Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomerite Quest Line Should Not Be Limited By Time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Nomerite Quest Line Should Not Be Limited By Time...

Hello,

I am sure I am not the only one that thinks this, but the Nomerite quest line should not be limited by time. Currently, the elite daily repeatable quest is a bit of a let down in terms of reward. To kill 90 orc monsters takes a minimum of 2 full elite runs (killing approximately every mob pack on the way to boss of map 1). This is the equivalent quite an enormous amount of time. So, if a player is willing to spend the effort then they should get an equal reward (say 8-10 orc tags per quest completed). As of right now, the daily quests are pretty much the main way to earn orc tags.

Since the daily quests are the main way to earn orc tags, this can be quite depressing for new players. Basically, these players will be forced to wait 1-2 months to catch up with other players just because they did not have the head start that others players have had on the quest line. This is not exactly encouraging and doesn't really serve any purpose, IMO.

In short, the daily quests should remain unchanged but those who want to put in the extra effort of running elites should be given a proper reward for doing so. Thus, I suggest changing the elite repeatable quest reward to 8-10 orc tags OR add additional elite repeatable quests.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

~Zeus
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

no no, that's not a good idea. 8-10 orc tag for doing 1 repeatable quest is too much. because people can spam orcish gold chest with orc tag by doing 2-3 repeatable quest. and the orcish gold chest does drop RUNES thus will then ruin the value of it even more.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I think you are just in a bad need of orc tags atm haha, but i like the concept!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    I think you are just in a bad need of orc tags atm haha, but i like the concept!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk
    I'm actually not that bad in terms of Orc tags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    no no, that's not a good idea. 8-10 orc tag for doing 1 repeatable quest is too much. because people can spam orcish gold chest with orc tag by doing 2-3 repeatable quest. and the orcish gold chest does drop RUNES thus will then ruin the value of it even more.
    Gold orcish chests cost 20K each, rune is worth 40k each. It doesn't make sense to open those things anyways. They're a crash waiting to happen once people think about it logically.

So in reality, this wouldn't cause anything to drop but may actually raise the prices of crafting components because people can use them. Thus, it also stimulates elite farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'd be more than happy with even 5 tags per repeatable quest turned in. I just did three repeats and definitely had a "wtf-am-I-doing-with-my-life" moment when I realized that amount of effort yielded 6 tags, 0 fangs, 0 runes and 1 whole cracked lightning jewel. It's definitely kind of insane.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mizsty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    It's not limited by time as your title says, rather its limited by time and effort spent. I do agree the time and effort spent to kill 90 orcs for 2 tags isnt worth it.

There should be an elite boss repeatable too, 3 elite bosses equals 2 tags.
    How's it limited by effort? The dailies don't take much effort to complete..so it's literally just an imposed time limit.

Think of it from a new players point of view:
    Not only do they have to craft a pendant, but also wait 2 months just to be competitive with players? What if a player wants to run more than just the daily quests? The 2 Orc tag repeatable will hardly make a difference in number of tags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mizsty View Post
    I'd be more than happy with even 5 tags per repeatable quest turned in. I just did three repeats and definitely had a "wtf-am-I-doing-with-my-life" moment when I realized that amount of effort yielded 6 tags, 0 fangs, 0 runes and 1 whole cracked lightning jewel. It's definitely kind of insane.
    I had the same exact moment a couple of days ago. As a result I stopped farming the new maps completely

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Agree!

They indeed made the grind for this set a turn off to players, I am sure not intentional but it happened. Really I see how they are trying to stretch out content so we don't gobble it up too fast.. but with this snail pace you are correct. It's a flop to grind out that repeatable for a measly 2 tags.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't know about others, but orc tags does not seem to be what is slowing me down in this quest. It's the insignias that are taking forever to loot. I've been running these dungeons since release and I have about 25 of them so far, meanwhile I've earned well over 500 orc tags since the beginning.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't know about others, but orc tags does not seem to be what is slowing me down in this quest. It's the insignias that are taking forever to loot. I've been running these dungeons since release and I have about 25 of them so far, meanwhile I've earned well over 500 orc tags since the beginning.
    Yes,
    The insigias are the true bottleneck here. I have been doing dailies on 2 characters since the beginning and barely have enough to craft the ring, which is the second item in the quest. On the other hand I have plenty of unused tags. Yes I know I could buy them, but that much gold for something completely useless makes 0 sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Let it rain insignia! Seems like the concensus is after elites came the insignia drops got stingy. I'm not sure if it's because the traffic in regular maps is less, and insignia drop rate is reflective. Or something is amiss.

But yes. Majority of people who do choose to farm thy own are still stuck on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Ya,give Guard Bervel a daily quest.He's the only NPC that does nothing.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    That would be the drop system not the orc tag system. I hope there is a revamp of the loots in elite soon, a developer did post they were working on something special.

The dailies take some people effort others maybe not, same way 90 orc kills hardly takes some any effort.

I wasn't talking about the dailies, rather the elite repeatable, isn't that what the OP is about?

There is no time limit, since besides the daily you have a repeatable quest, which although lame doesn't have a waiting period (hence no time limitation).

Think of a new players point of view? Not fair, on people who spent the last 2 months diligently doing dailies. If it were to be "think about new players" I should say let's take away everyone's gold since I just started and I want an equal footholding(orc tags is kind of a currency). Not to mention I doubt any new player will be investing in the glintstone set when there's a ton of better and cheaper stuff to obtain.

What do you mean "the 2 orc tag repeatable will hardly make a difference in number of tags"? It makes a world of difference, run that map 20 times a day and you now have 200 tags, that's a decent amount. Not good enough hence why I suggested an elite boss repeatable. A 4 orc tag repeatable that is obtainable every 3 runs IMO is decent enough and not game changing enough to be spilt ink on the efforts of the diligent daily doers.i h ave a tooooon of orc tags from dailies, and the nomerite armour left the reason I'm not doing the last part is the ingredients are expensive and a decent way to earn some money, and the set isn't really worth the gold I spend on it now, and I have decent gear doubt anyone without decent gear will be going for glintstone, so its not about the new player rather about the player who is new to the dailies.
    90 orc kills do take effort. That's 2 maps per quest - the payout for it does not show compared to the other quests (which, mind you, do not even require elites to be completed).

What do Orc Tags buy? As far as I know, they're relatively worthless in terms of gold value except if you purchase gold chests with them. Even then, they barely bring in good income. You cannot compare gold to Orc tag currency, sorry.

There's no helm or armor better than the glinstone set either, so yes, any player that wants to be hardcore is basically forced to wait at least 2 months before getting there. At least, with planar pendent, you could farm essences at a decent pace.

To complete an elite Orc tag quest, it's roughly 15-18 minutes per quest. That time will increase with Thursday's update. All this for a measly 2 Orc tags? It should be at least 5.

Lastly, wether you can afford the set or not bears no relevance to the topic at hand. The point is, those that want the set should not be forced to wait 30 or so days to complete just the legendary set (and then another unknown amount of days for the mythic set). If they want to grind the Orc tags out, there should be quests that cater to that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

The general consensus is primarily with the horrible drop rates of insignias.

For future crafting questlines, here's my suggestion.

-Implement a high ingredient requirement like 1000.
    -Have the bosses drop guaranteed ingredients (non-tradeable)

Players will reach the quest based on personal dedication and hard work, not RNG luck or spending gold.

Even then, if the set is not worth the time, then all of these suggestions will have less potency.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

we asked for farmable mythics in a long grind and we got exactly that. it s a longtime goal and there s nothing wrong with that. what' s wrong in my opinion is the fact that no other good loot drops from these maps to make it worthwhile til we achieved the goal.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    we asked for farmable mythics in a long grind and we got exactly that. it s a longtime goal and there s nothing wrong with that. what' s wrong in my opinion is the fact that no other good loot drops from these maps to make it worthwhile til we achieved the goal.
    The thing is though - it's not a grind, it's a waiting game. A grind would be the blacksmoke elite weapons (Enegizeric knows what I'm talking about. Only those who were willing to put in the effort got the items - not people who played daily quests for 45 minutes a day).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    The general consensus is primarily with the horrible drop rates of insignias.

For future crafting questlines, here's my suggestion.

-Implement a high ingredient requirement like 1000.
    -Have the bosses drop guaranteed ingredients (non-tradeable)

Players will reach the quest based on personal dedication and hard work, not RNG luck or spending gold.

Even then, if the set is not worth the time, then all of these suggestions will have less potency.
    For me insignias drop pretty well. However, the past week players have been doing elite only maps which could explain the shortage. I think the insignias should drop in elite maps as well?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The thing is though - it's not a grind, it's a waiting game. A grind would be the blacksmoke elite weapons (Enegizeric knows what I'm talking about. Only those who were willing to put in the effort got the items - not people who played daily quests for 45 minutes a day).
    Blacksmoke elite items are probably the best elite quests that STS has put into any of their games. If STS were to implement something along the lines of that quest it would be great. Sadly however, Pocket Legends was much better in terms of the community not expecting everyone deserves everything, and I feel a quest like this would have many people freaking out like they do with Shady 'n Surge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Blacksmoke elite items are probably the best elite quests that STS has put into any of their games. If STS were to implement something along the lines of that quest it would be great. Sadly however, Pocket Legends was much better in terms of the community not expecting everyone deserves everything, and I feel a quest like this would have many people freaking out like they do with Shady 'n Surge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Well if these types of things are available to everyone and not just the 24/7 players or plat whales, people would actually try for it.