have been buffed to much haha. Still, I don't want any more nerfs or buffs to heal, except reduced cool down time in exchange for less Mana/health regen.

Thank you and have a good day.
    NOTE: Its fine if you don't agree with me but don't criticize me for having an honest opinion, amen.
    As far as having a skill that no one wants to use...
    Heal was already a PVP must have for mages, it keeps your team's HP and Mana full better than any other skill (especially with this buff). You want a really useless skill? Try Shadow Storm Shot. Nuff said.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    As far as having a skill that no one wants to use...
    Heal was already a PVP must have for mages, it keeps your team's HP and Mana full better than any other skill (especially with this buff). You want a really useless skill? Try Shadow Storm Shot. Nuff said.

There has never once been a mage who didn't grunt and mosn if the team asked them to yse heal. People act as if we even like heal. We don't. But if we must use it in some situations, we'd rather have it work well. Indeed, any mage in this game would rather use 3 attack skills instead of heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    As I said before, lifegiver will never be better than simply using pots in PvE. It's not a PvE skill.
    It's around 200k to max both types of options, are you telling me with farming as it is, that people can't farm a single lock, buy a few hundred potions with the money earned from that singular locked crate, then farm arena until they loot a SINGLE vial, or even go farm some insignias, or even easier, go farm teeth, and with that profit they can easily buy more pots, plus continue farming towards whatever goal(s) they may have. So, still, I see no real use for heal to be used by anyone full time in PVE...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

To Topic,
    This thread has yet again turned into a "'Paper is fine, nerf rock' -Scissors" kind of thread.
    Not directing this at anyone in particular, but like many others have stated, Rogues have been dominating every aspect of Arcane Legends for so long (I started during the Tindirin cap, and it still feels like Rogues > all other classes). I don't remember a time where someone didn't say "Too many mages/warriors, need rogue" or "X slots Y map, need rogue".

Mages are crowd control/support, so its logical to have a shield (because we're squishy) and a Heal skill (for support) so we can heal our party members.
    Warriors should have high armor and HP but low damage because they are a defense class, someone that holds the enemies from attacking the rogues and mages, to keep them from dying
    Rogues are an attack class, so yes, its logical to have high damage, but is it really needed they they also have high armor and health? Isn't that what warriors should have? Isn't that what makes Warriors useful? (because they can tank damage so other classes can help kill the enemies)

Ideally, what I believe ultimately is "class balance" is where like rock, paper, scissors, one beats the other, and none can beat both.
    In my opinion,

Warriors should have high health, high armor, and low/mid damage: to take damage, and hold aggro (so that they rely on rogues to do the damage, and a mage to heal/crowd control mobs)
    Rogues should have low health, low armor, and high damage (so they rely on warrs to take damage so that they don't get killed, and a mage to heal/crowd control mobs)
    Mages should have low/mid health, low/mid armor, and moderate damage (so that they rely on rogues to do damage, warrs to defend them; while they heal the other classes and do crowd controlling)

This way, each class must rely on the other for something, making them all useful

Just my thoughts
    (Also, my thoughts are from a PvE standpoint)
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 08-15-2015 at 02:25 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

IMO, rouges are supposed to be fast and DMG? Why are the armour stats 1.7k to 2.3k armour while mages armour is 1k-1.5k and rouges already have 35% to 45% crit which means 1/ 2 hits are critical DMG from rouge, mages crit 15% to 30% so 1/5 hits are crit. Rouges also have same damage as mages and in most cases more damage. More DMG + high crit = highest hitters in the game, +2k armour = why is rouge highest hitter but not the most vulnerable class, oh that right, it because mages are the most vulnerable class, no way mages can compete with damage x critical = true damage.. Those are facts, any rouge begging to relook at this heal is obviously not having the games best interest at heart and they personally want rouges to stay way to overpowered because they are one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Americabud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    There has never once been a mage who didn't grunt and mosn if the team asked them to yse heal. People act as if we even like heal. We don't. But if we must use it in some situations, we'd rather have it work well. Indeed, any mage in this game would rather use 3 attack skills instead of heal.
    Formerly, I played Mage myself, so I totally understand where you're coming from, I personally used a PVE spec in PVE unless I was needed to clash. While I don't dislike heal or anything, I just wasn't confident with it due to me being a mainly PVE Mage, but as such, I understood my classes' place in a fight, just as I do in a PVE setting, where my/our job is to help the team by doing as much DMG possible while controlling where the mobs are, or in a PVP setting, making sure that the team isn't killed by other team, which means using heal to support the team, while simultaneously doing as much damage to the other team as possible. Personally, prior to this buff, I thought that the Mage heal was perfectly fine, or at least I had no real problems with it, now, I feel as if it unbalances clashes in the mages favor, but as I previously said, I can't make a solid statement on it until the community does some more testing and gets some solid numbers on the matter, and until STS releases a statement on it as well so we can know their thoughts on the buff.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

And I thank you again sts for this mage heal buff, its not op or some immortal heal but its a step in the right direction to expand the game in a way that EACH class is unique and USEFUL!

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #170
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Thank you for your feedback everyone. Please remember to keep your posts constructive, friendly, and on-topic. I will forward this feedback to the devs so they can take a look.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com