Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Here is my idea.

Why should we stick to just arlor. There should be new region and every region should have a story/quest line which connects them to other regions.

If sts starts creating a new region now it will probably take them around 6 months and ofcourse future quest shouldnt be like the orcslaying quest

I agree with candy's idea about scaling the old elites with the new cap and loot table should be refreshed

Sent from my LG-F200S using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I love the old seasons vanity like the green arlor and red arlor and the looks of old armors aswell sts please bring back delphina and the rest of the old programmers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    I love the old seasons vanity like the green arlor and red arlor and the looks of old armors aswell sts please bring back delphina and the rest of the old programmers

Delphina wasn't a developer, she was a moderator on the forums, meaning she monitored the community and kept STS informed on what the players were doing, what they wanted and that kinda thing. Also, I'm pretty sure she won't be back.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I'd love to use Abyssal of Warfare on my lvl 46 *-*

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrisber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't understand the devs' reluctance to implement this. We don't need "new" content, we just want to use all the content already in the game. Scaling up the old elites would be far far less work than making new maps and (buggy) events, and it would increase player interest exponentially.

The more interested we are, the more we will log in, and the more maps we will run. The more elites we can run, the more elixirs and ankhs we will use. This translates to a direct source of revenue. We are not asking for things to be made easy (the opposite in fact), we're not asking the devs to do a pile of extra work, nor are we asking for new content.

It's not about scaling up old weapons and armour. It's about giving us options on where we farm the new items that require countless runs to obtain.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

make a hardcore mod of all maps......................normal--->elite--->hardcore

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Avshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I don't understand the devs' reluctance to implement this. We don't need "new" content, we just want to use all the content already in the game. Scaling up the old elites would be far far less work than making new maps and (buggy) events, and it would increase player interest exponentially.

The more interested we are, the more we will log in, and the more maps we will run. The more elites we can run, the more elixirs and ankhs we will use. This translates to a direct source of revenue. We are not asking for things to be made easy (the opposite in fact), we're not asking the devs to do a pile of extra work, nor are we asking for new content.

It's not about scaling up old weapons and armour. It's about giving us options on where we farm the new items that require countless runs to obtain.
    I don't understand it either!!! What is the point of making this wonderful game and then having the most of it go to graveyard? Especially because the expansion is THREE maps, we really need something more. I don't even know if I have it in me to just run 3 maps anymore. Then you finally make your mythics and then what? Back to the same thing... if they kept the whole elite realm fresh with loot and difficulty then there is more depth to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

If it goes off past elite stages we can still get 45 gear from shuyal or tindrin. Nordr and earlier won't go higher tho if it was like every other season. Kraken scaled to 35 and Nordr to 41.

After reading the other topic sedancha posted they said they would pass the idea along. It still may get implemented in the future.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

To shed some light on the reasoning behind 3 maps this expansion... Many of you remember that there was quite a long time between the Tindirin expansion and the Ren'gol expansion. Nearly a year! Of course there were many new things in between, like Planar Tombs/Arena, the addition of the event system and 4 exciting world events. The trend here being: We want to get you guys smaller bites of content, with LESS time in between.

As the dedicated players you are, you consume content EXTREMELY quickly. Ren'gol was created over 6 months of hard work and post-release most people reached cap in.... 6 days (or less!). And we all remember the mind-blowing 48 hour turn around for the Rebuilding Garetta event. We love that players are so excited and dedicated to the game that they get through the content so quickly, but we want to make sure that we can keep up with the demand.

Thus, we moved from the traditional formula of a larger 5 map expansion to a smaller 3 map expansion, with the idea that it would be quickly followed by new content (Ursoth's, elites, etc.) and the train would keep rolling from there, preventing that lull that we saw after Tindirin where we were working but there was a lag between when we you finished one piece of content and we finished creating the next.

Candy, I love that you brought this up and the suggestion (as most people have agreed) is a good one--to revive old content. But the thing is, we're working on NEW content! Much of it is to be announced, but we've got new stuff in the works all the way through the end of the year--and beyond. The only thing to keep in mind is that while anything can seem simple, it's a process. Art, design, balancing, testing and more testing all take time. Trust us, we're as excited to get our new stuff out as you are to try it out, but we've got to take the time to make it great before we put it in the hands of the players.

Stay tuned! Lots of exciting stuff is on the way.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    To shed some light on the reasoning behind 3 maps this expansion... Many of you remember that there was quite a long time between the Tindirin expansion and the Ren'gol expansion. Nearly a year! Of course there were many new things in between, like Planar Tombs/Arena, the addition of the event system and 4 exciting world events. The trend here being: We want to get you guys smaller bites of content, with LESS time in between.

As the dedicated players you are, you consume content EXTREMELY quickly. Ren'gol was created over 6 months of hard work and post-release most people reached cap in.... 6 days (or less!). And we all remember the mind-blowing 48 hour turn around for the Rebuilding Garetta event. We love that players are so excited and dedicated to the game that they get through the content so quickly, but we want to make sure that we can keep up with the demand.

Thus, we moved from the traditional formula of a larger 5 map expansion to a smaller 3 map expansion, with the idea that it would be quickly followed by new content (Ursoth's, elites, etc.) and the train would keep rolling from there, preventing that lull that we saw after Tindirin where we were working but there was a lag between when we you finished one piece of content and we finished creating the next.

Candy, I love that you brought this up and the suggestion (as most people have agreed) is a good one--to revive old content. But the thing is, we're working on NEW content! Much of it is to be announced, but we've got new stuff in the works all the way through the end of the year--and beyond. The only thing to keep in mind is that while anything can seem simple, it's a process. Art, design, balancing, testing and more testing all take time. Trust us, we're as excited to get our new stuff out as you are to try it out, but we've got to take the time to make it great before we put it in the hands of the players.

I think implementing a new more attractive loot table for the old elite maps would still be a very positive development for the player base, players won't be forced anymore to farm the same map over and over. Of course you would need to scale the difficulty but even though this would be hard work for you guys you would profit more from it then from example the effort you have put into the ursoth event as it will keep the player base happy and playing for a longer period of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

We started playing the game this year, and spent a lot of time and plat, and had a blast for about 6 months. But all of the excitement wore out real quick.
    The only thing that keeps us logging on right now are the events, and trying to get a Nekro (now that we can survive the tougher areas). Even then, our hours spent playing the game have dropped dramatically.

We were REALLY hoping for more with the new expansion, but even with the great graphics, it got old fairly quickly.

So please, make sure you guys stick to your word with "Lots of exciting stuff" being on the way. Keep us logging on and spending money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

As you said we burn through the new content faster than you can keep up. By scaling elites and refreshing loot gives sts more wiggle room between the new.

Thanks for the reply remi, it's appreciated.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I agree remi, if you can scale the elites up to end game and re do some of the loot scales in the. it would give you all more time to work on the new content without having to hear all of us complain about lack of content, while giving us all reason to run all the maps again, we are all funneled to the same three maps and nobody runs the rest give us a reason to run all of arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Remiem how long can it take to refresh just a loot table maybe you can work on it after halloween. It might take around 2 months (assuming every map is being scalled) and please please please dont let us down on the halloween event. You lost some players already cuz of the current event

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Check thread of G-M..
    of Last friday..
    He said that a ork warrior king is rising again...
    Means ther is a new boss..
    Still they not reveal in normal maps...
    So may be new map will come with him ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Remi, I feel there has been WAY too much hype. STS has been over promising/promoting and under delivering.

Maybe under delivering isn't exactly correct. New content and events are regularly released with entirely too many bugs, and have an incomplete feel to them. Nerfing and buffing are common place. This is really bad for the community.

Scaling the existing content should be considerably easier than creating new. This would also give STS time to work out the bugs and deliver more quality content, instead of rushing it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticRob For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

thx for the response...but, this answer is pain....let's see the fact as following
    Name:  QQ??20150822095812.png
Views: 161
Size:  187.2 KB

the game start at 10/xx/2012, then season 1 end on 1/02/2013, 2+months we got Deadcity 5 maps with elite
    season 2, from 1/02/2013 to 3/10/2013, 2+ months we got Kraken Isles 5 maps with elite
    season 3, from 3/10/2013 to 6/03/2013, 3- months we got Nordr 5 maps with elite and arena
    season 4, from 6/03/2013 to 10/04/2013, 4 months we got Shuyal 5 maps with elite
    season 5, from 10/04/2013 to 8/20/2015 10+ months we got Tindirin 5 maps with elite
    season 6, from 8/20/2014 to 9/15/2015 1- months we got Planar Tomb 3 maps no elite
    season 7, from 9/15/2014 to 7/01/2015 9+ months we got only 3 Clinstone Caverns map WITHOUT elite

the above times already shows the fact that: the dev speed has become EXTREMELY LOW after season 4 !!! I know stg has lots new games to develop , I know stg also need to modify the chinese version of AL, but please do not fool the players. The efficiency of the developing new maps on AL are becoming lower and lower. PLAYERS ARE LOSING!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Thank you for the reply remi im looking forword to the new content having said that perhaps you should cunsider candy's proposal of scaling old elites it seems like a win win. Im sure it may take time to do but uk the comunity would wait for it seeing as this has been something people have wanted for so long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

That is the whole problem - we want to play the content we have while we wait for the "little bites" to come out.

I can't comprehend why this is hard to understand. Do the new devs not want us playing stuff the earlier devs made? Because that is the ONLY reason I can see to not make the old maps playable.

You keep telling us you're working on new content, but we play faster than you can make it. So what's the problem with letting us play the content that is already here? We still haven't had an explanation for this. Telling us you're making new stuff is not a response. We would rather wait a month or two for the next "little bite" if it means we get to play all the maps to farm for our jewels and insignias in the meantime.

You gave us the same response 2 months ago when this request was first presented. It should tell you something that it's still being requested now.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-21-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

I also call not true that we get three maps so we get more content sooner. Ursoth? Old content mostly. Elites? Yep also old content more difficulty. It's been what two months since we unkocked Garetta and no elites.

Tbh the only thing keeping me here is my guild.

Onc2 starts in September and I will post my goodbyes then is my guess.

Even the mythics are eh. What am I going to run 3 maps for something I don't even plan to use?

It was a good ride here for a very long time. Truly it was.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: