Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please bring back the zone "loading screens" at least as an option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Please bring back the zone "loading screens" at least as an option

I submitted this as a bug and was told these were removed and the patch note was missed. Now it is there ingame but I dunno, I'm not satisfied just knowing it was intentional.

I for one want these back. All the reasons are in the original thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Android-only

Surely I'm not the only one who dislikes this change and think it isn't for the better?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-03-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added sig

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Bronislav84,

Thanks for the feedback. As I understand it, the removal of the info screen when loading was done to streamline the gameplay and get to the action faster. I can understand your feelings about it's removal. I'm don't think that they would be brought back. Of course, the team is always looking at ways to inject story into the game, so something else may happen in the future to do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thank you for the reply Sam. I love PL's staff because we see red and green names posting and replying to feedback on a regular basis! I honestly have been considering charging some Plat to support you guys, specifically because of the quick fixes and very often listening to your players. I like a company that cares and sees us as more than just a paycheck. After all if customers are very unsatisfied, they do take their money elsewhere and the employees' paychecks are affected. You guys seem to genuinely enjoy your jobs. I have noticed you guys do make as big an effort as possible to keep us players satisfied, and maintain this win-win situation. Personally, I like that.

Anyway I understand the reason, and do concur that getting to the action sooner is good, but please would you guys be able to figure out a way to include the missing story info back into the game again somehow eventually? There's places I haven't seen the intro to yet (Currently saving up for Stash slots and eventually a 10P dungeon) and now I will never know what they're about anymore because I wasn't there before the info was removed. On top of that, new players join the game all the time, and as it stands now these people will basically never know what places are about anymore because the descriptions were removed before they even started the game.

Now if you guys can just figure out how to somehow include the removed info elsewhere and make the new screen transitions look less like a momentary app crash, I'd be really satisfied. And of course, happy.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We are trying to put the story back into NPC convos and such. We'll continue to try and come up with a better solution.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

to be frank, it is a little disorienting to suddenly go from place to place like that. if the game where really open world, where you had to walk from place to place and with wilderness in between (THAT would be awesome) then yes being able to get to the next part as quick as possible might be best. but since we have the almighty instant teleportation of the world map, instant access is not that much of an issue.

basically the sudden change in areas, camera angle and sounds is quite strong.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I agree with Arterra.

Mister G I have noticed that with Sandstone Caves. I guess the others can be revamped and this missing info added to NPC quest dialogue or new quests made. I tested my friend and asked what Sandstone was about and was told the info as if from the announcements on the forums, but then was also told it was from the NPCs. But what about places like Skeller and Shadow Caves which have zero quests, or Frozen Nightmares which has 2? Unless you are planning to add quests to them they basically have zero substance now. At least zone info is still on the Host Game screen. Please tell me that info is not going to be removed too?

By the way you probably don't remember my character, but I remember meeting your character in Oasis while you were on vacation in Brazil but you had to go quickly. How was the rest? Good?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-04-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Whenever I enter a dungeon or world the screen goes black and looks like it's about to crash.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>