Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dragon Slayer question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Red Dragon Slayer question

I've only played since last Dec. 2014 and worked my way up. Got the very best crafted Savage Dragon armor for my 76 fox. Every few days or weeks, I get the 3x combo daily blessing and a couple of days ago, I played 30 or so RDS runs. Yesterday I got hooked onto a RDS game without the 3x and picked up 3 pinks. Nice! I couldn't see that anyone else got worse drops (nobody did better than me, I think). Didn't hurt anyone's chances.

Today I got no 3x combo and get booted or threatened when I try to enter RDS runs. I actually had one jerk come down from the plate and stand in front of me! What a turd-blossom!

Personally, I think it's BS. Let the better, higher level players in, restrict to 74 up, say or even 77. I don't care. THAT would make sense. Faster runs, more drops and better for anyone.

So, somebody please tell me what the idea is of not letting players in without the combo? Or am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TerryDarc View Post
    I've only played since last Dec. 2014 and worked my way up. Got the very best crafted Savage Dragon armor for my 76 fox. Every few days or weeks, I get the 3x combo daily blessing and a couple of days ago, I played 30 or so RDS runs. Yesterday I got hooked onto a RDS game without the 3x and picked up 3 pinks. Nice! I couldn't see that anyone else got worse drops (nobody did better than me, I think). Didn't hurt anyone's chances.

Today I got no 3x combo and get booted or threatened when I try to enter RDS runs. I actually had one jerk come down from the plate and stand in front of me! What a turd-blossom!

Personally, I think it's BS. Let the better, higher level players in, restrict to 74 up, say or even 77. I don't care. THAT would make sense. Faster runs, more drops and better for anyone.

So, somebody please tell me what the idea is of not letting players in without the combo? Or am I missing something?
    the ERD runs requires some things like
    1. Combo
    2. Only bird, mages and 1 bear just to tank
    3. A full set(int or dex more preferred because of more damage)
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignitedmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like I mentioned, I played yesterday without 3x and did really well. Did not die. So, the game doesn't REQUIRE combo. Only the game's host does that by kicking people who don't meet their personal standard or for whatever reason. I'm a little pissed at getting booted so I can't continue my Crystal Clear quest - I'm 208/214 now, btw. My fox tanks nicely, thank you. Way, way better than birds, IMO. They booted me before they saw me play, btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Like I mentioned, I played yesterday without 3x and did really well. Did not die. So, the game doesn't REQUIRE combo. Only the game's host does that by kicking people who don't meet their personal standard or for whatever reason. I'm a little pissed at getting booted so I can't continue my Crystal Clear quest - I'm 208/214 now, btw. My fox tanks nicely, thank you. Way, way better than birds, IMO. They booted me before they saw me play, btw.
    Having a combo makes it faster and more time-saving, that's all.
    It's not about how good of a tank you are or how lucky you are, it's about the speed of the runs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iheybeautiful For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Well yea because foxes and rhinos are really rare people think they sucks however some are good at the other hand

I prefer you to ask people if they wanna run with you in erd and you can also tell them your advantages.. probably they won't boot
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

A host can do what he wants, that's why he hosted the game, if he doesn't want someone without a combo he's allowed to kick him, just host your own game.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felicity For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    A host can do what he wants, that's why he hosted the game, if he doesn't want someone without a combo he's allowed to kick him, just host your own game.
    Wasn't a helpful answer from any side

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignitedmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

They think a fox without a thrasher is useless.

They don't usually boot a mage without a thrasher unless they are ungeared, or if they have too many mages.

So unless your a mage and you don't have a combo they are likely to boot and invite another player or wait for another one to join

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Get xyzpro to solo it for u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Because without the combo you are significantly weaker. Especially with Savage. However, full int mages and full dex birds with the best of the best gear plus a 3X Daily Blessing with chunk down the dragon much faster.

I am not saying that the person that boot you was right, but I see where they are coming from.

If they have elixirs paid with platinum, they do not want a slow-damaging fox on their team. They would rather prefer a nuke over a tank with no elixirs.

Just continue farming and do what you do. Haters gonna hate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

XD - Tell me something I don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hear what you're saying about speed.

I did not know you could buy 3x combo. Any three elixirs, you think?

When they want combo, is it more than just the daily blessing 3x? Like can I go to the store and spend (waste) plat on elixir and be let in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

THAT I would like to see! Does he do Red Dragon and Konzite solo, too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Waiting wastes time so I think that's stupid, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingshahzeb View Post
    I think it was, he just explained how it's up to the host who he wants in his/her game, was a clearer answer than yours anyway. I havr never seen someone booted because they are a fox or a rhino, its all about gear and comboes

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anahadaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah and in my 9 months of playing, hosting many games, I've booted exactly two people for gross greed who headed off in their own direction on Victory Lap.

Mostly I think people boot for a) feeling of power + b) ignorance of what will make their game better. You can put a lock on the game, invite and admit only who you want. Why more hosts don't do that is beyond me. See a)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

TerryDarc,
    First thing, stop posting multiple threads about the same event.

Secondly, this is how a Red Dragon Slayer host thinks. Anyone who's joined an RDS game is most probably farming for a starry garb,

not sure whether you have heard of it. It is extremely rare and takes multiple (100 +) runs to finally get one person in the whole party

of 5 to drop it. That could be 100 - 200 runs just for one person to get it. So you want to get a starry today and you want to complete

100 runs as soon as possible and you want the best team there is. Now lets look at you. A savage fox. That means horrible damage and

completely useless AoE. Most slayer hosts boot any class without a combo, let alone foxes. It just seems logical that he boots you.

A Slayer host thinks about how fast the runs can be done, not about whether you survive or not. Having you in his party would almost

be like being short of one player. Thats how much damage you can do as a STR Fox without an elixir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Should of got swift set and used Phoenix bow snd farmed slayer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingshahzeb View Post
    Enlighten me.

I told him why people boot him for not having a combo.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

I've never seen someone get so worked up about pve. For your own sake, avoid pvp. Your head will probably explode. Oh and a secret- don't bother trying to bring logic into a conversation about pl. especially pvp. It will go absolutely no where.