Thread: How to earn Free Platinum! An Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Default How to earn Free Platinum! An Idea

So in many other games I see two features that Pocket Legends seem to lack.
    One feature will probably make Pocket Legends more popular, the creation of in-game guilds and such.
    Why?
    Because of a community.
    The reason why so many games are effective in becoming popular and having a good community is because they have CONTACT IN GAME WITH OTHER PLAYERS.
    That is the main reason for a MMO(Massively Played Online Game).
    Now what sets Pocket Legends apart from any other iPhone/iPod/Android App so far?
    Sure, you cannot compare PL to CPU games because they have more data to work on and can make games far more advanced than PL, but with iDevices and small handheld consoles, the reason that PL so so successful, is in my opinion, because of their online contact feature.
    Let's say we had a version of PL that only had a single player feature. This means you play the whole game yourself. Nobody else to come and talk to.
    I've played several games like that. And I eventually beat the whole game within the first day I start and quit it easily. But there is something in those games that PL lacks which makes me check on them once in a while, but I'll save that for a bit later.
    Many people like to have someone to talk to, when they're bored, or if they don't have many people to talk to in real life. I myself know someone who plays a game, and the only reason they play is because they don't have to talk to anyone in real life. This person I know barely has any friends, and isn't very popular. And so he plays Pocket Legends and since he doesn't know anyone from online, he feels like he belongs with the community and feels great grinding and hanging out at Forest Haven.
    So the reason for success of Pocket Legends, I believe, is
    Because they have online features and there is an actual community
    And this goes on with a few ideas I thought about.
    So I was thinking, in another game, there was a mail feature and a AFK(away from keyboard=Basically meaning you just leave PL on and walk away to do other stuff) shop feature and other stuff located in one main town. This town is called Elias on anothergame and it's the home of many things. Basically, all kinds of levels hang out there and just have fun. There's more free access there and free access means more moving around and options of UI.
    I know forest haven is kind of like this, but I was thinking of a more IMPROVED version of it where all levels can go, and because you see that all towns are free now, add CS to Forest Haven and introduce different ideas such as A mail feature and Afk shops.
    And now I'd like to say the reason the other game didn't make me quit completely.
    It was because they had one online feature that I love the most.
    Guilds.
    They're like a buddy list except even more family-like.
    And I just love being the leader of one.
    One thing the other game lacked too was a chat.
    So basically it's like you have 5 chat options.
    You click on one in PL before you type a message.
    Options are:
    Speaker: let's everyone around you hear, like the furred one we use
    Buddy!(WANT WANT WANT!) switch to this to talk to your entire buddy list
    Guild: YES WANTWANT Switch tothis to talk to your entire guild
    Party: switch to this to talk to your entire party, during a dungeon
    Whisper: switch to this and type in the name of the receiver than the message

And hopefully the reason for the topic name,
    Why not make an achievements list
    Such as get acheievements and get free prizes like platinum
    And for these achievements, have ones unlockable by number of kills or deaths or PVP stats
    Or even having a character be a specific level or class
    Or even for reaching 56!
    This goes on and on and on.

And now why did I make this topic?
    Because when someone has nothing to think about while lying in bed for 3-4 hours
    Because they have impossible-to-sleep disease, they think about random stuff
    And when that happens they need to get it out of their head.
    So here's my idea.
    Read it, comments on it, hopefully it'll get implemented.
    Oh yeah, and maybe a little secret hidden quest chain/teaser dungeon for those who reach 56?
    And I to___________
    U jelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Big wall of text makes me not want to read.

Tl;dr
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!