Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Duplicate Scam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Exclamation The Duplicate Scam

Hello Arlor.

I know this has been brought up before but please pass the word to your guild, some of them are newly capped and not aware of the duplicate scammer that lives in our world. This is how it goes. You will get a PM from a person that has a similar name from a 'famous' player like this:

'Famous' Player: Are you interested with arcane ring full para? Haha sell cheap

'Famous' Player: I has 2rings same gems hehe

'Famous' Player: I just got it from the bug duplicate, bro haha

If you continue to talk to this person he will eventually say that he's going to his actioner alt (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) and PM you from a low level unguilded toon. Next he will tell you to purchase some crates from auction. Then, he will ask you if you are on android or iOS and meet him in the outpost and have you eventually stand on the KlasNpc. He goes on to tell you to change some settings such as invite all pt HUD and filter chat. Finally he tells you to type a code and 'shud be all white no red, red some error'. He gives you this code .. /system activate-duplicate-but now and later on in the conversation he says for you to type /system klaas-trade/duplicate(Lc04,LC04, LCo4, NC55).

All of this is total bunk. Feel free to type this crap in, it's complete garbage.

Basically he is blinding you with a lengthy scam and HERE is the part where it gets very tricky. He ALSO has another alt with almost the same name as Klaas who he makes stand on top of the NPC. I am not allowed to repeat any player IGN but it's something along the lines of Systemklaas. And if you indeed place your items in the trade with this you are scammed.

Sounds like something we should all be smart to right? Let me tell you this. We have kids, people who speak other languages, and people who maybe are distracted.

In my own guild, a player lost fossil, mari, arcane ring, and mythic belt.

This morning I woke up to find out another person has lost gold tyran, kersh, arcane ring to the exact same person.

What can you do?

1. If you are approached immediately take SS of the conversation and send to support@spacetimestudios.com

2. Speak to your guild, especially the younger ones and the non-english speaking ones

3. Do not ever place anything in a trade window with ANYONE who has a name like systemklaas or NPC.

I truly am disappointed that this exact same person with exact same IGN is STILL in the game. Please be diligent and report this person properly if you are approached. Thank you everyone!!!!!

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

These scams have also tarnished innocent people's reputation and what not.... (ofc, famous people).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    These scams have also tarnished innocent people's reputation and what not.... (ofc, famous people).
    Yes Waz. It is NOT the person they are impersonating I want to reiterate. They use the name to get people to trust them. And I have seen the SS, the guy is seriously good and makes you think that you can trust him and he's a friend. Please though, talk to your mates, guild, twinks, everyone. It's really rampant right now and the fact that I woke up and found out the EXACT SAME PERSON scammed someone else makes me ill. People are falling for it, we need to spread the word as a community.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Thank you for speaking out about this scam candy
    As you say it all begans with an message saying about arcane ring with para once the player gets into it the famous player [ Who does not show up in the scene ] asks about other arcane & mythics stuffs like lvl 41 mythic weapons, arcane fossil & eggs as soon the victim says YES he switches to his Lvl 1 char & shows up in windmoore & calls near boltag NPC & gives some of the codes specific for each item but before that they ask to get 2 copper chests from CS just to show the demonstration.
    Now when the player gets it & moves further he gives codes for doubling those copper chests first buy first they ask to check Filter Chat & Invite all players on HUD to party[Don't know why they have to be checked]
    Now this the key where the player has got the time to still turn back & stay away from all such junks but if he proceeds the player gives an code to double those copper chests & they are doubled, now they ask tobput those chests in stash & get the mythic & arcane stuffs & once the player gets them they seprate codes for mythic & arcane items & the auto-trade procedure begins & when the player places those items in auto-trade window its all over !!!
    THE NPC DOESN'T TRADE YOU BACK WITH DOUBLED ITEMS OR GIVE BACK YOUR ORIGINAL ITEMS !!!
    And in meantime while you ask about this to so called " FAMOUS PLAYER " they just tell you:-
    " Don't worry it happened to my friend too i got other codes to get your items back, just log out once & log in after few mins & check your stash. "
    They ask the player to log out so that the player does not SS's the conversation as they are erased once the player log outs.
    Once the player re-log in there is nothing he can do about it.
    Wake up people !!!
    There is no such thing as " DUPLICATING " in game don't just get into such junk & become an victim of this scam just play the game as it is & be happy with what you have.
    If you get Greedy about such things by thinking you can make money the only you will get in the end is
    "" NOTHING "" !!
    Play safe everyone...!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ceuidear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post
    Thank you for speaking out about this scam candy
    As you say it all begans with an message saying about arcane ring with para once the player gets into it the famous player [ Who does not show up in the scene ] asks about other arcane & mythics stuffs like lvl 41 mythic weapons, arcane fossil & eggs as soon the victim says YES he switches to his Lvl 1 char & shows up in windmoore & calls near boltag NPC & gives some of the codes specific for each item but before that they ask to get 2 copper chests from CS just to show the demonstration.
    Now when the player gets it & moves further he gives codes for doubling those copper chests first buy first they ask to check Filter Chat & Invite all players on HUD to party[Don't know why they have to be checked]
    Now this the key where the player has got the time to still turn back & stay away from all such junks but if he proceeds the player gives an code to double those copper chests & they are doubled, now they ask tobput those chests in stash & get the mythic & arcane stuffs & once the player gets them they seprate codes for mythic & arcane items & the auto-trade procedure begins & when the player places those items in auto-trade window its all over !!!
    THE NPC DOESN'T TRADE YOU BACK WITH DOUBLED ITEMS OR GIVE BACK YOUR ORIGINAL ITEMS !!!
    And in meantime while you ask about this to so called " FAMOUS PLAYER " they just tell you:-
    " Don't worry it happened to my friend too i got other codes to get your items back, just log out once & log in after few mins & check your stash. "
    They ask the player to log out so that the player does not SS's the conversation as they are erased once the player log outs.
    Once the player re-log in there is nothing he can do about it.
    Wake up people !!!
    There is no such thing as " DUPLICATING " in game don't just get into such junk & become an victim of this scam just play the game as it is & be happy with what you have.
    If you get Greedy about such things by thinking you can make money the only you will get in the end is
    "" NOTHING "" !!
    Play safe everyone...!!!
    Yes thank you for adding the rest of this. Adding in that the people scammed aren't greedy but victims to a pro-scammer that builds trust and causes confusion before going in for the final trade scam.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

After all it's not uncommon for a little kid to be playing a game.

If people would put as much effort into farming and positive things as they do scamming and breaking rules, they might actually get somewhere.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyrogenie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I always ask myself this question when I see a duplicator: "If he/she can duplicate items, why does he/she need my items? Why not duplicate their own items if they have a 'system' code?"

Be careful out there. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. We don't live in a world of roses and rainbows.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I always ask myself this question when I see a duplicator: "If he/she can duplicate items, why does he/she need my items? Why not duplicate their own items if they have a 'system' code?"

Be careful out there. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. We don't live in a world of roses and rainbows.
    SPREAD THE WORD to your guild. Your friends, heck yell it in camp!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcurler View Post
    First, thank you for posting this thread and warn the community about the problem with scammers. I really appreciated it. But i'm just playing devil advocate here. Yes the problem is the scammer but you can't really blame on the scammers all by themselves. It always takes two to tangle. The victims in this case are also clearly at fault too. If they weren't greedy and wants to cash in then the scam wouldn't have work and there would be no thread about this.
    Again, this is simply to bring awareness of the scammer. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinions on here, but please spread the word on the scam to your friends and guild!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Usazaasara View Post
    What the scammer tells you is "it can only be done once and I've done it already but I can show you, all I ask for is a discount on your items after you duplicate them"

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    What's stopping him/her from making multiple accounts?
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woaaah a few weeks ago that guy talk to me if im interested to his full para arcane ring and if im interested to know how to bug para gem and duplicate
    I answered him: im not born yesterday lols
    Nad he never pm me again
    [SIGPIC]
    Start where you are
    Use what you have
    Do what you can

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why would i trade kershal,fossil,gold tyra etc...lmao try tradeing some stupid item first maybe?? Ill report the guy aswell if i see him thou.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    What's stopping him/her from making multiple accounts?
    All I'm doing is passing on as much information as I can so people will be more aware and hopefully won't all for it. Personally, I only trust a small handful of people ig. Safest way to play imo.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Since con artists look for ways to manipulate strengths and weaknesses. They will either paint a picture of wealth and ease, or increase your darkest fears, or a combination of both

A Con Artist will:

• play on your sympathies,
    • instill in you a sense of security in dealing with him or her,
    • separate you from your friends and family by placing extreme secrecy on all facets of the deal
    • convince you to depend only on the scammer and to believe only in the scammer; convince you that your friends and family, banks and law enforcement, are all lying and that only the scammer is telling the truth.
    • and distract you from what is really going on using lies laced with enough truth to make the patter believable. What we call "sleight of mind."

http://www.fraudaid.com/backstage/ho...manipulate.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

He's approached me before but o was already wise to the scam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Well...if ur stupid enough to be scammed....it is indeed your problem.

However, It is indeed an unfortunate event of such criminals taking advantage of players who are either ignorant/delusioned to the fact that people, do not necessarily need to help you, and that offers that seem too good or people who seem to be nice to you for no good reason, often have malicious intents hidden behind their actions, therefore I very rarely trust others, and their is only a handful of people in game I would trust.

It honestly baffles me that people are willing to place their trust on people they barely know, other people they have known for a long time-which being scammed by the aforementioned makes way more sense.

Anyway, many thanks to candy for pointing out this scam and by this, helpimg others to avoid being in an similar position to your guildmates who were scammed.

BTW, isnt there a "how to avoid being scammed" guide in here? People rly need to read that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson131 View Post

However, It is indeed an unfortunate event of such criminals taking advantage of players who are either ignorant/delusioned to the fact that people, do not necessarily need to help you, and that offers that seem too good or people who seem to be nice to you for no good reason, often have malicious intents hidden behind their actions, therefore I very rarely trust others, and their is only a handful of people in game I would trust.

It honestly baffles me that people are willing to place their trust on people they barely know, other people they have known for a long time-which being scammed by the aforementioned makes way more sense.

Anyway, many thanks to candy for pointing out this scam and by this, helpimg others to avoid being in an similar position to your guildmates who were scammed.

BTW, isnt there a "how to avoid being scammed" guide in here? People rly need to read that.
    I think the people who fall for it aren't really forum peeps, so if we can continue to vocalize this to our own guilds and friends it might save the next player from this. Crazy though all the same. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

If the players aren't banned after scamming 2 or more people even after reporting they have to be punished in other means[If STS has no intention of banning] for missusing the innocence & trust of player. I am saying this because the guy/girl that scammed me is still on LB top players list.
    They should granted an automatic title " SCAMMER " after submitting the scam report to the support with valid information & evidence of the scam which cannot be changed by the player in game FOREVER so the player would loose the intention of scamming many people if has any such plans.
    So when people look @ his/her title players will step back having a trade or deal with him/her & of course the player who scammed others will be guilty for the rest his journey in arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Something to be conscious of is the duplicate scam involving two scammers. I had the pleasure of playing the dum *** to these two characters (I knew what they were trying to do to me). One was pm'ing me asking if I believed what the other was saying whilst the main scammer tried his hardest to get me to trade my items. The one who was pm'ing then said 'omg it actually works' and showed me 2 fantasma eggs. So I played there game and traded him a horton egg just to annoy him and he gave it back saying the duplicate doesn't work with horton lol. I wanted them to feel aannoyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson131 View Post

The second victim who got scammed said that he is very aware of scammers around and he is very hard to be scammed but eventually he got scammed..Even smart people can be a scammed.Its more about scammer somehow gaining trust on the players by speaking friendly as if he is trustable and someone who can count on.Therefore once he gained trust and making the victim into confusion,scamming occured