Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Duplicate Scam

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Exclamation The Duplicate Scam

Hello Arlor.

I know this has been brought up before but please pass the word to your guild, some of them are newly capped and not aware of the duplicate scammer that lives in our world. This is how it goes. You will get a PM from a person that has a similar name from a 'famous' player like this:

'Famous' Player: Are you interested with arcane ring full para? Haha sell cheap

'Famous' Player: I has 2rings same gems hehe

'Famous' Player: I just got it from the bug duplicate, bro haha

If you continue to talk to this person he will eventually say that he's going to his actioner alt (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) and PM you from a low level unguilded toon. Next he will tell you to purchase some crates from auction. Then, he will ask you if you are on android or iOS and meet him in the outpost and have you eventually stand on the KlasNpc. He goes on to tell you to change some settings such as invite all pt HUD and filter chat. Finally he tells you to type a code and 'shud be all white no red, red some error'. He gives you this code .. /system activate-duplicate-but now and later on in the conversation he says for you to type /system klaas-trade/duplicate(Lc04,LC04, LCo4, NC55).

All of this is total bunk. Feel free to type this crap in, it's complete garbage.

Basically he is blinding you with a lengthy scam and HERE is the part where it gets very tricky. He ALSO has another alt with almost the same name as Klaas who he makes stand on top of the NPC. I am not allowed to repeat any player IGN but it's something along the lines of Systemklaas. And if you indeed place your items in the trade with this you are scammed.

Sounds like something we should all be smart to right? Let me tell you this. We have kids, people who speak other languages, and people who maybe are distracted.

In my own guild, a player lost fossil, mari, arcane ring, and mythic belt.

This morning I woke up to find out another person has lost gold tyran, kersh, arcane ring to the exact same person.

What can you do?

1. If you are approached immediately take SS of the conversation and send to support@spacetimestudios.com

2. Speak to your guild, especially the younger ones and the non-english speaking ones

3. Do not ever place anything in a trade window with ANYONE who has a name like systemklaas or NPC.

I truly am disappointed that this exact same person with exact same IGN is STILL in the game. Please be diligent and report this person properly if you are approached. Thank you everyone!!!!!

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: