Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STS inadvertently causing ingame 'Classism' in PVE and

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I used to think so too, but I don't anymore. When I lag (and it definitely isn't my net or hardware), I lag everywhere - from Brackenridge to Rengol. When it's fine, it's fine everywhere, including the biggest elite pulls possible.

Agreed about Nordr, but there is one issue here. Buffing Rengol mobs, so that they regularly one-hit rogues/mages, will mean that most of the time they will two-hit warriors (and it will be so fast that it will look like a one-hit). The gap in survivability between dps classes and warriors is not that big anymore. I see warriors die in stupid 5-mob pulls even now. For example a bomb + a gladiator red zone attack. Even some of the so called "ordinary mobs" have hard-hitting attacks. Not to mention the brutes, who I've seen one-hit tanks on Nekro shield, but let's say this is a bug (although not fixed by now, so might be intended). I can tell you right now, that if mobs get further buffed, all you will see is all-dps parties on lixes for fast clearing. In my opinion, this will be the final nail in the coffin of the pve warrior.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Rogues are not any closer than they used to be in terms of armor, that point is moot. If you compare armor sums (body and helmet) from previous expansions you will see that if anything, the new L46 mythic set is perfectly in line with the L36 mythic set in terms of warrior-rogue armor difference (19-21% less armor for rogue).

The only thing that can be blamed for the unequal survivability growth is the all-class items (Planar Pendant, Arcane Ring). So yeah, 170 armor is less of an increase for warriors, more for rogues and even more for mages. Plus both items offer stats in the form of equal INT, DEX, STR which due to the stat distribution system gives an overall smaller survivability bonus for warriors in terms of HP. In return, they get more out of % armor buffs and also heal from STR skill buffs (which are not scaled <- that is what you should be focusing on).
    Thanks Madnex for pointing that out. That is a very valid point. I guess you mentioned that there use to be class specific rings and amulets that offered differences in armor for a warrior compared to a rogue. Now that most use planar pendant and arcane ring this in essence does create a decrease in the gap of total armor between warrior and rogue correct?

Another point I wanted to make. My post was referring to the nordr expansion and why it was successful due to mob and boss difficulties and rogues survivability was lower back then (which is multifactorial due to pets, etc, etc, as mentioned above my madnex). Well if you look at the nordr expansion this level 36 mythic gear was not as common as the upgraded 41 mythic gear....in other words not alot of people had them. So if you look at the overall picture, most were running around with legendary gear. I just seem to remember a bigger gap in armor between legendary gears. I could be wrong. Don't have any proof of that.

But regardless the gap in total armor between a warrior and rogue/mage has decreased compared to nordr expansion due to the now widely available arcane ring and pendant that are not class specific.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 09-24-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Rogue (and mage btw) survivability has increased more when compared to the survivability of tanks. We are talking in relative terms here.

And I don't know why some of you focus on armor only. Health, dodge, the now widely available pets like Nekro and Maridos, the buffed mage shield, the fixed razor if you wish. All of this is increased survivability.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Rogue (and mage btw) survivability has increased more when compared to the survivability of tanks. We are talking in relative terms here.

And I don't know why some of you focus on armor only. Health, dodge, the now widely available pets like Nekro and Maridos, the buffed mage shield, the fixed razor if you wish. All of this is increased survivability.
    You are absolutely correct should look at it as survivability instead of just armor. I guess armor seems to be the easiest thing to fix. Can't really take away nekro.....can't really take away rogues already high dodge/razor shield. HP would be somewhat tough to fix since its so tied to stats like strength, dexterity, and intelligence which when you take away certain stats for hp you also affect Crit, damage, etc. One way to fix HP is to add just straight HP bonus to the amor/helm gear. Just seems like armor is easiest to target. I am not saying thats the only fix we need. There is gonna have to be tons of other moving parts and changes for warriors to come close to be needed or wanted in PVE.

Tata I agree with you if all we did was increase the map difficulties and fix nothing else then yes the need or want for warriors will be worse. What I am proposing is that many changes which includes this increase in boss/mob difficulty needs to happen together. There is a reason why nordr expansion was so successful. the reasons are multifactorial. I think it would be helpful to look at all of the aspects of Nordr expansion such as gear, mob/boss difficulty, survivability of different classes, ankhs, pets, etc and figure out what we can do to come back to that style of gameplay. Is it possible? I dunno. But the problem is everyone is all fixated on just buffing warriors with out changing anything else to the game. That just wont work. Buffing warriors will not be enough. STG needs to change so many things.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 09-24-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

And we still are kept in the dark as if to there will be anything happening or STS won't do anything due to whatever reason.

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

One of the only threads about this still not locked or deleted.

They don't have a reason to do so...

Hehe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greatankush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Dear STS,

It has become apparent that the direction of the game. Interms of 'type' of events and released gear has caused Classism within the game when it come to PVE

How can this be?

When majority of the community acknowledges that among 3 classes one is OP for PVE.
    When events cater to a specific class to achieve better results
    When the released gear does not provide avenues for the least efficient class to catch up with the more OP class

The community has aknowledged this... Will you?

More importantly will you take quick action? Meaning no 'we are working on it ' replies that has been said for 2yrs running

Just my thoughts... Feel free to remove post if it is not i line with TOS.

Thanks

Maarkus
    Free games almost always end up being failures. This happens because of a few reasons:

1) The developers won't acknowledge that something is wrong nor will they listen to player complaints.

2) They continue adding new expansions to keep the players from leaving the game, resulting in important old and new bugs (this includes class imbalance) being overlooked and nothing being fixed.

3) Less and less players are purchasing in game currency, and the industry is crashing because they can't keep up their customers satisfied.

It's just a vicious cycle of greed in the end. Well, that's just how I see it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Free games almost always end up being failures. This happens because of a few reasons:

1) The developers won't acknowledge that something is wrong nor will they listen to player complaints.

2) They continue adding new expansions to keep the players from leaving the game, resulting in important old and new bugs (this includes class imbalance) being overlooked and nothing being fixed.

3) Less and less players are purchasing in game currency, and the industry is crashing because they can't keep up their customers satisfied.

It's just a vicious cycle of greed in the end. Well, that's just how I see it.
    Somewhat true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Google Runescape.

Jagex was half as OP asSTS.
    Man that was a good game !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Keep fighting warriors
    Don't give up hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

What's really needed is a map or tomb that doesn't allow ankhs and a boss that can ohko every class except a fully geared warrior. Till this happens I don't see any reason to have a warrior anymore.

Their main purpose was to keep the boss from resetting while anyone that died could run back to the boss. This was before ankh kits of course. Without plat there was no revives back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Waiting for STS to take action...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

The warrior become useless because of ankhs. When there was no ankhs everybody invited tank on their party. After ankhs introduced nobody needed the tank anymore.
    Rogues dominating everything everywhere in Arcane legends. And op pet as nekro they can't be stunned. they got speed. They got damage. They got insane crit. They got ankhs.

Arena - Rogues
    CTF - Rogues
    TDM - Rogues
    Elite maps - Rogues
    Planar tombs - Rogues
    TDM - Rogues

Possible Solution : Make and level rogue!!!! or else you can keep play as tank and make threads 'buff war','make war useful' on forum.

We need new dungeons with no ankhs allowed.
    Call it : "battle for Nordr" - " or "Elite dungeons of Nornia"
    All Nordr bosses allied and taken back the Nordr. The heroes of Arlor must once again fight together and take back the throne. This time no ankhs allowed to use.
    Last edited by supersyan; 10-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    The warrior become useless because of ankhs. When there was no ankhs everybody invited tank on their party. After ankhs introduced nobody needed the tank anymore.
    Rogues dominating everything everywhere in Arcane legends. And op pet as nekro they can't be stunned. they got speed. They got damage. They got insane crit. They got ankhs.

Arena - Rogues
    CTF - Rogues
    TDM - Rogues
    Elite maps - Rogues
    Planar tombs - Rogues
    TDM - Rogues

Possible Solution : Make and level rogue!!!! or else you can keep play as tank and make threads 'buff war','make war useful' on forum.

We need new dungeons with no ankhs allowed.
    Call it : "battle for Nordr" - " or "Elite dungeons of Nornia"
    All Nordr bosses allied and taken back the Nordr. The heroes of Arlor must once again fight together and take back the throne. This time no ankhs allowed to use.

I sincerly don't know why they haven't changed the name of the game to Rogue Legends.

Another thing that destroyed warriors is the fact that rogues also have a high level of armour.
    Also rogues can deal an insane amount of damage,and as someone said in a thread "Nothing is better than a full rogue party".

It's the right time to suggest this thing:

You should need all THREE CLASSES in order to start an elite dungeon!
    And of course buff the warriors XD sorry i couldn't resist.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

It makes me sick seeing a rogue with 2k armor, as a warrior, how am i supposed to keep up with them in PvE if they already got my survivability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

AL is pretty much a broken game.
    1. 1 hit mobs and boss. [Because mobs hits too high we really cannot see a tank. Why? 1 hit to mage and rogue and usually 2-3 hits to warrior. In reality warrior has 2-3 times the survivability but because the damage is too high. We cannot feel the difference.
    2. Spammable potion instead of potion has cooldown[ Because the damage of mobs is too high people required to spam pots. While it should be like tank + support + damage to survive and potion is just for emergency measures plus potion management makes the game interesting.]
    3. Ankhs. You can revive as many times [With this no one really needs support anymore. ]
    4. No class uniqueness. [ All class use mana? Rogue and warriors in my opinion should not use mana instead rogue use vigor and warrior use stamina. Vigor recovers overtime and stamina recover when user is hit. No Vigor and Stamina potion so skill should be manage well.
    Last edited by Eldorado; 10-03-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post

I sincerly don't know why they haven't changed the name of the game to Rogue Legends.

Another thing that destroyed warriors is the fact that rogues also have a high level of armour.
    Also rogues can deal an insane amount of damage,and as someone said in a thread "Nothing is better than a full rogue party".

It's the right time to suggest this thing:

You should need all THREE CLASSES in order to start an elite dungeon!
    And of course buff the warriors XD sorry i couldn't resist.

Totally agree. I mean, look at gauntlet's leaderboard: rogues are all over it, keeping yousrself in lb as a rogue is really tough. Being a rogue is the legit choice for someone who wants to be able to enjoy the game, and as some people already mentioned, before the recent expansion it was completely impossible to run elites without a warrior. After the expansion came out, rogues & mages got a massive damage buff (thank to the level 46 legendaries) and hps, and it made warriors basically became useless.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Useless useless useless
    Crickets

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graovans View Post
    Totally agree. I mean, look at gauntlet's leaderboard: rogues are all over it, keeping yousrself in lb as a rogue is really tough. Being a rogue is the legit choice for someone who wants to be able to enjoy the game, and as some people already mentioned, before the recent expansion it was completely impossible to run elites without a warrior. After the expansion came out, rogues & mages got a massive damage buff (thank to the level 46 legendaries) and hps, and it made warriors basically became useless.
    Survivabilty, their survivability in pve is too high. Mages with 5.9k health, 1.5k armor, 930dmg and 30% crit just blow warriors out of the water, no wonder mages are becoming tanklike nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Dear STS,

It has become apparent that the direction of the game. Interms of 'type' of events and released gear has caused Classism within the game when it come to PVE

How can this be?

When majority of the community acknowledges that among 3 classes one is OP for PVE.
    When events cater to a specific class to achieve better results
    When the released gear does not provide avenues for the least efficient class to catch up with the more OP class

The community has aknowledged this... Will you?

More importantly will you take quick action? Meaning no 'we are working on it ' replies that has been said for 2yrs running

Just my thoughts... Feel free to remove post if it is not i line with TOS.

Thanks

Maarkus
    Ignored again... Thanks for all those that tried to push for the issues to be resolved, i guess we all have to wait another year.
    Until then.
    Thanks
    Maarkus