Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends for Android?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pocket Legends for Android?

Hello!

I'm simply wondering if you are planning on releasing this great game for the Android platform?

Thanks!

Yours,
    ultra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was checking through the games files and discovered a list of devices. Android was one of them. Does this confirm the game being released for the Android? Or is this just a left over from trying to port it to the Android at one point.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

[with a small wave my hand] These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope that was a joke. This would be a huge grab for you guys if you ported it. Android is catching up with iTunes users. I myself have two Android in addition to my iPod Touch and iPad. As a phone device I like the OS much more. There is such a glaring lack of good games in the Android market that this would be sure to be a huge hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WookieeFart View Post
    I hope that was a joke. This would be a huge grab for you guys if you ported it. Android is catching up with iTunes users. I myself have two Android in addition to my iPod Touch and iPad. As a phone device I like the OS much more. There is such a glaring lack of good games in the Android market that this would be sure to be a huge hit.
    The crippling blow is the andriod device hardware isn't as uniform as the iDevices. The android OS is good, no doubt, but no two devices are exactly alike when it comes to performance and onboard hardware. That's a factor which limits your audience unfortunately.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Please release this on Android! I have an iPad, but I have an Android phone. It would be great to be able to play this when I'm away from home and don't want to carry around the iPad.

@FeralDruid You're right, there are a lot of android devices out there, but I think if the devs target the Droid as the ideal system then they'll have the most success. The Droid can handle some really good graphics, and the newer phones coming out based on a faster processor will handle everything even better. And older phones will just have slower framerates, but would probably still be playable (maybe...).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The problem with releasing something like PL on an android OS is that android runs on a multitude of phones with varying degrees of hardware performance. There's a reason the iPhone/iPod touches have been so popular with developers because of the overall uniform hardware performance across all devices. This creates additional time and money to get it to work on a variety of phones using the OS. Don't get me wrong, the Android OS is pretty powerful but at the same time it causes more headaches for developers, especially for independent developers.
    Rylinia - Enchantress (lvl 25) | Rylin - Warrior (lvl 25) | Ryler - Archer (lvl 25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest, when an app is developed solely with the iPhone OS in mind, it just isn't worth it to try to cross-platform to Android. My company has a cross-platform app and here are the stats:

iPhone Users: 10515
    iPod Touch Users: 4326
    Android Users: 1

It would be a lost cause imo.
    Realm: Alterra | Dog - Archer (Level 25), 40 DPS Ranged, 90 DPS Melee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you go to '\var\mobile\Applications\Legends', on your device, then enter the Documents folder and open the 'pak.cfg' file in a text editor, it says:

"
    device0=android

device1=ipad

device2=iphone

[SharedEngine/FileSystem]

<ifeq= Config/device, android>

So it seems like there might be one coming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I said that already >_<.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow i made a thread like this awhile ago.... the dev posted a picture of pl running on his moto droid
    callmehealer-lvl 45 mage
    callmewarrior-lvl 50 TaNk(bow bear pew pew??)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try not to revive dead threads like this one, especially as you'd posted one recently, and there are a few on the forums.

(Don't reply to this message)