Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban Policy need a change?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Sts considers the following words as "innapropiate language": Paki,Minge(ball in romanian), Isis,Douche (shower in french) and many more...
    Why does sts censor America's enemies,and many other unnecesary words?
    I do have a friend from Pakistan, and he kinda feels bad about it.I mean,what would you do if the name of your country gets muted?
    And Isis doesn't mean the thing you think of.In egyptian mythology,Isis is a goddess.
    Another thing that annoys me:The sentence "he kinda feels bad about it" becomes "he kinda feels bad abou* **".
    Yet another thing that annoys me (on forums):threads that talk about awesome suggestions that sts needs to implement in the game,doesn't get any response from the devs,and EVEN IF it gets a response from the devs,it's something like this "Hey,guys,i've cleaned up the thread a little,please keep it constructive.Thanks.", and it gets closed or deleted one hour later.

Please do not take this as a rant,or as something else that might make my post being deleted.I just wanted to share the thing that annoys me the most: sts censoring words that are not deserving being muted.Thanks...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Sts considers the following words as "innapropiate language": Paki,Minge(ball in romanian), Isis,Douche (shower in french) and many more...
    Why does sts censor America's enemies,and many other unnecesary words?
    I do have a friend from Pakistan, and he kinda feels bad about it.I mean,what would you do if the name of your country gets muted?
    And Isis doesn't mean the thing you think of.In egyptian mythology,Isis is a goddess.
    Another thing that annoys me:The sentence "he kinda feels bad about it" becomes "he kinda feels bad abou* **".
    Yet another thing that annoys me (on forums):threads that talk about awesome suggestions that sts needs to implement in the game,doesn't get any response from the devs,and EVEN IF it gets a response from the devs,it's something like this "Hey,guys,i've cleaned up the thread a little,please keep it constructive.Thanks.", and it gets closed or deleted one hour later.

Please do not take this as a rant,or as something else that might make my post being deleted.I just wanted to share the thing that annoys me the most: sts censoring words that are not deserving being muted.Thanks...
    While I agree there are lot of words are unnecessarily censored but Pakistan is not a muted word. I have a friend from pakistan aswel and I ask about Pakistan alot in game.
    The word PAKI is muted as it is a racist name. Its like Ni**er/Ni*gah word.

But yeah I see the point you are trying to say and I agree it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk