Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garetta Dailies - Nomerite Quests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    But then i dont see how sts generates revenue for this. My post was made on the assumption that there will be new items with the new elites.
    Yeah I am curious to see what the elites will bring! What do you think will drop in the 3 maps aside from the mythic materials? Think we will see another set of legendary gear + weapons? Or one class weapon per zone in addition to the mythic ingredient? I would rather see many items in the game with different/better stats so we can really customize our toons as opposed to a plethora of items with stats less than before.

BTW I am seriously thinking of going for a more crit build than damage with jewels and possibly gear if we have any say in this. I got my hands on a borrowed tactics imbued suit and it blew my mind that I never tried this before and always thought dmg gear was superior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I'm in favor of plat speeding up the process, not eliminating it all together. There has been a lot of complaining about inexperienced players owning arcane pets. What do you think will happen if the best gear is made directly purchaseable with plat? You can't have it both ways.

Not trying to dig at you. I'm just presenting a problem with the idea.
    It was a joke, ofc I don't expect the sets to be purchased for plat. Come on, that's ludicrous. However, I WOULD be in favor of the crafted sets being tradeable after completion not being account bound. I really will want to gear up my mage and rogue but don't want to do the quest chain 2x.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    It was a joke, ofc I don't expect the sets to be purchased for plat. Come on, that's ludicrous. However, I WOULD be in favor of the crafted sets being tradeable after completion not being account bound. I really will want to gear up my mage and rogue but don't want to do the quest chain 2x.
    I think the reason STG is keeping it untradeable is to keep paras out of the set. I really think they should re-think the Orcslaying quest requirement, though. Or make it so you only have to complete it on one toon somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think the reason STG is keeping it untradeable is to keep paras out of the set. I really think they should re-think the Orcslaying quest requirement, though. Or make it so you only have to complete it on one toon somehow.
    Paras are not tradable. If they wanted to keep Paras out, they would have simply made the Noble Chaos Jewels have better stats than the OLDER para gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pompous View Post
    Paras are not tradable. If they wanted to keep Paras out, they would have simply made the Noble Chaos Jewels have better stats than the OLDER para gems.
    Which means you can't put the paras in the gear unless you already have them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I like this idea alot - maybe get a title - OrcSlayer or whatever they come up with as well, and then any of your toons on the same account can go forward with the mythic questline.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

100 legionnaire insignias are definitely too much for a casual player to farm, meaning he will have to buy them if he wants mythic set. I say let the quest remain as it is, but if people are willing to spend real money, they deserve a shortcut. The daily is really not that hard to do, so allowing people to buy UNTRADABLE legionnaire insignias for 10-25 plat a piece (like essences) seems like a reasonable solution to me. F2P players, like myself, can get it gradually without spending a dime, and plat users can quicken the process and get it immediately, which is what plat is for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Again, you can easily do these quests in an hour a day(maximum). You should try farming a little with friends who stop between runs and talk. That makes farming fun, especially for people who login for the social aspect of the game. These quests are like the planar pendant quest, easy and a must.

The thing abot keeping mythic set untradeable is it keeps insignia farming a decent pocket money for all those rag tag geared people at endgame. They can do the dailies have a chance at an insignia and not too shabby a gear plus a guaranteed orc chest every other day. This keeps people working and busybwho have nothing to do and complain about running the same maps again and again. Other options for them farmers are km3 and arena(to name a few).

Farmers wanted options, they got them. The farming community is expanding by a lot! Everyone has decent gear and those who don't are working on it. People are running maps for jewels and insignias. The birds are chirping in ydra forest.

Mythic glinstone items will probably be tradeable, so all you as a non-farmer have to do is farm a month of glinstone caverns. That's half the time it takes to farm the essences(which aren't tradeable) for a planar pendant.

I have a feeling people who think we are resenting them are passing undue judgement on us, the game has taken a turning for the better. Most of us just want to see it going in a direction that will have more people logging in and playing instead of more people deciding to spend money on it.(Your platinum bought gold isn't the only thing keeping this game free for others)
    I don't think you guys understand. I cannot easily do these quests on 1 hours. I leave my house at 7:30 in the morning and I get home at 9pm. I eat dinner then I have a little bit of time to play. I don't want to spend that time grinding the same quest repeatedly so that I can have good gear. I think what candylicks already said is true for me too. Some of us don't have the free time but that shouldn't keep us from having the best gear or being able to enjoy the game.

Nobody is passing undue judgement on you as you said. I don't even know you and I don't think you know me either, so why would I pass judgment? I value everyone's enjoyment of this game so what is your exact concern if the mythics are tradeable? How do you think that will make a negative experience for you? I already said why making them not tradable will ruin my experience and I hope people take that into consideration. I'm not the only one who works many hours to support a family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Orc tags are ridiculously easy to get. Just do dailies and be patient. As far as insignias go, you can just buy them of to hard to farm. Farm something else, than use that gold to buy them.. I love this concept. Gives us something to do. I think the biggest complaint for ppl is the have to wait. You have to do the dailies and that takes time. Is what it is.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Main Disarrayxx , mage-xxdisarrayxx, war-xdisarrayx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The problem with making these sets tradeable would mean, less insignias needed for orc dailies. Since everyone would just skip the step of crafting orc slaying set? I hope you see the dilemma here, this would mean a big chunk of pvers without any year have to then go back to wilds and km3. Which IMO has been run enough times in the past.
    That's a good thing for the farmers. The people who have finished the orc quest would be able to craft and sell the tradable mythic items. Maybe less insignias will be needed but look at how much they will make from crafting and selling mythic sets.

Either way, insignias can be purchased. It's the orc tags that are a real chore to get. Some people play 3 different characters. Again, some of us do not have the time for this. This is a game, not a way of life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes but I think insignia market is almost done anyways once people have their orc slayer. Farming the mythic ingredients and elite loots will replace the insignia farming. By making the sets trade able I would be able to complete this quest chain once and craft my mythic for rogue then buy the mage set off someone else without having to start from orc slayer once again.

I don't know why anyone would want to do orc slayer quest 2 or 3 times? Once is enough.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

To add to this it would be another way for free players to make money. As Candy has stated she would happily pay a farmer for the mage gear. Which farmer doesn't want another source of revenue? Also those that don't want to farm should be able to pay for their gear. Similar to how nekro can be bought in full form the new mythic gear should be tradeable. Not all of the ingredients need to be tradeable but it would be nice to be able to sell/buy the finished product.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Did they even say yes or no if the completed sets are tradable? I can't fathom that they would do that and force people to complete orc slayer multiple times. Not to mention how much we all hated the old mythic being account bound once upgraded.

Was really nice for the Imbued sets to be tradable once crafted up! Hope this will be the same, some feedback from sts would be great so we can stop guessing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If only a few select people were crafting and selling this "tradeable " set this would mean noone would be doing the Orc slaying set quest which would mean cheaper insignias.

I hope I made myself clearer this time.

So purchase those insignias and finish running those garetta dailies, a quest is meant to be a chore, it's not a barbeque.
    This is a game, not a way of life. You can look at this two ways. If its not a way of life not being able to get the glinstone set should not be a huge problem. After the developers stated that a farmable mythic set will be available if they change it to a tradeable set this would mean:

1. Insignia dilemena like i explained above.

2. Cashing in on this by a few select farmers who login first and have the gear first. This would cut back the prices of this set again, and people who are rich(like you and Zeus) will just buy this set and then we the farmers will be complaining about nothing to do and noone to help, again.

Point one, IMO is the most important reason, things are fine as they are meant to be.
    I'm done talking to you. You are always very rude. You are rude here and you have been rude in almost all of your posts in other threads. You don't have to constantly quote people and make arguments. You can make your recommendation without having to show why someone else is wrong. Just food for thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Did they even say yes or no if the completed sets are tradable? I can't fathom that they would do that and force people to complete orc slayer multiple times. Not to mention how much we all hated the old mythic being account bound once upgraded.

Was really nice for the Imbued sets to be tradable once crafted up! Hope this will be the same, some feedback from sts would be great so we can stop guessing.
    That would be really nice! I can put forth the effort to do this on my rogue. But to do this on my mage and then my warrior is just too much. I don't have the time. This would mean that my warrior would go extinct because he would be under geared as a result of this quest. Hopefully we can just do it once and we receive a recipe to craft it for all of our toons.

Insignias should not be a reason for people to lose interest or not be able to obtain good gear for their toons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah I'm also not a fan of the quest chain either. It feels like busy work with a terrible reward at the end. Running a single map over and over and over again isn't anyone's ideas of fun, pve or pvp.
    Pocket legends ichor quest redux? Those account-bound L71 "elite" weaps... lol.

But the black drag armor ended up being worth something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The Orcslaying set is untradeable, so I would assume the myth set will be the same way.

Also, they said the ingredients are tradeable and implied that the set wouldn't be. I'll have to look for the quote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

The Orcslaying set is untradeable, so I would assume the myth set will be the same way.

Also, they said the ingredients are tradeable and implied that the set wouldn't be. I'll have to look for the quote.
    Ya I'm sure you are right. Just you know, wish you weren't. Lol. Guess I gotta get my Mage up to speed on orc slayer.

Robhawk

...And for a set that is less than crate gear?
    That is the real problem! Stats should be buffed and something like a set bonus added. Then it makes sense and the ppl will happily farm it!

My idea for the set bonus would be:

1st stage: armor + helmet adds xxx
    2nd stage: 1st + ring or amulet adds another bonus xxx.
    3stage: 1st + 2nd with the missing ring/amulet + xxx = complete set.

With this you keep the value of arcane ring and myth pendant because you get bonus for stage 1 instead of nothing just because you dont equip all 4 items.

This also matters for upcoming myth set, imho !
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-21-2015 at 04:22 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post: