Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We NEED more than THREE maps to revitalize the PVE Experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally agree with Candy. At the moment there is really nothing to farm and really no challenge in elite bracken, ydra, dead city, kraken nordr and shuyal (that is in total about 30 maps!).
    The problem I see with the little "bites" u mentioned Remi is that they always become the by far most profitable place in the game. So as we all like to make gold the whole community focuses on that small piece of content. In my opinion this creates two major problems: The 1st one is, as u said Remi, new content is consumed really fast. The 2nd issue is that it is borring to run the same few maps all the time.
    This said revitalising the old maps should be something to work on all the time. But sadly at the moment they aren't even scaled! I don't know how much work this is but please, take the effort! If these maps are scaled small stuff can be added from time to time. For examle having a rare vanity drop or a new pet drop (personally I would love to see a Kelvin with improved stats:3) in one of these regions would already be enough to give us a reason to farm there. I am sure there are many possibilities. The next step then could be to link new content/quests to old elite maps (like it has been done geniously with the planar pendant).
    So again: Please. Please. Please scale the old elite maps.

regards
    fatalla

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    To shed some light on the reasoning behind 3 maps this expansion... Many of you remember that there was quite a long time between the Tindirin expansion and the Ren'gol expansion. Nearly a year! Of course there were many new things in between, like Planar Tombs/Arena, the addition of the event system and 4 exciting world events. The trend here being: We want to get you guys smaller bites of content, with LESS time in between.

As the dedicated players you are, you consume content EXTREMELY quickly. Ren'gol was created over 6 months of hard work and post-release most people reached cap in.... 6 days (or less!). And we all remember the mind-blowing 48 hour turn around for the Rebuilding Garetta event. We love that players are so excited and dedicated to the game that they get through the content so quickly, but we want to make sure that we can keep up with the demand.

Thus, we moved from the traditional formula of a larger 5 map expansion to a smaller 3 map expansion, with the idea that it would be quickly followed by new content (Ursoth's, elites, etc.) and the train would keep rolling from there, preventing that lull that we saw after Tindirin where we were working but there was a lag between when we you finished one piece of content and we finished creating the next.

Candy, I love that you brought this up and the suggestion (as most people have agreed) is a good one--to revive old content. But the thing is, we're working on NEW content! Much of it is to be announced, but we've got new stuff in the works all the way through the end of the year--and beyond. The only thing to keep in mind is that while anything can seem simple, it's a process. Art, design, balancing, testing and more testing all take time. Trust us, we're as excited to get our new stuff out as you are to try it out, but we've got to take the time to make it great before we put it in the hands of the players.

Stay tuned! Lots of exciting stuff is on the way.
    Thanks for the reply!

The way I see it, it's only beneficial to the community and devs if you were to scale the old elite maps to L46. Then, you can slow down production time for new content because we'll be more than satisfied with the existing content! Additionally it will help fill in the time between events. People have lots of fun memories of farming Jarl and Bael, Kettle, the Nordr maps for the awesome gear, and so on! Why not just scale those levels along with a modification in the drop table?

I LOVE the idea of putting old arcane eggs into older maps. Want a Hj? Farm elite kraken isles! Glacian? Nordr! Samael? Shuyal! Also ankh drops will significantly help the less equipped player base.

Which brings me to another point. The max geared players will be able to enjoy Glintstone (while it lasts) but the lower geared won't. This will help fill in that gap.

Another idea I have is, if the elite legendary gear is scaled to 46, we could have several tiers of gear. For example, the best elite gear will be the Ren'gol elite pinks. Next tier, the Tindirin ones. Then Shuyal. And so on.
    For example, Mage weapons-
    Mage: ??? > Magmatic > architect pylon > Nordr jewel >= L46 crate gear.

There is such a wealth of design in the previous maps, please don't let it go to waste!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't even care if they scale the old gear - that inevitable request probably why they are avoiding doing it. Scaling up all that old gear would be a lot more work and they keep insisting that the new content is most important.

However, it would take very little to scale the old elite maps to end game and add primary stat jewels and insignias in those loot tables. That is all they need to do to regain player interest and confidence. To allow people to farm these new low-drop-rate items where they choose.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

The way I see it, it's only beneficial to the community and devs if you were to scale the old elite maps to L46. Then, you can slow down production time for new content because we'll be more than satisfied with the existing content! Additionally it will help fill in the time between events. People have lots of fun memories of farming Jarl and Bael, Kettle, the Nordr maps for the awesome gear, and so on! Why not just scale those levels along with a modification in the drop table?

I LOVE the idea of putting old arcane eggs into older maps. Want a Hj? Farm elite kraken isles! Glacian? Nordr! Samael? Shuyal! Also ankh drops will significantly help the less equipped player base.

Which brings me to another point. The max geared players will be able to enjoy Glintstone (while it lasts) but the lower geared won't. This will help fill in that gap.

Another idea I have is, if the elite legendary gear is scaled to 46, we could have several tiers of gear. For example, the best elite gear will be the Ren'gol elite pinks. Next tier, the Tindirin ones. Then Shuyal. And so on.
    For example, Mage weapons-
    Mage: ??? > Magmatic > architect pylon > Nordr jewel >= L46 crate gear.

There is such a wealth of design in the previous maps, please don't let it go to waste!
    Heck, they could make legendary,gold versions of pets like ribbit malison and others as well! This would keep the economy booming as many collectors would be buying eggs and players would be spread throughout over 30 maps instead of just 3-4. This will keep up prices everywhere else too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Heck, they could make legendary,gold versions of pets like ribbit malison and others as well! This would keep the economy booming as many collectors would be buying eggs and players would be spread throughout over 30 maps instead of just 3-4. This will keep up prices everywhere else too
    Ikr!! Thats great idea. Gold Mali, love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Release pets in these old elites that can be farmed that are comparable to how good Malison was for example back in season 5 when I started playing AL. Or buff these old pets so they become something people will want to farm for.