Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | September 2, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Novyaj Zeanreh View Post
    It would be awesome if new mythic lvl 46 can be ...."TRADABLE"....so everyone won't think they're wasting thier time running elites just to get the recipes. Then, once you complete all the recipes for one mythic the time crafting would be same as "Nekro" 5 days
    No,new mythics shouldn't be tradeable.Just no.
    And you don't need a recipe for new mythics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

pls mak mythic lvl36 tradeable..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ternuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Hahaha...Extraordinary job STS.

Elite Ren'gol is now a combination of highest costs and lowest earnings ever. Terrible low droprate of runes and fangs also.

And why: Cause a handful players cried "to easy - everybody can"??

I think u missed the goal with this changes. I stop farming for mystquest in this elitemaps for a while.

I hope u will change something soon.

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hartholzwurm For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Sorry, STS, you're losing our faith here. This is a list of things which have repeatedly been brought up by players this expansion. I will not lay out how to address them, since that has also been discussed, and should be self-explanatory in any case.

~ What happened to primary stat jewels supposed to be dropping in elites?

~ Where are the elite legendaries?

~ Where are the elite chests?

~ The risk/reward and time/effort/reward ratios are extremely far off base this season. There is little to no incentive for players.

~ The orcslayer legendaries take well over a month to earn unless you are very lucky, yet the stats are far below those of the crate legendaries.

~ The orc tags are limited on how many you can get per day, unless you count the 2 tags you can get every few hours if you do nothing but run the ren'gol elite maps.

~ This repeatable quest is completely self-defeating, since elites do not have any insignia drops. Now you increase the time/effort/cost required to do this quest which was already a ridiculous amount of effort for only 2 tags?

~ I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses.

~ Also suggest adding the ingots as possible drops so people aren't reliant on orc tags / dailies for any progress toward their goals.

~ We need farmable items we can sell. These long high-effort quests for items that we can't make money on are discouraging at the very least, especially when we get no elite chests to sell or even jewels of any value in the meantime.

I made an effort over the weekend to actually play this content and get into it. After an hour or two each time, I found myself thinking "why am I wasting my time doing this?" and logged out again. I can't farm the jewels I need, I can't loot insignias to save my life, and I can't bring myself to run the same map or two nonstop in a futile effort for untradeable gear below the stats of that which I am already wearing. These are complaints I hear repeatedly from others as well.

Bump good posts. I feel no one at sts reads these threads any more and constructive feedback is lost amid the continuous post of useless bitching.

Since season 1, before I go to work, i have logged in every morning with a cup of coffee to knock out dailies and such. When i came home from work i would log on again to knock out dailies on my other toons. After dinner I would log in again and play till Mr. Sandman called my name.
    With the release of Garetta my daily al routine dwindled down to my mage and rogue and i retired my Frankenstein warrior. With the release of elite ren'gol i have retired my mage, i do not log in with my morning coffee, i might log in after work for a tiny bit, and i might log in at the end of my day, and if i do, it wont be for long.

Producer's need to communicate and give us something to work towards. When i say us i mean those of us that have jobs or attend school and pushed money at you through plat purchase to stay compettive with the ones that had the luxury of playing all day every day.

Baamm! Nuff said!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!
    For the upcoming event (whenever that is) I would like to suggest something for the Platinum Tier reward. The platinum tier reward can be a recipe (unstashable and untradable) for a new jewel.

A lot of people complain about the damage coming from paracelsus stones. But Para gems give only flat damage. To counter para-gem geared players, one could use chaos jewels (dmg) combined with a 'new event jewel' that significantly increases both HP and MP . One can say that Nature Jewels and Water jewels are around already. But these jewels when used one by one sacrifice multiple gem slots for so less hp and mana that they are seen as useless by the majority of us. The new event jewel can be a combined stat jewel based on health and mana that does provide an alternative to high damage builds because of the high hp and mp that it will give.

A lot of people also complain about the uselessness of Water and Nature jewels. So back to the recipe for the new event jewel. The recipe may utilise Nature and Water jewels to craft the new event jewel, so that these currently "useless" jewels may have some value, even if for a limited time.

As for the stats of the suggested new event jewel, what is a significant amount (100 hp and 100 mp? 200? 75? 250?) to make a difference and counter para damage, can be decided only by devs and the community. And should it be stackable? I dont know. Guess someone can figure out a way for it to make it game-changing and yet not extremely OP.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 09-04-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    1.I ran all maps once in solo. Indeed the damage of some mobs seems buffed quite a bit. I died quite a few times, which is significantly more than the 0 times the first i ran through when they were released . Some of the attacks will be certain one hits in a full pt.
    Pls hit me up ig, I would like to see how you play.
    Ign: Missthepoint

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Tindirin release was decent. The maps were fun to run and difficult enough you couldnt sleep walk through the zone. When we got to the boss we streached our fingers, took a cleansing breath, and went in for the kill or be killed battle. The fun part was the challenge of killing the boss before he killed you.

The red dragon was the most fun because it was more than rogues/mages runnig in circles and warrior standing at boss. You had to time your skills and pet and not mindlessly use them just when they were ready. We cheered when the red dragon was dead and laughed with screams of damnit when we died.

In addition to the fun fight we held our breath in anticipation of hollering TOOTH (or damnit). If we ran the regular map we had a chance of that elusive tooth, if we ran an elite map we had a Better chance of the elusive tooth.

Ren'gol release... normal maps were fun because they were different than other releases so we didn't feel we were running the same thing as always with just a new coat of paint. The jewel drop rate was ok in the beginning as was the Insignia drop. Until Ursoth event hit. We expected less jewels during Ursoth because there were essence drops, this inconvenience we were used too. After Ursoth was over the jewel drop didnt go back to normal and the Insignia drops were ridiculously low.

However, we knew from Tindirin that when elites were released we would have a better chance at Insignia and jewels would still drop during elite runs (jwls drop in elite tin, stands to reason they would drop in elite Ren). So we kept cranking along collecting jwls and hoping for an Insig drop knowing sooner or later elite ren would hit and our odds could improve.

The major disappointment with Elite Ren'gol is not the ease or dificulty of the mobs and boss, nor the elitel loot for selling farming, nor the seemingly unattainable 10 year long quest of creating mythic gear, or the disappoint stats of the mythic gear.

The major disappointment is the COMPLETE disconnect between ren and elite Ren. We didnt get a better chance at an insignia, we got a worse chance at a rune. We didnt still have jwl drops at all we had maybe a chance every 5 maps if lucky for a fang. Now our guilds are split, those needing fangs and those needing insignia. Ren'gol is a failure because there is no connection to the story line.

1. Orc gear should have been a requiremnet to the crafting of mythic.
    2. Insignia should have been one of the bulk items to craft mythic with a better chance of drop at the elite boss than the normal boss
    3. Rune could still be an ingredient for mythic crafting but instead of another drop, purchasable by orc tags (like the mythic relic, story line continuity)
    4. Fangs could still be an ingredient for the crafting of mythic but more like event essences so that in an elite run the mob drop would be either a jewel or a fang.
    5. Time for work, i may edit at lunch if i think of anything

You asked for an example of what worked in our mind and this has been my attempt at a comparison. I hope this os a help to those at sts and they will be willing to revamp/rebuild Ren'gol. Trust me, we wouldnt mind a restart if it meant really fixing this national disaster of a release.

(So sorry for all the typos i will fix it when i have time)
    Last edited by Sfubi; 09-04-2015 at 07:49 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cmon give us egg hunt event
    I love that event:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hartholzwurm View Post
    Hahaha...Extraordinary job STS.

Elite Ren'gol is now a combination of highest costs and lowest earnings ever. Terrible low droprate of runes and fangs also.

And why: Cause a handful players cried "to easy - everybody can"??

I think u missed the goal with this changes. I stop farming for mystquest in this elitemaps for a while.

I hope u will change something soon.

True that Eventually those who cried that the elites were to easy would basically feel the effects soon when prices go up since no one is farming anymore and sell 'em :P Just sayin'.... hope STS would reconsider

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anynna For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    When you put out new gear that's inferior to old gear, the price of the ingredients to craft the new gear is never going to be high enough to justify farming and selling them. The only incentive to farm in this scenario is for collectors and completionists (or those curious about the set bonus, which is more a of a curiosity than anything).

In other words, you set yourself up for failure. Even the slightest buff to the helmet and armor would make all the difference in the world. I'm trying to say this as kindly as possible. I think it's a very fair critique.

My own theory is that you are trying to reduce player damage and health and increase player armor to make warriors relevant in PvE. If that's your goal, it's not going to work since the old gear is still around and farmable. If your goal really is to fix warriors, do it right and fix aggro.
    Bump great post. Plz read above STG

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Thanks for the response G-M. Appreciate it. I was being facetious in turn - I do actually have a sense of humour, contrary to popular belief.

As far as drop rates, everyone seems to agree that primary stat jewels are not dropping at all, and insignia drop rates are extremely low. We're asking for reasonable rates. 20-30 runs without either an insignia or jewel is not a reasonable drop rate. That would mean I need to do over 2000/3000 runs for the orcslaying set, and will not make a noble gem in the rest of my natural life.

Mostly though, we are asking for insignias and primary stat gems to be available in more than just the ren'gol normal maps. It's not about me wanting insignias yesterday, and being lazy. I think my track record proves I never ask for easy. In fact, I'm not even suggesting putting the items in normal maps, but in scaled elite maps in other areas of the game.

Having to run the same dungeon all day long is akin to being stuck in a cubicle in an office all day. There is a reason I don't work in a cubicle - I can't stand seeing and doing the same thing all day long every day. I'm sure as a developer you can relate.

As far as other seasons, I think Nordr is a good example of something that worked well. Those daggers were fun to farm. Not common enough to lose value, but not so rare that we felt frustrated farming. Same for the warrior weapon that season.
    Bump again very relevant and great ideas. Please read above STG.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I agree with adding legendary weapons (and armour) but disagree with the comment regarding stats. Season-start crate gear is just that - starter gear. It is what you buy so you have enough stats (barely) to handle the new elites so you can start farming and get your elite gear. This formula has worked for 5 expansions, so I don't know why they are fixing something that ain't broke. This defines the direction of the game and ensures people always have something better / something of value to farm for.

Elite legendary is always much better than the crate gear that starts the season. That is why people are frustrated. We waited all this time eager for elites - and the reason we were eager for elites is that we were expecting elite gear to be released so we could farm and make money. Nobody I know is going to farm enhanced difficulty maps for 2 extra damage over starter gear.

The damage gaps in the past - like the 150 damage gap between legendary and arcane players last season - were ridiculous, but we are now at the other end of that spectrum where crate legendaries are the best, the farmable legendary / mythic sets are both untradeable and have lower stats, and there are no elite legendaries at all.

Stats should be applied to gear as follows:

Farmable Mythic > Elite Legendary >= Craftable legendary > Event gear > Normal map legendary = Crate Gear
    Bump please read this. This is critical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sorry, STS, you're losing our faith here. This is a list of things which have repeatedly been brought up by players this expansion. I will not lay out how to address them, since that has also been discussed, and should be self-explanatory in any case.

~ What happened to primary stat jewels supposed to be dropping in elites?

~ Where are the elite legendaries?

~ Where are the elite chests?

~ The risk/reward and time/effort/reward ratios are extremely far off base this season. There is little to no incentive for players.

~ The orcslayer legendaries take well over a month to earn unless you are very lucky, yet the stats are far below those of the crate legendaries.

~ The orc tags are limited on how many you can get per day, unless you count the 2 tags you can get every few hours if you do nothing but run the ren'gol elite maps.

~ This repeatable quest is completely self-defeating, since elites do not have any insignia drops. Now you increase the time/effort/cost required to do this quest which was already a ridiculous amount of effort for only 2 tags?

~ I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses.

~ Also suggest adding the ingots as possible drops so people aren't reliant on orc tags / dailies for any progress toward their goals.

~ We need farmable items we can sell. These long high-effort quests for items that we can't make money on are discouraging at the very least, especially when we get no elite chests to sell or even jewels of any value in the meantime.

You ask us what do we want to see next? You want now ^^

I DONT want to see ill-conceived events, double exp during worst moments for game, and doubtful decisions like increase difficulty without improving rewards.
    I want to see scaling up old elites with good loot, less random loot, high-grade jewels in my equipment (not low-grade in inventory), MYTHIC set (not that sh*t), stabilization of ratio efforts / reward.
    Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Wow, even thought I haven't capped my fighter yet, a 2X XP weekend just isn't enough to convince me to log in again.
    Pretty much just check these announcements every week to see if there is something worth logging in for.
    Are there any events happening soon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

INteressant....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Wow, even thought I haven't capped my fighter yet, a 2X XP weekend just isn't enough to convince me to log in again.
    Pretty much just check these announcements every week to see if there is something worth logging in for.
    Are there any events happening soon?
    I think they will do an event in Halloween.. I wish!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ahhh now maps are too hard k was in map today with my friends and they aall are pro with 800+ damage and 900 dps.
    2 rouges 1 mage
    And i have 8.9k hp and 2.9k armor without any buff..
    And i love that you increased mobs for the boss spam but the elites are too hard now not for me or for good built players
    But what about who dont have rings planer pendent and nekros..
    I mean its too hard for them to run a single map it is taking 15 -17 mins now for a perfect party cause of high hp of mobs and need too many of them..
    We ask for nerf boss spam rate not increase the mobs hp and damage..
    I mean a trul can 1 hit me but how...
    What if a tank have 7.5-8 k hp and 2.5-2.6k armor..
    He can even 1 hit me with nekro shield on then how can average player will survive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Orc brute one hit dps with normal attack, idk maybe warriors too with critical, orc.gladiator shielded himself when in normal no, idk if this is intended or no but add shield to shielder is just meh..only make the run longer, we kill more mobs than normal map to spawning the boss, If u said before whatever the pugs they can run elite rengol content, but now much harder only well organized maxed party can do it smoothly (with spamming tons of ankhs ofc lol), with no other loot beside "mythic" ingredients seems like run the new elite rengol is not worth it except challenge (hello ?) and 90% of ppl cant ( harder ) make their mythic set too, pls look into this issue again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

New updates makes the elite runs just right. Now they need to add reasonable loots to farm them.

But, they made normal map tooooo easy, it's similar to km3. Now all those people who whine can farm insignias easy now.

Keep the drops rate as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    New updates makes the elite runs just right. Now they need to add reasonable loots to farm them.

But, they made normal map tooooo easy, it's similar to km3. Now all those people who whine can farm insignias easy now.

Keep the drops rate as is.
    Just right? Now it takes forever to finish the map and for what, a small chance at an item worth 55k?