Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Connection Lost during patching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

by chance can it be the auto sleep mode? i tried a few times and got stuck like others. but this last time hwat i did was occassionally touch the volume button to prevent it from going to sleep and it work.. now i am in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it helps, I solved this issue by signing up for a free trial VPN account, and doing the client patches that didn't work through the VPN connection (my ISP has download caching issues causing it to get stuck, obviously).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tried and failed

I have tried all the things you have suggested in this thread. I am using an iTouch 3rd gen. I disabled all push notifications. I have good wifi signal(no problems with any other apps either.) this is the first time I have had any problems with this. It stops in different places , 1/4 - 3/4, of the way through on 004.
    Any thing else I can try? I live this game and buy plat to play.
    Please tell me how I can get back to playing soon.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Spacetime Studios Dev Awesomeness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Have you been able to try this on a different wifi network?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Have you been able to try this on a different wifi network?
    I have never had to use a different wifi before. I have gotten many other patches without issues before. I dont have access to one. I have read from others that new wifi accesses did not solve the issue.
    There must be another problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all, i had the same problem as you. but i just disabled wifi and used the EDGE net. I dont think you can update with wifi cus it is quite unstable.. just use 3G or EDGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm having the problem of patching on Android002.pak and it stucks there forever and then disconnected from server. I have tried to reinstall everything but the same thing goes on and on and on...
    Anyone here can help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I'm having the problem of patching on Android002.pak and it stucks there forever and then disconnected from server. I have tried to reinstall everything but the same thing goes on and on and on...
    Anyone here can help?
    I'm having the same problem with Android002.pak waiting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have this problem too it is very stressful, this game looks good and this should be fixed. I've tried reinstalling it, restarting my device (ipod touch btw), turning my wifi off and on & doing the push thing, and nothing works. I can't try anothe rocnnection because there isnt any other ones around. Please help me get past this becaue I really want to play.

Btw my device is jailbroken. :@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

need help here.. when receive iphone004.pak its stuck there then been disconnected from server... already tries it for 2 weeks now! even test it with other wifi router doesn't make any difference!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same issue as Shahrk but when it gets to the same spot in the iphone006.pak file it disconnects from server. What's the deal? A game w/ such great reviews shouldn't have this many issues. I haven't seen anything in this forum that has actually taken care of the problem. A solution/response would be great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings All.

I've started playing Pocket Legends 2 versions ago with my android 2.2 so I had to go through 2 updates already.
    The updates have 2 stages, one the download from the market and two the patching itself.

Every single time I get this situation:
    one - transfer from the market fails over and over again
    solution - i find the pak online from some charitable soul, download to my sd card and install it.

two - patching constantly fails trying to download android002.pak at around 80% every single time; tried different wifi, etc, all the solutions I could find online and nothing works
    solution - Ive found the solution and since I know what it is I use it every time the game is patched. The solution is RETRY! Yes i just keep doing the same procedure over and over again. Click login, watch the patch reach 80% and fail. Click login again....it worked after 30+ times. I know it will eventually work so I just keep doing it.

Now...this is a first in my 100+ apps android 2.1 and 2.2 experience so far so I'm betting...you have a problem Spacey dudes. I hope my little recount can help you.

Cheers
    Mori

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Anyone here can help?
    same question......who can help me??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am using Iphone4 for this game, and had the same issues when I was updating.
    By following your instruction, I turned push off, but it didn't help updating process, and I'd tried for many many times, and was always disconnect from the sever.
    Is there anybody know how to figure this out?
    Thanks a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This really must be a problem not related to the connection we use... so many people with the same problem... Im using Ipad and it also crashes patching on IPA002.PAK file always on same place... around 80%... strange...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I now tried reinstalling the app and worked for me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am now having the same problem, I have already uninstalled the apps, shut down the phone, and installed it again, and it is still stuck when downloading android002.pak

Has anybody found a solution to this, this thread has been here long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why i cant play PL untill now. im using ipod touch 8 gb. and use wifi connection, and my last update not like this. can someone give me solution? already try reinstall about 3 times, already turn off push option. and my wifi connection is good. thanks for your understanding because im level 50 now and need level to 55

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just FixIt

If the developers put a cancel option on the patch screen, it might make it less frustrating. Having to wait 2-3 minutes each tim the patch freezes quickly makes this game not worth the trouble. There's obviously a design flaw if so many clients are having a similar problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ipone002.pak or something 80~90% stuck.
    Tried right next to wifi router 6mbps internet speed.
    Tried disabling everything.
    tried downloading app throught pc and ipod touch 4th gen
    NOTHING WORKS!
    reinstalled like 10 times. Can't even remember how many times i uninstalled..
    HELPPPPPPPP!!