Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Exclamation We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Arlor is a splendid world in which we learned to fine tune our class, meet new friends, and share plenty of exciting PvE adventures. After we finally grew weary of the loot and runs of elite Tind, StS gave us the planar tombs but smartly kept us running elite tind/shuyal AND arena to gather up materials for our planar amulet and nekro crafting. It truly kept the game pumping and we were reinvigorated by completing these tasks. They did a wonderful job tying in all of these areas with the parchment quest line and the amulet, and it's a true honor to be one of the people who can craft a nekro. These players have worked hard to obtain that recipe.

However, there are many parts in our world that simply have become dormant. With the power leveling to 41, the loot that has never been refreshed, and the fact that old elites are not scaled to 46 we simply never use 95% of the game anymore. Now we either farm for vials, there are a few dedicated teeth farmers, or we run just map 2 in Garetta. From what I can tell the elite campaign of Garetta will keep us just running three maps over and over and over again. Can you imagine if you downloaded a new game from the app store and it only had THREE maps? That is pretty much the same thing as what we have going on here.

Let's back up to those of us who played during the 'Tour of Arlor' contest that was a player-sponsored event in which we were required to run every single elite map. It was one of the highlights of my entire year here in Arlor. We had a blast running the old maps together and showing them to new players who simply never completed them before, I mean unless you are doing the AP why would you? It is clear that given a good reason that the community still has interest in these maps and it breaks up the monotony of being limited to three playable areas.

I would love to see incentive to open the game back up again, but not because the players have to create the need. StS would do the community a solid to take time and give us incentive running the old elite areas again. There are many ideas peppered inside of the forums of HOW to do this. Some of my favorite ideas have been refreshing the loot table. How about adding retired eggs, even some of the red ones, in the old maps? What about ankh or vanity? Heck even some of the new materials for gear would get us in there. Also, the maps truly do need to raise up in difficulty to l46 so the maps are challenging and fun, and the loot is earned.

I just can't see myself grinding three maps for long. I have already lost interest with the orc slayer quest, and how we were pigeon holed into a single map for so much time.

Please consider this. Community if you have any ideas as to what you would like to farm in old elites please comment as well. I am just scratching the surface on something that I feel passionately about. Arlor is wonderful, ALL of it. Thank you for reading and considering.

<3

Candy

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: