506 Posts

More effort=better gear=many people playing=more money for sts

More effort=worse gear=forum lurking only=less money for sts

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Orcslayer > crate pinks = less rengol crate opening = primary farming item devaluation. I'm not saying I'm very fond of the situation either, just putting this here.

Regarding the mythic L46 set, I think it's alright. Statistically, it has the stat capacity to be better than all previous gear, provided it's properly gemmed. Their plan involves limiting the wild stat growth and instead enhancing other areas of the items (eg. new arcane pets focusing on AA over raw stats, new mythic having a powerful skill perk instead of raw stat addition). It's fine though, not everyone is able to understand "y new myth same stat with old".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Statistically, it has the stat capacity to be better than all previous gear, provided it's properly gemmed.
    Did you checked this thread? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ear+comparison
    there is a gear comparison at the bottom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Did you checked this thread? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ear+comparison
    there is a gear comparison at the bottom.
    Assuming you're comparing mixed sets (because pure L46 myth full set trades off HP for skill perk), the only thing that mythic combo lacks is crit (~5.65%) which is traded off with armor (~300). The extra HP/MP given by the mythic helm/body cover for most of the secondary stat losses. The extra two slots can very well cover the damage loss (from the -3 less primary and less INT) as well with primary stat jewels/gems.

IMO, it's not nearly as bad as people make it seem. The survivability boost is definitely worth it for a plain 6% crit loss when maxed rogues hit with 50-60% crit chance from the first aimed (45% + 10% from upgrade). That's even smaller in combat when you get to permanently keep crit up by 20% with spikes to 30%. That said, the crit trade off is probably harsher for warriors and mages. Plus the secondary stat loss isn't equally good for them - giving mana to mages is like emptying cups of water to a river.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Orcslayer > crate pinks = less rengol crate opening = primary farming item devaluation. I'm not saying I'm very fond of the situation either, just putting this here.
    I doubt this would be the case. The orcslayer set takes too much time to make. A lot of people wouldn't bother even if it was better. It is not tradable either, so if someone wants to "buy" gear, crate gear would still be the main option. All these insta-levellers and people's alts - nobody's going to do this quest on multiple toons. Not for a long time. So there would still be a market for crate pinks. Traditionally crate pinks are only good for the first month of the season anyways. Then elite legendaries come out. Now the crate pinks have been best for 3 months. Something that takes as much effort as these quest sets should be far better without question.

Assuming you're comparing mixed sets (because pure L46 myth full set trades off HP for skill perk), the only thing that mythic combo lacks is crit (~5.65%) which is traded off with armor (~300). The extra HP/MP given by the mythic helm/body cover for most of the secondary stat losses. The extra two slots can very well cover the damage loss (from the -3 less primary and less INT) as well with primary stat jewels/gems.

IMO, it's not nearly as bad as people make it seem. The survivability boost is definitely worth it for a plain 6% crit loss when maxed rogues hit with 50-60% crit chance from the first aimed (45% + 10% from upgrade). That's even smaller in combat when you get to permanently keep crit up by 20% with spikes to 30%. That said, the crit trade off is probably harsher for warriors and mages. Plus the secondary stat loss isn't equally good for them - giving mana to mages is like emptying cups of water to a river.
    Didn't I just hear you say 3 days ago "I'm not crafting it, it's not worth the effort"?
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-04-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Right on point.

As for 46 myth set - I don't find the rogue set bonus to be a powerful skill perk worth trading off for raw stats.

p.s. One more thing. More people farming = more ankhs and lixes used = more money for STS.
    Last edited by Tatman; 09-04-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I think the price of the current ingredients speaks volumes. The set isn't desirable. I myself will only be getting the helmet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I doubt this would be the case. The orcslayer set takes too much time to make. A lot of people wouldn't bother even if it was better. It is not tradable either, so if someone wants to "buy" gear, crate gear would still be the main option. All these insta-levellers and people's alts - nobody's going to do this quest on multiple toons. Not for a long time. So there would still be a market for crate pinks. Traditionally crate pinks are only good for the first month of the season anyways. Then elite legendaries come out. Now the crate pinks have been best for 3 months. Something that takes as much effort as these quest sets should be far better without question.

Didn't I just hear you say 3 days ago "I'm not crafting it, it's not worth the effort"?
    What was the last useful pink you got out of quest line apart from gleipnir? For whatever reasons, they didn't expect so many ren chests popped so the rarity of the best crate pinks wasn't designed to be this low. I'm not saying orc set couldn't and doesn't deserve a buff but expecting it to be better than or equal with the buffed imbued would throw off the pre-planned stat scaling even more.

And yeah, I did say it's not worth my time because I don't really play as much lately. Plus, I refuse to fork over all that gold for an untradeable set with bad stats I won't use that they forced on us out of lack of content as a content-chewing decelerator. Not going for it unless acquiring insignias is fixed. From a purely statistical approach though, it is very much worth it if you want the best overall stats possible.

So even if the effort required doesn't scale well nor mythic directly translates to "bes set evah for everythin" anymore, it's still more work = better gear. That was my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

What was the last useful pink you got out of quest line apart from gleipnir? For whatever reasons, they didn't expect so many ren chests popped so the rarity of the best crate pinks wasn't designed to be this low. I'm not saying orc set couldn't and doesn't deserve a buff but expecting it to be better than or equal with the buffed imbued would throw off the pre-planned stat scaling even more.

And yeah, I did say it's not worth my time because I don't really play as much lately. Plus, I refuse to fork over all that gold for an untradeable set with bad stats I won't use that they forced on us out of lack of content as a content-chewing decelerator. Not going for it unless acquiring insignias is fixed. From a purely statistical approach though, it is very much worth it if you want the best overall stats possible.

So even if the effort required doesn't scale well nor mythic directly translates to "bes set evah for everythin" anymore, it's still more work = better gear. That was my point.
    You're so much fun to tease Maddy.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Eh,i think its still not worth the effort. Im using now a forager potency armor bought for 20k from cs with reinforced gems, mythic barely better. Seems like a tradeoff to imbueds with eye gems and crate legendaries, but untradeable. I wont put expensive gems into untradeable gear, when i can sell imbued any time to twinks.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SHIELD Tablet-el