Thread: New Elites and warriors role in them

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Default New Elites and warriors role in them

Hiya,

So i havent been on lately and i would just like to know, the predicted need for warriors in the new elites, has it come into existence or are we still the most useless class in AL?

Cheers,
    Oez.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Only one way to find out...
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Haven't been on lately is misleading. I think you mean havent been doing pve lately? As ive seen you on quite a bit in game. Anyways, warriors will never be needed until their aggro holding skills get buffed(duration of aggro holding not damage or anything else). Even if mobs start doing 50% damage of hp per hit full dps will still be safer than having a warrior(unless the warrior knows how to rotate their aggro skills properly and time horn properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

yep in new elite good geared warriors are needed for a run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Still useless sorry.
    A full rogue or a rogue/mage party kick *** pretty easily in those maps even without warriors.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuorsyra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Sorry,but i'll have to quote myself...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Warriors won't get buffed cuz not even THE DEVS PLAY AS WARRIORS!
    I mean,come on sts,at E3 2012 the guy representing you said that his favourite class is the warrior because he can deal heavy amounts of damage...
    Link to video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9aEum-sgg
    The warriors being useless is one of the two reasons i deleted my warrior (the other one being that i was playing as a guest).
    Plus,i'm 75% sure that more than half of the new players choose the warrior,cause everyone wants to play as the big guy with muscles...
    A solution to buffing the warriors IMO is that sts should do a significant buff over their damage,cause 95% of the dungeons need damage in order to be finished fast.
    Yeah...AL is pretty much the only game where the big guy with muscles is only good at...showing his muscles...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Been waiting forever for the wars to get a buff but sadly not even a SINGLE Buff.
    As many players have left this game of this and I'm gonna leave too because of this.
    Seriously I'm tired for continuously asking for a buff and so many people are, did devs or sts give a single reply about our complaints or suggestions about the useless class nowadays? Never.
    Even the devs don't use wars. This proves how useless wars are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    Been waiting forever for the wars to get a buff but sadly not even a SINGLE Buff.
    As many players have left this game of this and I'm gonna leave too because of this.
    Seriously I'm tired for continuously asking for a buff and so many people are, did devs or sts give a single reply about our complaints or suggestions about the useless class nowadays? Never.
    Even the devs don't use wars. This proves how useless wars are.

People have left for many different reasons, and if you want to leave because of this, then go ahead.

#RudeMondayWithPillowHead

mesalin

Well maybe war is useless but i still invite to party 1 war just help friends

<Forgiveness>

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

So the general opinion is that warriors arent needed i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Haven't been on lately is misleading. I think you mean havent been doing pve lately? As ive seen you on quite a bit in game. Anyways, warriors will never be needed until their aggro holding skills get buffed(duration of aggro holding not damage or anything else). Even if mobs start doing 50% damage of hp per hit full dps will still be safer than having a warrior(unless the warrior knows how to rotate their aggro skills properly and time horn properly.
    This summer ive been on 3-4 hours daily, these last 7 days due to bad and unstable internet connection i wasnt even on 1 hour on average, running around with 500-2k ping is the best ive managed these days with a lot of dcs. Thats why i said "havent been on lately"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Name:  qceic.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  68.7 KB
    11 character message

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I actually prefer a good warrior as it really takes the burden off me so that u can focus on using skills instead of potting non stop.
    The problem is that too many warriors in pve have trash hp/armour, rendering them useless. Also, the arena also render warriors/mages useless as it is completely a boss orientated map, which is the bread and butter of every rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Nothing changed with elites, they are actually easier than any other elite campaign. Unless you have a strong guild or group of friends that will party with a warrior it generally continues to slow down the run. I was expecting different here, but it's the same. Warriors continue to be a mostly PvP class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Only exceptional warriors are picked for runs, usually max-geared and with a lot of experience.

It's easy to tell a bad warrior from a good one and even easier to tell a bad mage from a good one. With rogues, it's harder to say since skill spamming and potting is pretty much all you're expected to do, maybe move off a couple red zones which is common sense. PvE-wise, to be wanted, tanks need something to balance out the damage loss of replacing DPS since there's no actual tanking needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Still useless and still mindless.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

An end game rogue's crit % is a warrior's biggest problem with holding aggro in new elites. Here's how I do it:

(Singe is my pet)
    - Charge up VB to boost your own crit % and use Singe's AA (75% stun)
    - Use charged skyward smash to stun again. (For the first few seconds enemies won't even be able to attack, and with how many crits you'll be dealing, you'll still hold aggro)
    - Use charged whirlwind and move around to aggro the mob.
    - Drop another charged skyward smash and then use charged horn of renew to aggro again, and heal you & your team.
    - By this time, VB's & Singe's cool down should finish, and you can repeat these steps.

In using this strategy, I rarely see my teammates even take a hit, and hardly ever do they die.

My warrior has 7.4k hp, 2.4k armor, 10% crit, and 689/533 dps/dmg. Not OP by any means.
    Ign: itchywrinkles lvl 46

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Get a nekro and your chances will increase in pve cause nekros speed boost makes your party members happy... and if you have good friends then you will eassily get party..
    There is nothing to farm in elites same drop as normal map just rune is droping in elites..
    and first 2 maps only needs a few mobs to kill and then just run to boss and kill him...
    Bosses are too eassy .
    I dont know if they are hard for most of you cause i have 8.8k hp with 2.9k armor but still there main red jone attacks can hit me only 20-30 % so if its 40-50% for a avarage build tank but still eassy cause i tried it without ring and planer pendent with 7.2k hp and 2.7k armor
    If you are a tank the i preffer you to have atleast 7.5k hp with 2.5k armor cause if you dont have that much u are hardly over then a rouge
    And my strtgy is to rotate nekro skill with my partener for not getting stuned not even a single time i use cs and wm and hor and jugger for keeping agro.
    Cs is my fav cause when you saw any mob going for your dps then run there and use cs on mob he will turned to you for shure..
    And it have shortest cooldown too..
    And wars are still good for elites even i did rengols 1st elite map with 4 tanks and we did good with 3 toor and 1 nekro all was ussing jugger so cycling jugger and nekro..
    And we did it in a preety good time.
    Lol ao forget bout every thing work for your build and learn skill by the experiance its better learn your skill by experiance .
    Elites are too eassy but you dont even need to do them cause better run normal maps for innsignias if you want to farm

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Warriors aren't needed in elites huh? Then why is it after I run to boss, only warriors are there to finish? Lmfao
    Thanks Stg for a great Warrior-Elite with Rengol!

And to the above post. Wtf are u talking about, it isn't necessary to run Rengol elite? You gonna just buy yur runes and fangs like the rest of the overgeared nubs in AL? LMAOX2
    Last edited by Samaeldavisjr; 08-31-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samaeldavisjr View Post
    Warriors aren't needed in elites huh? Then why is it after I run to boss, only warriors are there to finish? Lmfao
    Thanks Stg for a great Warrior-Elite with Rengol!

And to the above post. Wtf are u talking about, it isn't necessary to run Rengol elite? You gonna just buy yur runes and fangs like the rest of the overgeared nubs in AL? LMAOX2
    Why is it that in my full dps non maxed party we can run to boss without reviving and all make it safe and sound? Sounds like your party sucks at running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Very very useless still in PvE. My god, the rouges and mages have to stand 10 feet away for me just to hold aggro.