Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Exclamation We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Arlor is a splendid world in which we learned to fine tune our class, meet new friends, and share plenty of exciting PvE adventures. After we finally grew weary of the loot and runs of elite Tind, StS gave us the planar tombs but smartly kept us running elite tind/shuyal AND arena to gather up materials for our planar amulet and nekro crafting. It truly kept the game pumping and we were reinvigorated by completing these tasks. They did a wonderful job tying in all of these areas with the parchment quest line and the amulet, and it's a true honor to be one of the people who can craft a nekro. These players have worked hard to obtain that recipe.

However, there are many parts in our world that simply have become dormant. With the power leveling to 41, the loot that has never been refreshed, and the fact that old elites are not scaled to 46 we simply never use 95% of the game anymore. Now we either farm for vials, there are a few dedicated teeth farmers, or we run just map 2 in Garetta. From what I can tell the elite campaign of Garetta will keep us just running three maps over and over and over again. Can you imagine if you downloaded a new game from the app store and it only had THREE maps? That is pretty much the same thing as what we have going on here.

Let's back up to those of us who played during the 'Tour of Arlor' contest that was a player-sponsored event in which we were required to run every single elite map. It was one of the highlights of my entire year here in Arlor. We had a blast running the old maps together and showing them to new players who simply never completed them before, I mean unless you are doing the AP why would you? It is clear that given a good reason that the community still has interest in these maps and it breaks up the monotony of being limited to three playable areas.

I would love to see incentive to open the game back up again, but not because the players have to create the need. StS would do the community a solid to take time and give us incentive running the old elite areas again. There are many ideas peppered inside of the forums of HOW to do this. Some of my favorite ideas have been refreshing the loot table. How about adding retired eggs, even some of the red ones, in the old maps? What about ankh or vanity? Heck even some of the new materials for gear would get us in there. Also, the maps truly do need to raise up in difficulty to l46 so the maps are challenging and fun, and the loot is earned.

I just can't see myself grinding three maps for long. I have already lost interest with the orc slayer quest, and how we were pigeon holed into a single map for so much time.

Please consider this. Community if you have any ideas as to what you would like to farm in old elites please comment as well. I am just scratching the surface on something that I feel passionately about. Arlor is wonderful, ALL of it. Thank you for reading and considering.

<3

Candy

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I concur. I never understood why it's hard to make maps... Only thing I can think is the way they are built? If it was me I'd invest in making tools that make it easy for map building and laying out easily... So easy that it doesn't take a programmer to do

Then the hardest part would be storyline and making new sprites...
    Last edited by notfaded1; 08-21-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

agreed.....was expecting at least 5 maps this expansion. just shorten the current maps and make more new maps!
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

It would be great if all old elite gear was scaled to 45/46. Id love to have a 46 nordr jewel, archi pylon or firesquid rod to use in current maps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    It would be great if all old elite gear was scaled to 45/46. Id love to have a 46 nordr jewel, archi pylon or firesquid rod to use in current maps.
    Yes!!! I still have my firesquid. That was hands down my favorite Mage staff. This is a nice idea Wutz as well. Then the regular maps can continue to drop the level appropriate ones for people who play the game from 1-46 the old school way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Also I sure hope we are going to have elites and arcane crafted Daggs sooner than later. I'm hoping the shards flooding market wasn't just so everyone had an arcane ring.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

mesalin

Agree to it
    I love the idea about old weps increase to lvl 45/46
    Yeah elites also ... Who still run brack elite? I guess only new players for APS

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Maybe sts made only 3 maps to prepare a surprise for us...
    Either this or they were too busy with Call of Champions.

Back to the topic,i like wutz's idea of scaling the elites.Nordr jewel FTW.
    My idea is to introduce the concept of RAIDS (but not calling them raids,maybe "battles" or "plunders"??).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

This needs to be done. There is no reason to have maps not scaled to 46 when they are elite. I joined just before the tindrin expansion. I ran every map below tindrin one time for the AP. Literally 1 time each map. This makes absolutely no sense. Why even have an elite zone for the maps? It would be great if the ingredients for the new mythics dropped all over arlor. Give us a reason to fight Frostr or Rutger. These maps are very well put together and it is a shame that there is no point to running them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yes!!! I still have my firesquid. That was hands down my favorite Mage staff. This is a nice idea Wutz as well. Then the regular maps can continue to drop the level appropriate ones for people who play the game from 1-46 the old school way.
    At the 41 cap I still used a level 40 nordr jewel but firesquid capped at 35. Those old weapons had great procs that I would still find useful. Like never running out of mana with the archi pylon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I agree, there needs to be more elite maps to run. That fact that the only place to farm jewels is Garetta is crazy.

If all elite maps had the same or similar jewel drops as the Garetta maps that would be a big step to help. Not a fix, just a step in the right direction.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MysticRob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

All those ideas would be fantastic, to have the maps scaled to 46 with a reason to run them, candy is absolutely correct nobody runs any of the maps that are in the game, when you hit end game. It's basically like a funnel the higher you get in the game the less there is to do. Sts open the maps give us inventive to run them again to revitalize the dying game...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggdugg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I'm here to say that i agree with Candy's post. More people are coming online when is actually something to do in game. Ursoth was a very disappointing event (from my side ). I hope you guys did better than me !

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Arlor is a splendid world in which we learned to fine tune our class, meet new friends, and share plenty of exciting PvE adventures.
    (Off-topic)
    From my PvP experience i can say: I met wonderful people in PvP. Some of them are so kind and they want to present me to their friends " jjjjjjoiiiin fast titanium is here ". Awesome adventures in my spawn.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think to many good developer/programmer left stg and that's why last expansion had only 3 maps besides all the usual recycled garbage. Maybe we should look for some brilliant developer/programmer for stg. Someone whos life is dedicated to mmorpgs

mesalin

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwmsix View Post
    I think to many good developer/programmer left stg and that's why last expansion had only 3 maps besides all the usual recycled garbage. Maybe we should look for some brilliant developer/programmer for stg. Someone whos life is dedicated to mmorpgs
    Nice idea Lol or just we on forum can Create new maps i see everybody here have awesome ideas

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

+1000 000 to this. 3 maps is certainly not enough to keep most people's attention. As of now we practically have 3 as well: elite wilds, arena and cryo mines. The result is a staggeringly low guild activity even during the event. The whole idea to extend the play-ability of the game by setting different bottlenecks, such as the current need to farm 100 insignias per character, which will take 80-120 hours of gameplay depending on the pts u get in, is not certainly not the best. If the new mythic quest is set up the same way the decline in interest is gonna be fast and steep.

Thanks Candy fr addressing this issue and I am sure on this most players share your views!
    Thanks u sts in advance for reading and taking necessary actions.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Didn't anyone notice my idea of raids :c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    This would also cause a huge diversity in the gear end-game players use, especially if mythic weapons are only 10 damage and like 50-100 health higher than the legendary weapons!!

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...old-elite-maps The discussion has been had, and the devs said no.

I strongly agree that this decision needs to be rethunk by STS, for exactly the reasons originally stated. I can't even bring myself to log in these days. The idea of being limited to 3 maps for the month+ orcslayer quest followed by what will likely be a 2 month mythic quest, and then 36 years of farming those same 3 maps 3 hours a day to acquire and craft the noble jewels needed to perfect the set.... there is nothing fun about repetition ad nauseam, and we are already past that point.

By scaling up all elite maps to 46 and allowing us to farm the primary stat jewels (and gear quest items like insignias) from those elite maps, STS would be allowing players to choose how they wanted to play the game. They would allow players to choose what content they wanted to play on any given day.

The maps are there - get out of the headspace where players MUST use the newest maps exclusively. It is going to kill the game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

This seriously needs to be considered and I wish I participated in the tour of Arlor instead of twinking