Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Elites are Live in Arcane Legends!

mesalin

Well it will be little rare if new elite could be without any bug

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I remember when tindren elites came out i ouldnt ev2n get past the first set of mobs, and uk something that gave me something to work for so when i did complete the elite map the tast was so sweet. Elite maps are indeed for the best geard toons. What is the point of haveing the best gear if theres no chalinge? If your not able to complete it then you need to work for the gear to bable to compleat it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zerofort For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yes Goretusk does seem to have something going on w/ reflect. I kept firing to see if I would die and it really didn't to any sort of damage back to me during his spin.

I expect some tweaks to happen no doubt. We have given some thoughtful feedback on the campaign and mythic quest.
    Yes, someone told me dont attack when reflect, i asked myself why not. Alpha wolf much more tactical, planar bosses way too harder than these, maybe its intended because imbued still better who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

It will be a long way to farm all of ingredients for mythic and elite should be for everyone, not only for maxed gear players imo.

I don't understand why people think only maxed gear player should be able to farm elite and make profit. It should be doable with legendary gears and pet.

For me drop rate and difficulty is fine in bigger picture.

Maybe better chance of drop with luck lix will encourage Plat use.
    Aegis

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Well I'm a Rogue and I had doubts when folks said tanks would be obsolete in new elites. Well, tanks are obsolete which is very sad to me.

In the past elites always came out and they would be considered too tough and sts would tweak them. This time elites came and they are too easy. The problem is it is a lot harder to tweak something too be more difficult because of the complaints that will generate. I feel sts has to have a reasoning for the ease of these elites. Some guesses are...

1. Trying to build the player base. You don't want new players to quit because the game is too hard.

2. With the insta level to 41 there are a lot of under geared capped players.

3. Sts sees the end of AL in site and are trying to squeeze the last bit of juice out. (I hope this is not true, we play the game because we like it, if there were a better game out there most of us would play it. Problem is many of us are not interested in CoC something unless there is an AL replacement in the pipeline I hope STS still has the incentive to keep improving AL, it is my favorite mobile game by far and CoC is not for me).

I think/hope sts has something like a Planar Tombs 2.0 coming that is challenging for top geared players. I for one don't want a zero death toon. No deaths = No fun.

Thanks for what has been a great game, I hope you can return it to glory. If not I hope you have a new game coming cause CoC isn't for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    So you have never been pulled back into a set of bombs and killed when running to the boss? Really? No ankhs used at all on pug runs with your pink gear and without nekro?

Nowhere did you say without ankh (just add stuff why don't you) nor did I say I wasn't pulled back.. Personally I like to kill everyone instead of running to the end (hence the name elite map.. Not run screaming ...oooo there's an Orc run away) I die less when killing and die a lot more when running and it's boring when you just run to the boss, for junk loot.

Yes I have nekro it was so cheap everyone should have nekro who has farmed in the game or complete,the to quest it's sts fault all of us has nekro so don't complain about everyone having nekro who runs elites, most of the time I use singe because of the health bonus (Us Mages due a lot)

Regular maps were put out for everyone to be able to run through the elites were built for well elite runners and guilds that's why we don't run pug we are in a guild built for elite farming so don't hate if you run pugs or think that elites are for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

As one of the aboves mentioned^ The level 41 pack is awful. It increased the unexperienced endgame players dramatically which is pretty annoying when you try to run a certain map with randoms.
    Also, I just don't understand why everyone are so pissed and claim the new elites are too easy. Think about it, not every player can afford best gear, weapon, and best pets. Rich people always say that nekro is "super cheap and almost free". It drives me nuts. Some players can barely afford simple things, while others allow themselves to complain about nekro's "low" price? And it's not that I don't consider the option to farm, it's just alot of work for some players.
    Last edited by Graovans; 08-28-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Graovans For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diggdugg View Post
    Nowhere did you say without ankh (just add stuff why don't you) nor did I say I wasn't pulled back.. Personally I like to kill everyone instead of running to the end (hence the name elite map.. Not run screaming ...oooo there's an Orc run away) I die less when killing and die a lot more when running and it's boring when you just run to the boss, for junk loot.

Yes I have nekro it was so cheap everyone should have nekro who has farmed in the game or complete,the to quest it's sts fault all of us has nekro so don't complain about everyone having nekro who runs elites, most of the time I use singe because of the health bonus (Us Mages due a lot)

Regular maps were put out for everyone to be able to run through the elites were built for well elite runners and guilds that's why we don't run pug we are in a guild built for elite farming so don't hate if you run pugs or think that elites are for everyone.
    Sorry. Your posts had left me under the impression that the maps were so easy for you that you weren't dying. I see that's not the case. Thank you for clarifying.

I know this might seem cowardly, but I enjoy running maps as fast as possible. I like to see how close I can get to the leaderboards.

I, too, have Nekro, and really good gear. But I recognize that OP gear and OP pets can be crutches (along with OP parties). I like to challenge myself by gearing down and running with pugs. It keeps the game enjoyable for me.

The first time I ran the maps, I soloed them. With comparable gear at the level 41 cap, I could solo planar tombs. I would call the mob difficulty comparable. The problem is, the boss difficulty isn't even close.

Personally, I'd be in heaven if the maps were so difficult that hardly anyone could finish them. (I like my games absurdly difficult. I was at my happiest when I was struggling to get through planar tombs in pugs with terrible gear and no gold.) I'm just trying to provide honest feedback. Even in my OP gear and in OP parties, I do in fact get killed by the mobs sometimes. I never get killed by the bosses.

As for your guild, I have nothing but good things to say. Many of my best friends are in Enigmatic. I prefer to go guildless because I just like doing things my own way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Sorry. Your posts had left me under the impression that the maps were so easy for you that you weren't dying. I see that's not the case. Thank you for clarifying.

I know this might seem cowardly, but I enjoy running maps as fast as possible. I like to see how close I can get to the leaderboards.

I, too, have Nekro, and really good gear. But I recognize that OP gear and OP pets can be crutches (along with OP parties). I like to challenge myself by gearing down and running with pugs. It keeps the game enjoyable for me.

The first time I ran the maps, I soloed them. With comparable gear at the level 41 cap, I could solo planar tombs. I would call the mob difficulty comparable. The problem is, the boss difficulty isn't even close.

Personally, I'd be in heaven if the maps were so difficult that hardly anyone could finish them. (I like my games absurdly difficult. I was at my happiest when I was struggling to get through planar tombs in pugs with terrible gear and no gold.) I'm just trying to provide honest feedback. Even in my OP gear and in OP parties, I do in fact get killed by the mobs sometimes. I never get killed by the bosses.

As for your guild, I have nothing but good things to say. Many of my best friends are in Enigmatic. I prefer to go guildless because I just like doing things my own way.
    I want to ask you something. Were you able to solo Planar Tombs the day they were released? Or Tindirin for that matter. Just curious.

And like I said earlier - I already soloed these so called elites with Blinky, so no point bringing up Nekro over and over again. Nekro isn't even needed for the run to boss, it's easier than some runs in older maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I want to ask you something. Were you able to solo Planar Tombs the day they were released? Or Tindirin for that matter. Just curious.

And like I said earlier - I already soloed these so called elites with Blinky, so no point bringing up Nekro over and over again. Nekro isn't even needed for the run to boss, it's easier than some runs in older maps.
    If I had the best gear available in the game the day of the release, as is the case now, and the levels had these bosses at the end of them, I definitely could have. Those are the biggest issues to me: the lack of progression in gear and the sorry excuse for bosses.

I'm not saying the mobs are perfect. Just that they aren't the cakewalk they are being made out to be.

Soloing the run to the boss is a crap shoot. Sometimes, you don't get touched. Other times, you get pulled back repeatedly and keep dying. It's similar to the wolves when parking in T3, but I think they were easier to avoid.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 08-28-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

As the dev announcements had eluded to I expected this elites to be obscenely difficult and to use 25-50 ankh for the first couple days per map till we figured them out for farming purposes, this was not the case, which has caused a lot of frustration among most if not all of the elite map farming guilds and players. Which is why this thread has become the way it is.

And for those of you who think elites were ment for everyone to easily go through try rockhorn with weak gear even with good gear mages are lizard food. These new elite maps aren't even close to the difficulty of rockhorn. I only wish the loot table was more robust and the drop rate less

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

If I had the best gear available in the game the day of the release, as is the case now, and the levels had these bosses at the end of them, I definitely could have. Those are the biggest issues to me: the lack of progression in gear and the sorry excuse for bosses.

I'm not saying the mobs are perfect. Just that they aren't the cakewalk they are being made out to be.

Soloing the run to the boss is a crap shoot. Sometimes, you don't get touched. Other times, you get pulled back repeatedly and keep dying. It's similar to the wolves when parking in T3, but I think they were easier to avoid.
    If you had this, if you had that, yes ofc. Ask around if anyone soloed any of the Tombs the first day of release. There were enough maxed players back then.

As for runs - parking in T3 back when giants had those glitched red zones wasn't as easy either. And I don't find Rockhorn run e.g. easier than these new ones here. Or some of the Nordr runs for that matter. Anyway, you like the maps, that's ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

for as much add they want me to run this series of maps, I think the difficulty is fine. I don't want to go broke trying to play. These loot values are a joke and it's getting harder and harder to fund expenses.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hard maps come out : just about everyone demands its made easier.

Easy maps come out: just about everyone demands its made harder.

Sts devs/mods cant say this. I imagine they would like to sometimes. Ill say it

You fools dont know what you want!

Im happy. seems to me like i dont even need to do this quest. (Hate pve only enjoy pvp) my current gear seems on par if not alot better than the new mythics.

The new mythics are about same int yet alot less str (for me) and gives not much or nothing in return. Mages sheilds durability depends on str and int. So new mythics make my sheild ALOT weaker. sometimes gear has hidden spell dmg like I've seen before. Kind of hope this is not the case.

Aa a mage i lol at the 20% chance for another bolt. not even close to a good reason to dump my current gear. Im happy tanks at least get something in the way of ability

Nice work making it fair for everyone to try and get new mythics if that was the plan

Not sent from my sm-G900I using taptalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-29-11-50-21.png 
Views:	284 
Size:	906.1 KB 
ID:	139880

^-^-^-^-^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

thanks for that but its a bit hard to complete that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    If you had this, if you had that, yes ofc. Ask around if anyone soloed any of the Tombs the first day of release. There were enough maxed players back then.

As for runs - parking in T3 back when giants had those glitched red zones wasn't as easy either. And I don't find Rockhorn run e.g. easier than these new ones here. Or some of the Nordr runs for that matter. Anyway, you like the maps, that's ok.
    Let me be clear. I don't like the maps. I'm appalled by the bosses, which is what really makes or breaks maps. I just think the mobs aren't horrible. That's it. I certainly would love greater mob density and longer leashes, like the excellent planar tombs maps, but that's not going to happen.

If planar tombs bosses were this easy and players had imbued gear the day of the release, they would have been able to solo the levels easily. Why the new myth set isn't better than existing gear is beyond me. But it is what it is.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 08-29-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    for as much add they want me to run this series of maps, I think the difficulty is fine. I don't want to go broke trying to play. These loot values are a joke and it's getting harder and harder to fund expenses.
    Yes, looking at it from this point of view, it's actually fine. Junk difficulty <-> junk loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

If planar tombs bosses were this easy and players had imbued gear the day of the release, they would have been able to solo the levels easily. Why the new myth set isn't better than existing gear is beyond me. But it is what it is.
    I am not one to demand a response from STS because I think their communication with their players is far better than most. With that said it might be nice to get a view of their thought process behind the way things are being done because it is far different than what we have seen in the past. Is it just new management trying to put their stamp on the game? Is it a purposeful change in direction with a defined end goal that players are not seeing yet?

For me I think the animations and graphics are awesome considering the platform diversity that STS is aiming for. The mechanics also seem to be there but I know there have been a few technical hiccups that come with the success of the game. This is one thing we know led to the grouped mobs with much shorter leases that we see in the Ren'gol maps this does generally lead to less interesting game play but maybe they are still trying to strike the right balance.

As for the elites I think one issue is because the mobs have shorter leashes it is easy to skip the harder mobs (multiple healers, Brutes) and just move on to the next mob to get the kills needed to activate the boss. As for the bosses there is obviously a problem and the mechanics of the bosses appear obviously broken in several cases. Totems are not worrisome on the first boss, Second boss rarely deals significant damage, Third boss spinning blades doesn't really seem to do anything and in the case of the third boss I think the normal boss is more difficult than the elite boss.

As for the gear quest chain there are some frustrations. I was able to collect enough Insignia before elites to craft all the legendary gear except the Armor running dailies. Now elite runs count towards the old dailies so there is no reason for me to run normal except for the last Insignia. This is frustrating and feels like a waist of time but I am not spending half a million in gold for Insignia for armor I will never use. Then as others have said the new Mythics are really no better than the gear top players already have and in the case of the Ring and Pendent they are far worse.

I will admit that the Set bonus was not at all what I expected and I do find it interesting but I fail to see the positive trade off of the Set bonus compared to the stats that you must give up not using a Planar Pendant or Arcane Ring.

I am not gonna say that STS got it all wrong but I would like to hear their view on why things are the way they are. I have friends in game that are frustrated right now and on the verge of giving up a game they have now played for years. This has me quite concerned.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    This is true and I also believe its a reason that STS made them easier than Planar Tombs. If you remember the tombs release than you will remember how many people complained about the difficulty & drop rates.