Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To make the mythic set... or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Question To make the mythic set... or not?

I am really at a crossroads with the mythic set and I was curious as to what YOU were planning on doing. As you know I main a rogue now and had planned to make the full mythic set. I went ahead and bought tons of runes and fangs and really just need to do the orc tags. I finished the underwhelming mythic helm over the weekend, yeah it's got more armor but I had to spend a FORTUNE on gems (and an eye :/) to make it decent above my imbued helm. No less than 7m in jewels.

I don't really PvP anymore, the current elite maps are still pretty boring and aren't hard (sorry but they aren't... ).

I sort of feel like saying well forget it, selling off all those runes and fangs and stocking up gold for the new arcane pet and mythic weapon at this point.

I am frustrated because I am forced to make TWO horrible pieces of gear I will never use (ring/amulet) and the set bonus is traps. Guess what? Traps blow atm especially in elite Ren when they do indeed draw in a mob it makes it take longer because you can't find the healer or the gladiator. Will I really ever wear the entire set, I think not.

So tell me. Should I push through and make the whole set or stop at the helm and pile up gold for the real good which is Stampy and upgraded weapon. Those elite zones are really eh with no drops and the monotony.. oh man.

On another note, the jewels are fun but they are also frustrating. 7M for a single noble... If the mythic stats were better then you wouldn't feel so hurried to get to noble, but again they underwhelm me right now.

Give me some ideas here.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Another annoying addition... the fact that we are STILL RELIANT ON EYES AND PARA GEMS

Is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish to the heavens that they would take another looksie at jewels so we can seriously not give a flying frisbee about those old gems anymore.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

mesalin

You should stick with imbu and don't waste gold on making this set :/
    I also sold my few fangs and insi. I didn't even made orc legendary helm. Lol
    Just save for new mythic wep/ pet
    Like you said set bonus is useless. That's why i gave up on this and
    Started farm planar pend now

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The only thing is, its worth 250 APS
    For which people will craft full set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Lol like mesalin said...I haven't finished my legendary orc helm either. I just have 4 ingots sucking up inventory space. I have a rune, orc fang, two insignias (i will save for a rainy day lol) Anyways, I haven't gotten as far as you, so I wouldn't know how you feel. But I think you should take a break and save up. You can always finish the mythic set later. And by the time you're ready to finish they probably will have worked out the kinks and buffs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xmami For This Useful Post:

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

If for no other reason, then you should craft it purely for the reason of bragging rights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I am really at a crossroads with the mythic set and I was curious as to what YOU were planning on doing. As you know I main a rogue now and had planned to make the full mythic set. I went ahead and bought tons of runes and fangs and really just need to do the orc tags. I finished the underwhelming mythic helm over the weekend, yeah it's got more armor but I had to spend a FORTUNE on gems (and an eye :/) to make it decent above my imbued helm. No less than 7m in jewels.

I don't really PvP anymore, the current elite maps are still pretty boring and aren't hard (sorry but they aren't... ).

I sort of feel like saying well forget it, selling off all those runes and fangs and stocking up gold for the new arcane pet and mythic weapon at this point.

I am frustrated because I am forced to make TWO horrible pieces of gear I will never use (ring/amulet) and the set bonus is traps. Guess what? Traps blow atm especially in elite Ren when they do indeed draw in a mob it makes it take longer because you can't find the healer or the gladiator. Will I really ever wear the entire set, I think not.

So tell me. Should I push through and make the whole set or stop at the helm and pile up gold for the real good which is Stampy and upgraded weapon. Those elite zones are really eh with no drops and the monotony.. oh man.

On another note, the jewels are fun but they are also frustrating. 7M for a single noble... If the mythic stats were better then you wouldn't feel so hurried to get to noble, but again they underwhelm me right now.

Give me some ideas here.
    They have our minds like this:
    Name:  eeny2.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  37.3 KB

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Iam more concern about the jewels.
    We have been telling sts since forever WE NEED A REPLACEMENT FOR PARA AND EYE GEMS for godsake

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The Answer is YES. It's human nature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I think it is a work in progress...

Keeping twink damages normal is why the jewels have a level system, keeping people logging in throughout the year will probably mean annual events with a signature "replacement for para and eye gems" jewel.
    I even once made a thread to hand them a suggestion.
    what if the first fortified chaos jewel gives the first para bonus which don't stack with para bonus.
    They didn't mind to response there.
    let's see :/

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

I think they said they won't ever introduce gems like para and eyes again and will wait for them to cycle out of the game. But the problem is people who are maxed with eyes and para will still be superior to the new mythic set with jewels. That truly makes no sense.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I planned on crafting the set but after seeing the amulet and ring.....man do they have some bad stats
    The worst part is if u just want the armor and helm u WILL be forced to craft the ring nd amulet first!.
    Idk why the ring/amulet are so weak .-. Using the amulet alone would reduce your toons hp by alot...needless to say with the ring also...

On another note why does the ring take just about the same amount of crafting materials as the helm... :c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    I planned on crafting the set but after seeing the amulet and ring.....man do they have some bad stats
    The worst part is if u just want the armor and helm u WILL be forced to craft the ring nd amulet first!.
    Idk why the ring/amulet are so weak .-. Using the amulet alone would reduce your toons hp by alot...needless to say with the ring also...

On another note why does the ring take just about the same amount of crafting materials as the helm... :c
    Yeah i can't stand this part either.... so I am trying to decide if it's worth it to craft two items that will rot in stash for the armor or just sell off my remaining runes and fangs and call it a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I'm not crafting the set. I've just been selling off insignia, fangs and runes.

I truly do appreciate STS's efforts to reduce the gap between max and not-maxed gear, I just think they may have gotten the balance off with this mythic set. Given it should be the best gear of the whole expansion (meaning better than event gear too), it's just not awesome enough to warrant the effort. Only the arcane ring should stay top of the game because, well, it's arcane lol.

Jewels are the other sticking point. As others have said, eyes and paras won't be phased out while the gear they're in continues to trump new gear, and while there is no jewel that even comes close. That said, I'm curious what jewels will be available in upcoming events- I see no reason why a craftable event jewel that's similar to an eye couldn't be crafted. Or noble jewel rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I'm just getting the helmet, which is the only piece of the set that will represent any kind of any upgrade for me. Really, I don't need an upgrade. I could actually sell all my gear and just stick with pinks and be fine, but chasing stats is a reason for me to keep playing.

I think traps are actually very useful in the new maps. I don't really need razor shield, and I find that I can still get to the shaman just fine when the traps retract. The only problem is when they retract and pull mobs too far so they reset.

I think the difficulty is much better now (the giants are simply unfair because they are glitched), but the bosses still are boring. The bosses are what kept players from finishing planar tombs. These bosses won't stop anyone and require little strategy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

That's the rest of it ed. The stupid glitched mobs that reset after being pulled in traps. And truly the mobs simply aren't dense enough to warrant even using them...

Some of us have been messing around with sss. It might be the best option for rogue in elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

am i the only one who is excited for the tripple axe throw? anyways since crafting is the theme of this seasons it can t hurt to do the dailies, stash some crafting materials and make the decision later. who knows what else the ingredients will be good for?
    at least the myth set can t be traded, so no one can para up. it should be easy for stg to make adjustments to bring it on par with high para imbueds in effect if not in stat points.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    am i the only one who is excited for the tripple axe throw? anyways since crafting is the theme of this seasons it can t hurt to do the dailies, stash some crafting materials and make the decision later. who knows what else the ingredients will be good for?
    at least the myth set can t be traded, so no one can para up. it should be easy for stg to make adjustments to bring it on par with high para imbueds in effect if not in stat points.
    Yeah I'd be happy if I was a war too for that set skill bonus. Overjoyed.

Net retraction and the huge loss in overall stats for the set isn't easy to swallow.

But yeah I guess I should just do the dailies and stash for now. No sense in even making the ring or amulet.. I feel sorry for the chaps who went for ring and will be short tags now for stampy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Another annoying addition... the fact that we are STILL RELIANT ON EYES AND PARA GEMS

Is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish to the heavens that they would take another looksie at jewels so we can seriously not give a flying frisbee about those old gems anymore.
    Unfortunately STS stance on this matter (gems & jewels) is absurd and completely detached from the reality in this game. They are waiting for gems to "work themselves out of the game". I mean, lol?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

I'm just farming tags just in case I do the set later. As it stands, net retraction would be pretty horrible because you can't iso the mages or the mobs you want to kill. Should a warrior be on the run, every 10 seconds he would lose aggro momentarily. Not to mention the short leashes, it's not like we can super pull mobs anymore as well, unless on older maps. I've sold my runes, but kept some fangs and insignias and am almost 500 tags. Haven't done any quest lines yet. I've done the math and this set will probably cost upwards to 80 runes + the rest? That's roughly 10m at the end of the day and I don't think set bonus or 100% traps is worth the price.

Currently I'm still rocking the 36 mythic set with Arcane ring, Planar pendent, belt, and nekro to boot. I was never this op last season and I think I'll rock this set for one more season and save my gold. Perhaps I'll buy the slaterock when it drops to 300k, but for now I'm doing elites just fine, don't pvp and so I have no reason to upgrade. I may do the set much later in the season when I have more gold, but for now no plans.

As an Elite farmer, it's not like the elites have much to run for and gold is tight. With the new set, how the heck am I supposed to pay it off xD

If I was a warrior, I would go for it as the axe ability is OP beyond belief. Skip as mage and rogue class for me though.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 09-14-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!