Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Fixing the Broken Jewel System!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Zzz.

I thought the basic idea of jewels were to phase out the gems? Epic fail then, people are still using paras and eyes... Simply buff jewels and their drop rates.

WHY does noble chaos gem give less damage than paracelsus soul stone, an outdated YEAR OLD item?
    I think chaos jewels aren't a problem anymore (after sts fixed the stats on them), it is in par with a second para gem and you can remove it.

The first para gem bonus is so huge and there is no solution, i recommend to keep them in stash another year for the lvl51. These gems will worth 50-100m, depends on how much gold people will have.

The problem is the other 4 useless gem (lightning, diamond, nature, water) which i just delete from my inventory. I think there should be no trash items, if i join a rengol map for daily i need to delete a tons of uncorn candy, elondria essence along with the green and blue dropped items.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    The problem with the main stat jewels (being the only ones that are actually worth trying to get to 'noble') is that there is no map that is a viable farming source. I am actually fine with ~700 cracked jewels for a superb fury/finesse/mind, compared to, say, 200-300 essences for a grand gem (assuming one needs 20-30 gems on average to get a grand); jewels are, after all, reusable. Consequently, I'm somewhat ok with ~2100 cracked jewels for a jewel, that's better than a grand gem.

Problem is, like I said, you can't really farm these things. The usual farming maps don't drop fury/finesse/mind. Other popular maps like Wilds still drop the utterly useless nature and water (not that they are the only useless ones, as others have already said), even elites drop these, which is mind boggling. So, we are mostly left with Rengol maps, where at least nature and water were removed. Problem, however, with Rengol maps is, that it is absurd to farm the most basic stuff (+1 stat jewels qualify imho) in maps like these - long maps, not many mobs, low density, short leash ranges, not to mention the one-hit deaths. It is beyond me why devs cannot understand such a simple fact - we need a place where we can actually farm main stat jewels, and Rengol maps just don't qualify. I suggested a new crypt some time ago. Or refreshing one of the existing crypts. I don't know, something like that.

I realize that obtaining noble jewels is a long term goal etc. etc. I get the reasoning behind this. However, what I also get, and what devs obviously fail to understand, is this:

If you really wanted jewels to replace gems and if you wanted noble (and possibly higher tier) jewels to be a long term goal, why did you keep gems in the game? And not just keep, but scale to lvl 46, which is beyond ridiculous.

You say gems will eventually phase out. This to me means that you are out of touch with the reality in the game, at least as far as gems are concerned. You are creating yet another situation where discontinued op stuff (assuming paras and eyes never return) will give some players huge edge for pretty much another whole season, if not longer. And this isn't even limited to just paras and eyes. Reinforced gems are much better than the laughable diamond jewels. These are not going to phase out any time soon. However, they will be practically unobtainable even by people like me, who could afford them before the jewel system was introduced. If this is your new and supposedly better system, well, I don't know what to think.
    This pretty much sums all, and i do agree with all and everything what your saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.
    How do they control this?? Even if i sell my gem hoarding, i will hold 1 fire gem, 1 enchanted eye, 1 tarlok gem, 1 reinforced gem, 1 elon gem, 1 skull gem FOREVER, because i wanna know how they scale in the future lvl51, lvl56, lvl61, lvl66, lvl71 etc. So if it depends on me, gems will exist always.

If the new gears arent better than current (orcslaying gear, glintstone gear right?) then these op gems will rest in stashes waiting for a gear where it worth socketing, since they arent removable, making this 'work themselves out' period much longer.
    Last edited by Haligali; 08-27-2015 at 08:08 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    If the new gears arent better than current (orcslaying gear, glintstone gear right?) then these op gems will rest in stashes waiting for a gear where it worth socketing, since they arent removable, making this 'work themselves out' period much longer.
    Yes, this actually exacerbates the problem we have here. Releasing lvl 46 gear, that's worse than lvl 41s, works directly against this "gems will eventually work themselves out of the game" premise. I sincerely doubt anyone has put even a single reinforced gem into a piece of orcslaying gear, let alone para or eye. If the glintstone mythics are released with the currently announced stats, I doubt many valuable gems will go there either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Yes, this actually exacerbates the problem we have here. Releasing lvl 46 gear, that's worse than lvl 41s, works directly against this "gems will eventually work themselves out of the game" premise. I sincerely doubt anyone has put even a single reinforced gem into a piece of orcslaying gear, let alone para or eye. If the glintstone mythics are released with the currently announced stats, I doubt many valuable gems will go there either.
    To be honest, the worst part is not the stats on themselves (of the glintstone set), but the fact they are supposed to be the best gear of this and potentially next season. This means event after event after event with bad gear and no progression. Sigh...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    To be honest, the worst part is not the stats on themselves (of the glintstone set), but the fact they are supposed to be the best gear of this and potentially next season. This means event after event after event with bad gear and no progression. Sigh...
    I'm going a bit off, but I still have a hope in planar tombs upscale to lvl46.

Maybe I'm not exaggerating when i tell, imbued gear is the best itemization in the game. Remember rogues always used potency, mages brutality, warriors will sets, or whichever is the best for damage in the past. But imbueds versions have almost same stats, all got crit damage, only few differences, like if you give up 15 damage which seems a lot, but you gain a ton 100 armor, which makes you still competitive. That's what i call real tradeoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I'm going a bit off, but I still have a hope in planar tombs upscale to lvl46.

Maybe I'm not exaggerating when i tell, imbued gear is the best itemization in the game. Remember rogues always used potency, mages brutality, warriors will sets, or whichever is the best for damage in the past. But imbueds versions have almost same stats, all got crit damage, only few differences, like if you give up 15 damage which seems a lot, but you gain a ton 100 armor, which makes you still competitive. That's what i call real tradeoff.
    If they scale up Imbueds for some reason, there will be no reason to farm the Rengol maps. Not gonna happen (even though I'm a huge fan of the Imbued sets).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

The answer is to buff jewels drop rates and make them better so that they actually will become a viable way to enhance our gear.

Main stat jewels: each level of jewel should give 1 more main stat. Starting from excellent should give 2 more.

Lightning: greatly enhance the crit rate given, noble ones should give at least 1.1% crit. Also, all levels should give 2 primary stat, exellent jewels and above give 3 primary stats.

Chaos: not a big problem, but mabae give a first time bonus that doesnt stack with para (crit/main stat/dmg bonus % increase)

Nature/water: at least double the amount of hp/mana these gems give. Currently, they are worse then trash.

To me, it makes no sense for sts to add jewels that no one will use, so why not actually make the jewels work?

Criticism/suggestions welcomed.

*I have not invested in jewels as I currently am totally broke with 40k gold :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Overall when we were implementing and designing the new Jewel system we felt it would be unfair to just strip everyone of their hard earned Gems, instead of allowing them to naturally become rare and eventually obsolete while players are also farming and crafting higher end jewels.
    Dear Carapace

I hear this 'hard earned gems' phrase second time from a dev - Fibus mentioned also - let me describe my experience why is it wrong:
    You guys did not run halloween, nor winter event. I did run, so i know better. Para gem was NOT hard earned, especially when you compare to Noble Fury, Finesse, Mind jewel. I did earn a para gem in every few (~2) hours during halloween, eye gem, i just bought a 20 pc for 400k gold each during winter. You can see this on prices, para gems selling ~5m gold on black market, while a noble Fury Jewel is close to ~10m range. Im nowhere close to craft any noble jewel yet after months of expansion release, but this is maybe because i rarely play the game now.

My point is, even fixing the chaos jewel stats wasnt enought - it is in par with a secondary para gem, which is good - but also need to fix lightning jewel stats too. And dont stop here, please take a look at madnex suggestion:

"make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely."

since the first bonus of eye and para gems is so huge, they will worth 50m gold in the future im not kidding.

Why is it wrong, not just for the game - creates gap between rich and poor - but also for sts crew? Because you can release whatever new gear you want, those will be available for the masses, while op gems not, so people will save money for gems, gear will be minor factor.

There is no urge for me playing your game, when i can earn more gold while not playing your game, just sitting on gems.

Please consider madnex suggestion along with the fixing of the current useless jewel stats, and fixing the drop rate.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-03-2015 at 05:30 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Don't waste your breath hali, realizing this kind of stuff would require a deep in-game perspective; something that STS severely lacks atm. In the larger picture, the ones with overpowered event gems to sit on and/or use in future gear are the 5%. No big deal, they think, right? Well, unfortunately, no. Simply because that 5% can and will dominate every single aspect of the game for another season or two, be it PvE timed runs or PvP.

New players must be thrilled to join in at a game which crowns the older players simply because they were there before them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Don't waste your breath hali, realizing this kind of stuff would require a deep in-game perspective; something that STS severely lacks atm. In the larger picture, the ones with overpowered event gems to sit on and/or use in future gear are the 5%. No big deal, they think, right? Well, unfortunately, no. Simply because that 5% can and will dominate every single aspect of the game for another season or two, be it PvE timed runs or PvP.

New players must be thrilled to join in at a game which crowns the older players simply because they were there before them.
    I'm not trying to be rude and all, but have YOU ever run a business before?

If not, you really have no clue why they trying to Phase out those Parastones and Eyes.

Like you said, it's only the 5%. They looking at the game as a whole, not as the 5% of the people who would love to get their hands on those gems/stones again, then it be impossible to fix in the future.

What would you do IF you own a business? Would you cater to:

1. the 5% (spoil rich/whiners/complainers)?

Or

2. the 95% (average/casual players)?

And i can guaranteed you that, the 95% generates more $$$ for them in the long run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Ipoopsy, I still can't understand what you've been trying to say all this time in the various gems/jewels discussions. All I got is you don't want any gems back and you don't want any improvements in the current jewel system. Your opinion seems to be along the lines of "everything is perfect". Feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ipoopsy, I still can't understand what you've been trying to say all this time in the various gems/jewels discussions. All I got is you don't want any gems back and you don't want any improvements in the current jewel system. Your opinion seems to be along the lines of "everything is perfect". Feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.
    The bottom line is let it all Phase Out. The more you ask of the parastone or eyes gems to come back, the bigger the problem in the future. That's what i've been saying all before.

But if they do come back.

IMO, they should only have 1 parastone /eye gems affect per characters. (No more stacking)

And i know most people who have multiple parastone/eye will not like it. That's how you will balance part of the game out and no more OP players. That's another alternative. But like i said, most won't like this way.
    Last edited by Ipoopsy; 10-07-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I would be fine with letting gems phase out, if we were given something comparable and competitive in terms of jewels. Comparable both in stats and in estimated farming time. Do we have this? No. Do we have any idea, if we will have this in the near future? No. That's why I won't stop talking about this, or whining if you wish. And I'm definitely not willing to wait for a year or two or God knows how long to see STS' grand plan on jewels (if they have one at all).

And by the way, I find your logic rather flawed. Could you explain to me why hoarders (rich/op/famous/whatever players) would want para/eye back or the jewel system fixed? Each of these events would mean that their gems:

a) are no longer rare/op (hence hoarders could no longer have a huge advantage in terms of stats);
    b) no longer cost millions (hence hoarders lose gold).

Para/eye hoarders are much better right now: discontinued op gems, laughable jewel system => op stats and millions of gold. Why would they want something to change? Which brings me to the next logical question. Are you, Ipoopsy, a para/eye hoarder?
    Last edited by Tatman; 10-07-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Inwas wondering if they could look i to combined jewelmrecipes to compensate for the reinforced/enchanted and para gems.

Reinforced jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel and armor jewel making it compete with the reinforced gems
    Enchanted jewel recipe would combine one of each stat jewel and a lightining jewel to compete with the enchanted
    Paraleceus jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel with chaos to compete with paragems

Problem is thats 24new recipes, if combinations are done per tier.

Just a thought, if not in line with the thread pls ignore.

Thanks

Maarkus

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    The bottom line is let it all Phase Out. The more you ask of the parastone or eyes gems to come back, the bigger the problem in the future. That's what i've been saying all before.
    I see now a total uncontrolled 'phrase out', what if i just hold my gems longer, or someone take a long break for 1 year because exams/work, then comes back after a year with full of gems in his inventory? Also rarely better/worse new gear makes gems sitting in stashes. We must stop this nonsense!

But if they do come back.
    I dont think bringing them back is good too. Then all the jewels will be useless. Good solution i think is this:
    "make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely."

IMO, they should only have 1 parastone /eye gems affect per characters. (No more stacking)
    That was the intention when they released these gems, there is a non-stackable first bonus (para 5.0 damage, eye 1% crit), actually it failed..

Lvl46 mythic helm estimated cost ~3m gold, 1 pc eye gem 3m gold. You think its ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Inwas wondering if they could look i to combined jewelmrecipes to compensate for the reinforced/enchanted and para gems.

Reinforced jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel and armor jewel making it compete with the reinforced gems
    Enchanted jewel recipe would combine one of each stat jewel and a lightining jewel to compete with the enchanted
    Paraleceus jewel recipe would combine a stat jewel with chaos to compete with paragems

Problem is thats 24new recipes, if combinations are done per tier.

Just a thought, if not in line with the thread pls ignore.

Thanks

Maarkus
    I think the "combined jewel recipe" is kinda realistic. I mean there is no way sts introduces a new jewel system that is worse than the old one, they must have their own plan to complete it in a way that we users all feel satisfied about it. If this comes true, i dont think we need 24 new recipes just the 3 basis ones: Reinforced jewel recipe, enchanted jewel recipe and paracelcus jewel recipe, plus a note in each recipe that "comebine stats of jewel ingredients AT THE SAME TIER" so only cracked jewels r able to be crafted with each other, and similar to other higher tier jewels