Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sigh..... I don't care anymore

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Grammar isn't what annoys me 9 out of 10 times. It's the abbreviations. Words such as: "Abt 'about', kw 'know', y 'yes'." The last one especially, I always think they mean 'why' and not 'yes'. It's completely normal that we aren't all grammar nazis and that we can't all be equally as good at language, but at least making an effort to seem prideful is very important to me. I don't know which schools, colleges/universities that you go/went to, but in my school we are taught general linguistics. Language is power. Just look at the UK's segregation of class difference for an example. So, it honestly is estranging to me why people would change their language to abbreviations and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Grammar nazis lol, criticize a non english speaker for typing in english(which has many but understandable mistakes) when you can write in their language.

Until then give em a break.
    About this, I just want to say that, for me, English is my second language and I speak and write it fluently because I put effort into learning what I believe is important. What is hindering me from learning another one? In fact, English is one of the more difficult languages to learn because each and every rule (almost) has an exception. Opposed to German, my third language, where everything is put in boxes and the only thing that irks you is the fact that nouns have genders. It just isn't viewed as such because it's the globalized language. The English dictionary is also rather large compared to other dictionaries, take Danish for example.

Albeit, any individual has the right to express themselves in one form or another, whether it be formally or informally. We cannot criticize people for acting and speaking informally with their friends as human nature implies safety and little need for a show of power in the company of friends.
    Last edited by Soundlesskill; 09-25-2015 at 03:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post: