Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End game? (My thoughts)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pocket legends got a little, sweet grafic style and i like the camera look from above. For a small phone display perfect made.
    More Endcontent/PvP and PL will become for a long time number 1.
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

A good example of the things you have pointed is Grand Chase, PC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm just suggesting this for the long team future of the mmo. Players like to have high replay value.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    But Moar, the point-of-view you are taking is that it's about "beating the new content". If that's your goal, of course you're done in short order. I feel that's too easy a goal. Even I can beat the new content in a day, hehehe. Have you taken a team of level 25s into the new level 21-25 content? Because I think you'd be a little more challenged. We've also been talking about trying to put together a team of level 21s and 22s to take on the new content.

I'm saying, sometimes you have to take the initiative and change the difficulty parameters yourself.

And I disagree with Bearded, too, about the look of the new items. The crystalline stuff isn't to my taste but the onyx just rocks (pardon my obvious pun!)
    Snake, I've collected just about every str/dex item at most lvls and have twinks at least every 5 levels. I pulled just about as much as you can out of this game. To say create another character and try the same lvls with the appropriate level character is not a fix for the lack of end game content; which I've already done countless times.

As far as reused gear. My example for this campaign would be the crystalline shield and the earthquake cap.
    Last edited by BeardedBear; 05-10-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Have you been able to farm level 36 to 40 Osiris Str, Horus Dex, and Isis Int items? It's almost impossible. People use these items for dual twinks. You can't farm them in cozy little corridors where your bear clusters up the mobs so you can just mow them down. You have to run around the sand where the mobs are all spread out. People don't play there (AO1) except to level. A team of bored level cappers could farm a week and only get a few of these. I just don't know why they aren't more expensive.
    Me and Bearpire (conradin) did Alien Oasis with lvl 20s. Let me dig for a screen shot, I may still have one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romgar1 View Post
    There could certainly be some tweaks made in pve to make things moar challenging or moar fun, but I think the next big push for the Devs should be pvp and guilds. If pvp has rewards(such as items, gold, and pvp only gear) and rankings that change if you lose or win( like rank that shows up in stats), half the people will spend hours and days in pvp. As for guilds, social networking is at the heart of mmo's. The Devs do an outstanding job communicating with us. Compare the feedback you get from other games I dare you. However, I say again, if you want pocket legends or b* to be at the top of the mobile games of the year again, make pvp big and empower and encourage good forms of socization in game.
    Hit the nail on the head^

Also guess some elite-dungeons or hard-mode could easily done seeing as dungeons are actually INSTANCES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

ah well... just trying to come up with ideas...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ah well... just trying to come up with ideas...

"I'm saying, sometimes you have to take the initiative and change the difficulty parameters yourself."
    Agree, self-handicap just set the challenge yourself. Guess it's a bit like trying to work with a large chocolate muffin on your desk, tho'?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Since I can't play the "other" game right now, I'll tune in on this.

I don't see myself getting bored of O&C any time soon. And this is why:

1.So much to explore. Everything looks different. It's exciting to come across something you haven't seen before. And I've wandered across areas with my second character that I missed on my first. With PL, you're running the same instances over and over ad nauseum.

2. Tons and TONS of quests that give lots of xp and perfectly good items. Can you get better items by looting? Of course. But you'll do just fine with the quest items. And no need to really grind bc the quests give you enough xp to progress (so far. I'm lvl 33 so can't talk about the later content).

3. Guild and guild chat. Instead of only being able to talk to one person or your dungeon team, you can chat with all your friend's at once. Ask the for help or offer help. It just makes the game really feel like an MMO. You can solo and just occasionally talk, or find people in the guild who want to join you.

4. Pets. They do nothing for your stats but they look so godd*** adorable, I couldn't help but farm for hours for one lil pet. I'm trying not to slow my progression down too much right now so I can keep up with friends, but I predict myself doing a lot of pet farming at endgame.

5. Crafting. Yes, their crafting system is flawed, but it's much closer to what crafting SHOULD be than PL's. You gather materials from mobs (and/or dig for ores) and then buy a recipe to make stuff. While not everything is worthwhile, the crafting has given me little goals to reach. And personally, I enjoy making things for others who need it. It's added another dimension to the game. The frustrating part of crafting comes with the parts that are similar to PL's -- where you need a specific rare ingredient to make an item. So you haveto farm like crazy for it. Didn't like that in PL, and not anhuge fan of it in O&C (maybe will be glad to have it, tho, when I reach endgame -- something else to farm for). I was excited about PL's crafting for about 5 min, while O&C's has kept me excited enough to so far reach Professional smithing.

Now, I'm not saying O&C is perfect by any means (hell, I can't even play righ now). The player killing is ruining the game for a lot of people.
    But there are so many things to DO. I don't go on and say "let me farm that raid roach set." It's more like "omg there's so many things I WANT to do, I don't know which to do first." It's why, despite how many hours I put into it, I'm progressing fairly slowly. I'm just enjoying the ride.

PL needs to add more depth if it wants to compete. Especially now that it's free. People don't even have to pay to discover that nothing really changes all that much from map to map.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 05-10-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    Well, personally I have found my self bored with pocket legends because the lack of endgame content. Many gamers like my self play games because of the competition between others to be the best in the game. Unfortunately when I play pocket legends I do not feel that " gamer high" when doing the content that has been released. I understand that the gaming audience is targeted to the teen crowd but the game is too "easy" to get the best gear, and the dungeons are easy. (All dungeons can be completed by any player, all you need is enough time to get through it.)

The fun in MMORPGS is to make friends with fellow gamers and try to achieve become the best player you can be as well as help others.

Suggestion:

There needs to be some sort of endgame content that takes more than 5 min to beat.

The pink gear that you obtain should take weeks. The point of a mmorpg is to progress though time building your character up to better.

Also some sort of modified ranking system. Currently the leader boards are useless. It takes no skill to get on them, it only takes time farming lower level content.... (No skill)

Also GCD was a step in the right direction in making the game feel more like a mmo because no players need to actually a little bit when casting spells.

Thats all I wanted to say. I really like the STS gaming community(no harsh feeling) and those are my thoughts. Feel free criticize. :P

Well said. I've been thinking along these lines for awhile. Pocket Legends is a great game, the best out there in the App store in my opinion. Graphics are great, tons of items, bosses, ect. But i must agree, it is quite easy. I agree that there needs to be some difficulty in reaching the top. I think we are starting to get closer with the release of Balefort Sewers, but it was still not enough. Still to easy. I must also agree with the Leaderboards comment, there needs to be some improvement with that system.

Overall great feedback and i totally agree, and i think PL will get better and better as time goes on...and ill be there the whole way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fawayleik View Post
    Since 2 weeks i do mainly pvp, and i love it. If there is no room in a game i do several runs and do some trades in cs.
    I hope the new lvlupgrade to 61 will bring a us some challanging elitedungeons. And many new pinks and sets.
    Pvp, xp and pink farming, cs, thats all what i need xD
    Is there going to be a new lvl cap? or did you just mentioned it because u want it?
    i do agree that a new dungeon with new pinks and new sets and a very high difficulty lvl would be nice!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

it only boring if you make it boring make an objective and do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pink gear that you obtain should take weeks.
    I agree that you are crazy. Saying a game achievement should take longer on purpose, is saying you should feel more entitled to something if you waste more of your life away getting it.
    Already, I think it is hard to get some of the best loot. The challenge of the game is to defeat really hard bosses, in as short a time as possible. Not spend crazy time grinding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudiz View Post
    I agree that you are crazy. Saying a game achievement should take longer on purpose, is saying you should feel more entitled to something if you waste more of your life away getting it.
    Already, I think it is hard to get some of the best loot. The challenge of the game is to defeat really hard bosses, in as short a time as possible. Not spend crazy time grinding.
    Your definition of challenge does not necessarily apply to everyone else...everyone has their own definition of challenge, or how they enjoy the game.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Actually, that's how games (rpgs especially) work. The more time you spend on it, the faster you get to where you want to be. How else should it be? Someone who plays one hour a week should be able to achieve the same things at the same time as someone who puts in five hours a day?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudiz View Post

And these bosses are easy. Like I said before, all content can be done if you have enough time irl. No real skill/awareness is needed. I got my bear to level 50 without dying / or being powerleveled.. Im just saying that this game does a great job for the quick mmo fix that players may need but for the long term future of the game some players find the gameplay repeative. A set in stone goal would be great on how to "beat" the game. (I know you can never beat an mmo)

I remember awhile back that STS said that they intended the game to be a pick up and play game but they found many of there customers playing hours at a time. I think STS should spend time revamping endgame rather that updating older content.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, personally I have found my self bored with pocket legends because the lack of endgame content. Many gamers like my self play games because of the competition between others to be the best in the game. Unfortunately when I play pocket legends I do not feel that " gamer high" when doing the content that has been released. I understand that the gaming audience is targeted to the teen crowd but the game is too "easy" to get the best gear, and the dungeons are easy. (All dungeons can be completed by any player, all you need is enough time to get through it.)

The fun in MMORPGS is to make friends with fellow gamers and try to achieve become the best player you can be as well as help others.

Suggestion:

There needs to be some sort of endgame content that takes more than 5 min to beat.

The pink gear that you obtain should take weeks. The point of a mmorpg is to progress though time building your character up to better.

Also some sort of modified ranking system. Currently the leader boards are useless. It takes no skill to get on them, it only takes time farming lower level content.... (No skill)

Also GCD was a step in the right direction in making the game feel more like a mmo because no players need to actually a little bit when casting spells.

Thats all I wanted to say. I really like the STS gaming community(no harsh feeling) and those are my thoughts. Feel free criticize. :P
    i want to see endgame to but space time prob wont make it. PL is a fast pace game

But then agen , fast pace for people who do dung and hardcore endgame for people on ipad at home to raid very hard boss's? you would prob have more people playing for longer times and spending more money on the game that way :P
    D=