Thread: Questions about the new Ren'Gol Elites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Default Questions about the new Ren'Gol Elites

Are the changes on Orc Brute to not always cause falling rocks and his new attack pattern intended?

Was changing the Elite healer shamans to not get covered by dmg reduction shield planned?

Where did the cinematic zoom ins before the elite boss encounter begins go? They're still here for normal Ren maps.

Is the HP of the Elite Orc Gladiator really meant to be this small? Also, Shaman Pakuna's HP seems to not be elite either.

Was it intended to remove the 40% dmg reduction mini shields that boars and wolves got from the said orc a while back (when the visual bug with these shields affecting barrels was fixed)?

Were the elite mobs meant to scale to L48? It's not uncommon in other mmorpg's to increase the level difference as a means to increase difficulty.

I'm not sure if these were meant to happen or not but they made elite dungeons much easier. A dev response would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by Madnex; 08-28-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Are the changes on Orc Brute to not always cause falling rocks and his new attack pattern intended?

Was changing the Elite healer shamans to not get covered by dmg reduction shield planned?

What about the removal of the 4-5s stun duration that happens when the second boss rams one of the crystal piles (happens in normal Thumper but not in elite)?

I'm not sure if these were meant to happen or not but they made elite dungeons much easier. A dev response would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Personally I was thrilled for the stun reduction, and if they do decide to ramp back up the difficulty I hope it's in another manner than the stuns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

What about the removal of the 4-5s stun duration that happens when the second boss rams one of the crystal piles (happens in normal Thumper but not in elite)?

Is the HP of the Elite Orc Gladiator really meant to be this small?

Also, was it intended to remove the 40% dmg reduction mini shields that boars and wolves got from the said orc a while back when the visual bug with these shields was fixed?

1. They sometimes fall,sometimes they don't.In all the maps.
    2.Bug for sure.
    3.Same.
    4.That guy is bugged as heck.When the mobs from the group come to attack you,he is the coward that sits there and is afraid to fight.
    5.See number 2.
    6.*sigh* sts made elites easier to give everyone a chance to get the mythic gear...

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Is the HP of the Elite Orc Gladiator really meant to be this small?

Also, was it intended to remove the 40% dmg reduction mini shields that boars and wolves got from the said orc a while back when the visual bug with these shields was fixed?

In my opinion this whole season was an epic troll by STS. Elite shuyal is harder than elite Rengol. I walked into first map solo and 1 comboed the first creature I hit. The difficulty is barely more than normal maps, and the loot table is pretty much the same, apart for components for the (useless) mythic set. Sometimes I wonder if the devs actually realize what doing by not giving us any new gear drops from bosses. Gold orcish chests were only 50k before this, god knows what they are now. I looted and listed a rune for 230k. Couple of hours later when I checked they were 70k. Worst season ever IMO, and all the wait for elites just to be trolled so hard. Mobs and bosses need a blanket triple in hp, excluding the big orcs, which could do with a double.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

2. I believe thumper now gains enrage for 4-6 seconds when he crashes into the rocks

Thumper ...still runs and shatters boulders with his Frenzied Charge ability, but now it makes him ANGRY, granting a 15% damage buff for 5 seconds
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    2. I believe thumper now gains enrage for 4-6 seconds when he crashes into the rocks

Thumper ...still runs and shatters boulders with his Frenzied Charge ability, but now it makes him ANGRY, granting a 15% damage buff for 5 seconds
    Ah, somehow misinterpreted this. Thanks hec goob. Edited first post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I just ran for 2 hours in elite and did not get a single jewel. Is this a bug or intended?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

each time trumper hit the crystal hi enrage and get a dmg buff for a short time,]

it is in the elite release thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i think these elites ar made to survive with the new mythic set thats why so easy cause if u use the 4 pieces of the new mythics u will be weak!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

and lets dont forget that the shuyal and tindirin not scaled :S always the previous 2 maps scale to the current lvl to drop -1 lvl items from the endgame now nothing happened!