Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Elites are Live in Arcane Legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

And don't assume that STS is going to just randomly stop development for AL.. They have more invested in this game than us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Oh lordy!!

Digg, tatmān, and Coug... Get a room already xD

(Just know that's gonna get me an infraction)

Anyway, can we put all the rulers away and just get back to the basic problem about these elites?! Whether or not they are easy, hard, or somewhere 'softboiled' in the middle...the loot drops are horrid and for the first time since this season 1 player can recall there is no excitable profit to be made on the release of new elites. No heart pumping reason to log in and run in a hardcore farming party except to take a gander at inventory and realize you need 600 more tags or 350 more fangs just to complete a gear quest! Meh!

Bring back the sweet loot drops that give us all reason to celebrate happily when we see that yellow reroll message in the chat box!

Give us loot !!!!
    Last edited by leoakre; 08-30-2015 at 02:35 AM.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Oh lordy!!

Anyway, can we put all the rulers away and just get back to the basic problem about these elites?! Whether or not they are easy, hard, or somewhere 'softboiled' in the middle...the loot drops are horrid and for the first time since this season 1 player can recall there is no excitable profit to be made on the release of new elites. No heart pumping reason to log in and run in a hardcore farming party except to take a gander at inventory and realize you need 600 more tags or 350 more fangs just to complete a gear quest! Meh!

Bring back the sweet loot drops that give us all reason to celebrate happily when we see that yellow reroll message in the chat box!

Give us loot !!!!
    Its not just that Leo, Mages are now useless there too, freeze doesnt work on the crossbow mobs, not to forget fireball. Where's the skill and fun counterpart while running the elites???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

From the desk of Fibus

Like many of you, we (the AL team) feel that the class balance that currently exists in AL could be improved. In the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion, we are taking our first stab at improving PVE class balance.

For this expansion, we spent a great deal of time reassessing how we design and create content. You’ll find that the content in this expansion will present you with new challenges you haven’t seen before in AL. Our goal with these challenges is to encourage all classes to work together, using their unique abilities, to overcome these challenges. And we will continue to refine the content until it accomplishes this goal.

To go into further detail, this is how we feel each class will fit into this vision.

Rogues are the ultimate single-target damage dealers, defined by abilities such as Aimed Shot and Shadow Piercer. They are at their best when they need to take down a specific mob as quickly as possible. Their other abilities support this role by either inhibiting the enemy so the Rogue can do her job better, or allowing the Rogue to stay alive to do her job longer. The rogue has never really had an issue finding a place in solo or group AL content, but that doesn’t mean that we aren’t considering them with designing expansion content. Let’s say there is a mob that buffs his damage and defense increasingly over time. The longer you leave him alive, the tougher he gets. You’ll want to take him out first, and quickly, so he doesn’t have time to gain all those buffs. The Rogue is the perfect class to do that.

Next, we have the Sorcerer, who is the master of area effect damage. No other class can deal as much damage to multiple mobs in a short period of time as the Sorcerer. Every one of the Sorcerer’s offensive abilities has an area-effect component either in its base, or is added as part of an upgrade. Sorcerer’s also have extremely powerful utility abilities. The crowd control power of Time Stop and Gale Force should never be overlooked. How does this play into the content in the expansion? Well, let’s say your group is about to encounter a large group of mobs. None of the mobs are really represent such a threat individually that one of them really needs to die before the others. They are just a really mean and nasty group that need to go down before the rest of your group gets eaten alive. In comes the Sorcerer. He can place down a Time Stop on the group, Curse the quickest attacking mob which is, hopefully, attacking the warrior, then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes.

Last, but not least, are Warriors. We feel that the role of a Warrior should be similar to that of a tank archetype players of MMORPGs are familiar with. He is responsible for grabbing the attention of the mobs and taking the damage for his team, allowing his groupmates to stay alive and do their roles. He can do this by corralling mobs using taunts and debuffing the mobs, while also doing some damage himself. This is enforced with abilities such as Horn of Renew, Juggernaut, and the multiple upgrades on his abilities which grant a taunt effect. Much of the content in the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion will support this design philosophy. You may see mobs with heavy-hitting abilities such that you’ll want the warrior to not only absorb damage, but also wrangle specific mobs allowing party members to successfully fulfill their roles. You may also see mobs using abilities where it will beneficial, perhaps even necessarily, to move the mobs out of, which is most easily accomplished with a Warrior taunting the mobs.
    Well, seems this will never happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Oh lordy!!

Give us loot !!!!
    P.s. can we PLEASE have such inventory fillers as Orc Fangs, Insignias, or special essences during events for crafting switched over to our Satchels? I realize items like the Orc Fangs are tradeable so it's probably not feasible to have them in the Satchel but Halloween is just around the corner and those special essences and necessary ingredients for crafting like the Bones sure qualify for being collected in the Satchel and would free up much needed inventory space for players who farm just to craft.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

exciting.. but wait, where's the new item?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Try guys ^_^ ?..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lol idk

Pets are too op in this game
    -Struggling

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

1) you dont have to have best gear to run an elite. If you cant get through ren elite it is because you do not have a tactical plan. Even with the best gear in game, if you charge in balls to the walls it Will go badly for you. Play smarter, not harder.
    2) those of us hoping for a challenge use tactical manuevers. We are very disappointed that this update is a forced farm till your fingers are numb update instead of a challenging what if we did it this way kind of an update
    3) loot drop is not balanced between players. I have looted 1 rune while others farming at the same rate i am have looted many. Same goes for fangs. I get 1 fang every 5 to 10 runs, i need 120 fangs for the first mythic piece....... This is a big ol suck for me.
    4) elite bosses look cool

And in closing....

5) if mythic gear is a continuity of orc slaying gear, a better story line would be to make the orc gear a required element to craft mythic gear. The way it is a disjointed story line where we are stuck with useless untradeable gear taking up space in our stash.
    Last edited by Sfubi; 08-30-2015 at 08:50 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    5) if mythic gear is a continuity of orc slaying gear, a better story line would be to make the orc gear a required element to craft mythic gear. The way it is a disjointed story line where we are stuck with useless untradeable gear taking up space in our stash.
    This just makes too much sense, if STS had done that I doubt you would see nearly as many complaints about the legendary quests being an unnecessary pre-req for the Mythic gear. That's not to say that is the only issue with the Elites but it would have made one issue a total non-issue.
    Last edited by Thrindal; 08-31-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Grammer Fix

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    1) you dont have to have best gear to run an elite. If you cant get through ren elite it is because you do not have a tactical plan. Even with the best gear in game, if you charge in balls to the walls it Will go badly for you. Play smarter, not harder.
    2) those of us hoping for a challenge use tactical manuevers. We are very disappointed that this update is a forced farm till your fingers are numb update instead of a challenging what if we did it this way kind of an update
    3) loot drop is not balanced between players. I have looted 1 rune while others farming at the same rate i am have looted many. Same goes for fangs. I get 1 fang every 5 to 10 runs, i need 120 fangs for the first mythic piece....... This is a big ol suck for me.
    4) elite bosses look cool

And in closing....

You deserve a Nobel prize for number 5,sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I agree that inventory is becoming a big problem. Please sts, increase the max stash/player inventory. 500 inventory doesn't seem to be nearly enough anymore.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

They could implement crafting satchels- one for jewels and one for event materials. It would greatly alleviate the strain of always being full inventory w/ 500.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

How about a new vanity slot: when you buy a vanity bag, your crafting material goes automatically into this crafting satchel. Could be robust backpacks

Attachment 139990

or fancy handbags

Attachment 139991

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

I want a gucci handbag if we get any choice in this.

Thx.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

bleh.... i guess it's the never-ending "good-geared/OP players vs the poor weak-geared toon" debate...

As for me..... - >.< I hate the healing of the mobs its irritating. It can take awhile just to kill a group running with non-OP Pugs. So unless u run to the boss after killing a few groups..... hands/fingers cramp..... Carpel Tunnel soon >:{

and so much about easy drop?...however I haven't even looted a single orc fang or rune. If I ever looted anything pink - it's some useless craps selling for 500g in cs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bameely View Post
    If I ever looted anything pink - it's some useless craps selling for 500g in cs...
    The reason why pinks are only 500g is because of how easy it is to run these dungeons, so there are tons of pinks being looted by everyone. If these dungeons were to be made easier, then there would be nothing worth anything and you wouldn't even want to bother.

You can't escape the laws of supply and demand. Easier dungeons means larger supply of the items, and then they are worth less.

I've played this game since he beginning (season 1) and the only time I can remember loot from elite dungeons really being worth a lot was during seasons 3 & 4 when the elite dungeons were really hard. Back then you could loot a kraken skewer, abyssal flamberge, or entombed hammer that was worth 1m+, and even the helms and armors were worth 500k+ (mythics were worth 5m+).

But now everyone cries that it's too hard, and when elites become farmable for lower geared players, they become super easy and quick for better geared players. On the first day the new elites were released (last week) I was in a good pro party in my guild and we were doing runs in about 5 minutes through the first dungeon. I played for about an hour, and in that time I saw half a dozen runes drop as well as a ton of pinks. I know some in my guild were doing that for hours and hours. If a single player can loot multiple mythic items in just a few hours of play, how much do you really think they will be worth?

It would be nice if there was something rare that required some effort to obtain. I fear that this is going to be a boring season. Other than working on building up and crafting jewels, I really have nothing to do now except farm kills and flags, as I already have all of the best gear and pets, and the season just began.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-31-2015 at 11:42 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This expansions a lot of fun

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ren elites a total waste of time since update. I spent one hour in elite used 20 ankh and looted one fang...zzzzz bs. At least if your going to make it too difficult for the average player throw some bones to those who are able to complete map. I won't be wasting my time and money running Ren elite until changes are made. Sometimes I wonder if devs even play this game...peeved.