Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garetta Dailies - Nomerite Quests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    No they really did design the quest chain sub par. And for a set that is less than crate gear? I don't see the logic. It would have been slightly more interesting to require one run in each map but now we just run map 2 to expedite the process.

I'm thankful to be almost done with the set, I don't feel that I accomplished anything great and will never use it. Just that it bored me.
    But, They said the nomerite quests were REQUIRED to complete the NEW mythic quests..... Right???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    But, They said the nomerite quests were REQUIRED to complete the NEW mythic quests..... Right???
    Right so the hopes of completing it once then buying a subsequent set for a different class seems to be impossible without completing the orc slayer is the way that I am interpreting this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Honestly if they make the mythic sets once completed trade-able that would make a lot of us happy, the ones that don't have the time or interest in doing this. Also would give the farmers a lot of leverage in selling the sets.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Xorrior, why you feel sorry for Devs? Nobody is saying bsd things to them. This is just feedback. If they didn't want feedback, they wouldn't make a forum.

As for what others are saying, yes I understand it only takes 15-20 minutes. That's 15-20 for a rogue. Do you know how long it takes a warrior? I only have 1 hour per day to play and now I'm spending that time on this quest. Besides these quests aren't 1 or 2 weeks. It will take months of doing something boring that I don't enjoy.

I say keep this quest F2P but let other people be able to buy orc tags with plat or make those tradeable too. That will make even the F2P people happy because they can sell the tags.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pompous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Honestly if they make the mythic sets once completed trade-able that would make a lot of us happy, the ones that don't have the time or interest in doing this. Also would give the farmers a lot of leverage in selling the sets.
    Agreed 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Yes this would be great and farmers would actually be able to make gold from this too

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Actually the idea of this set is to get players farming and playing to give them a chance at one of the best items in the game. I would only accept this to be purchasable by plat if it were to be account bound and not tradeable.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Actually the idea of this set is to get players farming and playing to give them a chance at one of the best items in the game. I would only accept this to be purchasable by plat if it were to be account bound and not tradeable.
    +1. Its about time people either farm hard or drop a ton of money for this new set instead of just getting 50mil from stash. The mythic set should be sold as a whole, so the players HAVE to spend a certain amount of plat in order for the whole set, not just what they need. Make it $100+ worth of plat for the whole set so plat whales either farm or buy it. This will generate a lot of revenue due to many people "not having time"(or just being really lazy).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    +1. Its about time people either farm hard or drop a ton of money for this new set instead of just getting 50mil from stash. The mythic set should be sold as a whole, so the players HAVE to spend a certain amount of plat in order for the whole set, not just what they need. Make it $100+ worth of plat for the whole set so plat whales either farm or buy it. This will generate a lot of revenue due to many people "not having time"(or just being really lazy).
    Well when you have a full time job, family, church, activities, sports.... Video games to a lot of the so-called whales truly take the last place. That is one of the reasons we like AL is we were still able to acquire the best items in the game by investing our money because time in game just isn't possible like it is for many of the student-aged players. It's not laziness just indicative of where we are in life. Should be be punished or called 'lazy'? I think not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Well when you have a full time job, family, church, activities, sports.... Video games to a lot of the so-called whales truly take the last place. That is one of the reasons we like AL is we were still able to acquire the best items in the game by investing our money because time in game just isn't possible like it is for many of the student-aged players. It's not laziness just indicative of where we are in life. Should be be punished or called 'lazy'? I think not.
    AGREED!!!!

I also hate it when we try to explain this some people accuse us of saying that some people have NO LIVES!!!!! Some of us DO have to work to be able to have a PLACE to play, a DEVICE to play on, and SERVICE to play on the device.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This doesnt mean you cant be a hardcore farmer. Many players are always busy but still find time to farm. Should they have to work their butts off while you can get your gold from stash and buy the set? I think not o.O so if its gonna be bought it should be bought with only a large sum of platinum(untradeable) and through the quest(untradeable)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

This doesnt mean you cant be a hardcore farmer. Many players are always busy but still find time to farm. Should they have to work their butts off while you can get your gold from stash and buy the set? I think not o.O so if its gonna be bought it should be bought with only a large sum of platinum(untradeable) and through the quest(untradeable)
    So because I am not able to be a 'hard core' player I should have sub par gear? This isn't and has never been that kind of video game. Samhayne himself said you can earn exclusive items by time or money spent in the game. If this game goes in the direction that the top items will only be given to the players with more time than me then I sadly will lose interest.

I would never say the people who invest time in the game should have lesser gear than me. There just needs to be equal opportunity to accommodate different types of players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

My friend, I think you are missing the point. Nobody is saying that there shouldn't be items that are farmable. The point is that some people (like me) don't have the time currently. Sometimes I just want to log in and do pvp or talk to friends. I don't want to use that time to grind Ren'gol maps. It's a game and it should be fun for everyone. This makes it not fun for me.

If they make the items tradeable, then the people who are true farmers (and find this fun), then they will be rewarded because people like me or Candylicks will buy these items from them. This is how an economy should work. If it's not tradeable, then how are those people going to make money? They will spend all of their existing gold for potions and ankh and make a mythic set with no way to make gold.

I have a feeling that some people feel resentment towards those who are able to buy these items. I want to make a statement that those people who have gold have already either done their share of farming or they have converted platinum to gold (which is how this game is free for others).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

So because I am not able to be a 'hard core' player I should have sub par gear? This isn't and has never been that kind of video game. Samhayne himself said you can earn exclusive items by time or money spent in the game. If this game goes in the direction that the top items will only be given to the players with more time than me then I sadly will lose interest.

I would never say the people who invest time in the game should have lesser gear than me. There just needs to be equal opportunity to accommodate different types of players.
    Well i mean those spending large sums of money in the game had the top gear for like what, 2-3 seasons? Where was the opportunity then? No amount of time could get a farmer those gears. And then you were complaining about how arcane pices dropped low. But you didnt see that 95% of the population in this game can actually enjoy the game instead of it being a chore. And the opportunity would be there for those with little time. Just spend a lot of money(irl) for the WHOLE UNTRADEABLE set. This gets you the set and generates income for sts. Nothing wrong with that correct?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I dunno till now Ive gotten the impression that you are able to read so i wonder why you keep complaining that you dont have time when it has very clearly been proposed by oursizes and me that sts should give plat whales the opportunity to buy it but not allow for it to be tradable. Thus you could still have the best item in the game without having lost a ton of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    I dunno till now Ive gotten the impression that you are able to read so i wonder why you keep complaining that you dont have time when it has very clearly been proposed by oursizes and me that sts should give plat whales the opportunity to buy it but not allow for it to be tradable. Thus you could still have the best item in the game without having lost a ton of time.
    Man you and Oursizes must be sharp. If we can buy the sets outright with plat it 100% defeats the point of farming. I won't need to buy a single thing off a farmer and the middle man is gone! I can log in, get my set, and you can have fun farming yours for the next 8 months. Please continue on this idea, I support it 100%.

StS please put the new mythics in the Plat Store. All credit to Oursizes and Oezheasate for this brilliant idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

And adding in that I don't like having these forum spats at all. I am 100% for farmers having awesome gear and awesome stuff to sell!!!! I love and respect the people who have the time to grind hard. What I am curious and would support is the mythic sets after crafting indeed be trade able. That way yes we can buy them off people if we don't have the time or desire to craft them ourselves. Not to mention completing the zzzz orc slayer quest on multiple toons? :/

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

And adding in that I don't like having these forum spats at all. I am 100% for farmers having awesome gear and awesome stuff to sell!!!! I love and respect the people who have the time to grind hard. What I am curious and would support is the mythic sets after crafting indeed be trade able. That way yes we can buy them off people if we don't have the time or desire to craft them ourselves. Not to mention completing the zzzz orc slayer quest on multiple toons? :/
    But then i dont see how sts generates revenue for this. My post was made on the assumption that there will be new items with the new elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Man you and Oursizes must be sharp. If we can buy the sets outright with plat it 100% defeats the point of farming. I won't need to buy a single thing off a farmer and the middle man is gone! I can log in, get my set, and you can have fun farming yours for the next 8 months. Please continue on this idea, I support it 100%.

StS please put the new mythics in the Plat Store. All credit to Oursizes and Oezheasate for this brilliant idea.
    I'm in favor of plat speeding up the process, not eliminating it all together. There has been a lot of complaining about inexperienced players owning arcane pets. What do you think will happen if the best gear is made directly purchaseable with plat? You can't have it both ways.

Not trying to dig at you. I'm just presenting a problem with the idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

It's absurd having to complete the Orclsaying quest on multiple toons. I couldn't agree more.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post: