Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elixir Changes Coming in Version 1.7.2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Thanks so much! No separate speed pot anymore, though, just Trash Can Punch? Or am I reading the spreadsheet wrong?
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

nice.......
    Last edited by Register; 05-13-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Not sure if these questions have been answered:
    If you switch characters, does the elixir switch to the new character?
    If not, will it be back (minus the time on the other character) when you switch back?
    If you are DCd and come back, will the elixir still be there?
    If you log off and come back, will the elixir still be there (minus the time you were logged off)?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anglfyr View Post
    40 platinum is it really worth spending just for the 3x potions?

IMHO, 40 plat for elixir is only worth it if youre leveling up.. its not worth it for boosting kills bec wen u level on balefort hideout (1st dungeon) - you will only get 30-40 kills per run. Its impossible if you want to improve your k/d ratio (when ur lvl 53 and up) and for armor.. I dnt think we need 3x armor when farming gold fever and etc because they are very easy now to kill. What do you guys think?
    I think the approach to the pricing needs to be changed. The way it is, if the majority of players even think about paying 40 plat then they won't sit there buying them all day. I don't see myself personally paying 40 plat even for something I get to keep forever (vanity hats are 10-15 plat?). Lower the prices and change a one time deal into something players will buy daily. Either that or make them last longer. This will be the only thing in game that has the potential to generate daily plat usage daily by a large amount of players. I could see myself paying 20 plat for elixirs a day while leveling if they last me most of the day. Who knows maybe one day I would use 40 plat, but as it stands I wouldn't even think about paying that much for 30 minutes.

When elixirs were coins only, 90% of the people I was with were using them. Now I've seen one person using an elixir since the change. So pricing is a huge deal. Not even thinking about player approval, if you look at it from a business perspective you'll see a few things. First, 3x damage is huge. Players wouldn't mind paying for a luxury like that. I just think this is a little too ambitious. I see more money and happier players from a majority of the players paying a lower price almost daily than a few hundred paying a higher price a few times a month. The main spine wasn't made free for no reason. They stand to make a great deal more money if they change income to something that can be purchased over and over again compared to a map where you only pay one time.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #85
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

We keep track of elixirs per character in real-world time. If you buy a 30 minute, then log out for 25 minutes, when you log in, you'll have 5 minutes left. Disconnects, character switches, etc. are all considered log outs.

We are, however, going to automatically refund elixirs purchased for Platinum that have not expired due to server downtime. So, if you buy a 30 minute elixir, and then 10 minutes later you get a message the server is going down in 5 minutes, you'll have your full Platinum amount refunded. We don't need to do this for gold because we give 5 minute warnings on server shutdown, gold elixirs are only 5 minutes, and you can't buy an elixir during the shutdown period.

We decided to keep the elixir list small to start with. The pure luck and pure speed ones weren't selling as much as the others.

Prices are what we came up with. If you don't want to buy the expensive elixir, buy the cheaper ones. As many of you know, we tweak prices all the time.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally. Hope we see it soon..the only feed back i got is that you should make all the 5 min elixers gold and the 30 min elixers platinum..for those who have it could be worth the money...as you have seen nobody is gonna spend money on elixers unless their spoiled rotten or wealthy which is like a 1/3 of the population playin this game. Thats why i think you should make all the 5 min elixers into gold and all the 30 min elixers into plat. Feel me devs. MORE BANG FOR UR BUCK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saw the update announcement. Pretty disappointed...only 1.5x elixir for gold. What about the 2x elixir. I never really cared for the 3x elixir all that much and I'm happy for it to stay a premium plat item but the 2x...come on...it should be for gold, like it used to be.

Anyway, just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avgen View Post
    Saw the update announcement. Pretty disappointed...only 1.5x elixir for gold. What about the 2x elixir. I never really cared for the 3x elixir all that much and I'm happy for it to stay a premium plat item but the 2x...come on...it should be for gold, like it used to be.

Anyway, just saying.
    Still beats the plat only option that we currently have

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am very excited about this im going to be able to level my bird so quickly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

sweet thanks

Aldoric - I like bananas -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very happy with the new system. This will improve things for everyone

One thing I would love to be able to do is purchase multiple elixers and activate them like potions. Have a third space next to your health and mana potions for your elixers so you can buy several and just tap to activate. Maybe need a popup or something to select which one if you have more than one type but would still be easier than going through the plat menu and finding the right one while everyone else is running ahead.
    Leiver ~ Str/Dex Bear ~ Level 51
    ScoobySnak ~ Pure Int Mage ~ Level 45
    ProfessorPing ~ Pure Dex Bird ~ Level 30
    >>> I'm on the SRINGY list <<<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leiver View Post
    Very happy with the new system. This will improve things for everyone

One thing I would love to be able to do is purchase multiple elixers and activate them like potions. Have a third space next to your health and mana potions for your elixers so you can buy several and just tap to activate. Maybe need a popup or something to select which one if you have more than one type but would still be easier than going through the plat menu and finding the right one while everyone else is running ahead.
    I like the idea of using them as potions, would save a good amount of time if your elixir expired during a run. Maybe something like a auto-refresh would be nice.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

yeah that would be cool but i accidently use a potion in towne wasting a potion and if the elixirs are right next to the potions I will use one and end up wasting either plat or gold...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Date and more info will be released in the near future.

Edit: I so would have beaten you if I wasn't using an IPod, Sam.
    it's kinda hard to type faster then samhayne's physic powers!

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    yeah that would be cool but i accidently use a potion in towne wasting a potion and if the elixirs are right next to the potions I will use one and end up wasting either plat or gold...
    elixers are disabled everywhere except PvE games
    Last edited by azulflame; 05-14-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

oh ty for clearing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

however, the countdown is still going on, but you do not get the effects.