Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hello All. I have some doubts about the game, anyone can help me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Hello All. I have some doubts about the game, anyone can help me?

Hello there!

Fisrt of all.. game devs, congrats for the game, ive been an mmo player for the last decade.. and this game really good game.

Well my questions are about platinum and the gameplay, how hard u need platinum. i dont want to play a game that i depend from platinum to do everthing, its ok to by new maps and stuff. I just dont want to play for buy platinuns. I dont want to make my character experience and development depend on it. (as far as maps are ok)

Im having a problem, im a bear lvl 5 and im starting to get low on health potions. i just spended like 300 and few gold on some health potions, but by doing the quests im spending more health potions fighting the zombies and zombie masters, and skeletons than im earning money to by new potions.

Whats the solution? I dont want to spend money with platinum for health potion.

I really want to get the hang of this game.

thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You can do almost everything without spending actually ANY plat. Just going around and killing enemies you get enough money from enemies, chests and by liquidating loot. I used my first plat only to buy new maps around lev 25; these maps are now free.

<edit> Most of the plat is for ELITE maps (you can anyway buy their good drops in Consignment Shop from other players) and for vanity items (faces, holiday hats). Some plat can be used to gain experience more quickly if you want, but you can evolve your character to 55 in a month without plat.
    Last edited by Tamino; 05-12-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

DUAL SPEC and turn into a dex bear or int so u can hit in a distance.Also means u can use both str and dex or int and str.
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tessao View Post
    Hello there!

Fisrt of all.. game devs, congrats for the game, ive been an mmo player for the last decade.. and this game really good game.

Well my questions are about platinum and the gameplay, how hard u need platinum. i dont want to play a game that i depend from platinum to do everthing, its ok to by new maps and stuff. I just dont want to play for buy platinuns. I dont want to make my character experience and development depend on it. (as far as maps are ok)

Im having a problem, im a bear lvl 5 and im starting to get low on health potions. i just spended like 300 and few gold on some health potions, but by doing the quests im spending more health potions fighting the zombies and zombie masters, and skeletons than im earning money to by new potions.

Whats the solution? I dont want to spend money with platinum for health potion.

I really want to get the hang of this game.

thanks for the help.
    As an mmorpg player you should understand leveling up.
    The higher your level the less damage you take.
    also sell any trash items you get that will help i know that gold is tight when you 1st start but it does get better.
    if you see me in game i will help you and give you some health potions just hang in there theres lots of fun to be had with this game
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

1) use up all the free offers on tapjoy for platinum. i payed for sandstone cave that way lol
    2) potions are cheaper when bought in mass, so try to only get the 100 potions option.
    3) if having trouble staying alive, either change classes to one easier for you (if being constantly hit is your problem, try a mage or bird so you can kite the enemy from afar), change stat preferences to one easier for you (by going into dex or in, you can use staffs or bows on your bear. dex is actually one of the preferred stats) or revisit lower dungeons to get more monies and xp easier.

since now all the main maps are free, all you might want to get are 50 more stash slots, and 100 inventory, and maybe another character slot down the road. all can be payed for with the free platinum options.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Tamino Tkz for the anwser
    @MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND any hint for a newbie start dual specting? im a bit lost.

@thugimmortal thanks, add me too, my player is 'Tessao'
    Yes a understand about leveling, low lvl mobs = low xp = less health i loss :P
    Im trying to figure out whats the ideal for my char.

About the selling things where do i do that in lvl 5?

Another thing, whats that magical portal all about? it takes u to the place u should quest for your selected quest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Here as in most MMORPG, playing in a team allows to kill enemies faster and gain experience and money quicker. Unfortunately this is not so clear for the lowest levels player, but as long as you get more experience and levels you should be able to found people cohoperative playing with you, making the path more fun and easy.

Ah, buy potions by Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Heaven town; the bunch of 100 pots costs 1500 gold and it is the lowest price you can found in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

@Tamino Tkz for the anwser
    @MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND any hint for a newbie start dual specting? im a bit lost.

@thugimmortal thanks, add me too, my player is 'Tessao'
    Yes a understand about leveling, low lvl mobs = low xp = less health i loss :P
    Im trying to figure out whats the ideal for my char.

Another thing, whats that magical portal all about? it takes u to the place u should quest for your selected quest?
    well, any extra items you wont use, you can either liquidate them on the spot, or if they have any rarity or value to them you can go to balefort castle and visit the consignment shop to sell them to players.

i would recommend you DONT dual spec until you have a clear experience with what would be your main stat. it is much easier to dual spec around lv45, so wait until then.

also, dont just dismiss the xp system. all mobs with the same color circle on their hp bars are the same difficulty and give the same xp. red being the most, and grey being none.
    also, the more people in a team, the more xp actually drops.

ps: i never use the portal except for the required first few quests. if i want to go to a quest area, i go to the quest menu and us the "go to" button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

tes pls choose what u wanna be.Dex\str or dex\int or int\str I think dex str is good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tamino, the problem is how do i get the 1500 gold, thats looks like days of farming in lower level.

and yes play in groups in lower level sucks... most of them dont know how to play their holes.... that have no ideia what is a tank, or and dps player... all the wanna do is hit them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah , try a dex bear they can fight from distance, or an int mage they can hit from distance and can heal themselfes . At all u dont need platinum to play but after a few weeks or months ull see that platinum is very useful (but if you dont want to buy it, u can try to make platinum with tapjoy, and its not needed to buy platinum to be a good player ) platinum is just a little(or big) help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I also suggest doing dual spec right now but not using the items together like talon,dex helm,str shield and str armour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND View Post
    tes pls choose what u wanna be.Dex\str or dex\int or int\str I think dex str is good.
    lol dont confuse him. really no point until at least lv30, besides the fact that there is no way he can afford the booster gear. a lot easier to learn the ropes the normal way.

Tamino, the problem is how do i get the 1500 gold, thats looks like days of farming in lower level.

and yes play in groups in lower level sucks... most of them dont know how to play their roles.... that have no ideia what is a tank, or and dps player... all the wanna do is hit them all.
    you are just going to have to either revise your playing style or farm low level zombies until you get 1500 gold, sorry.

also, if you have less than 25 of a potion, it actually fills up to 25 since monsters and chests drop them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    lol dont confuse him. really no point until at least lv30, besides the fact that there is no way he can afford the booster gear. a lot easier to learn the ropes the normal way.

you are just going to have to either revise your playing style or farm low level zombies until you get 1500 gold, sorry.

also, if you have less than 25 of a potion, it actually fills up to 25 since monsters and chests drop them.
    LOL that's true but doing it now means u don't have to pay plat for respecing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Level 5 items are almost thrash, take only the ones you can use or (luckily) the pink ones, that are really rare at this level. Anyway, from the World Map go in the towne of Balefort Castle, the three characters called Arnold, Arthur and Artie can be used for object sell and buy between players at a reasonable fee.

The magic portal leads you in the first level of the map. For jumping directly to the quest target map, (once you got the quest) choose it from "quests " menu, hit the "GO TO" button, you are transported in the relevant map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    ps: i never use the portal except for the required first few quests. if i want to go to a quest area, i go to the quest menu and us the "go to" button.
    weird, some of the go to, takes me to town, like one that i must find some rogues, but usually i cant go anywhere from the town, its like the only place to go is the town portal (talking about the first city

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Some quests require you to talk with a non-playable character (NPC), that usually (but not all times) resides in a town. When you complete a quest, the GO TO button sends you to the NPC that "completes" the quest and gives you the reward; again, it can be in the town. Which is the incriminated quest?

BTW: I sent you a friend request ingame with my NapoOrsoCapo bear. Accept it, I'll make a few round with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Tamino

yeah that part of the quest i know, i got that problem in a quest that i should slay some mobs, dont recall which ones... not zombies.. not skeletons, maybe rogues... and the go to send me to town, and from there i could go anywhere thoses mobs are... the magic portal only took me to a place field with skeletons.

thanks, ill accept your friend request ASAP, im at work ATM.

About the dual specs,

Can i use a bow and a sword? like to stat with a bow then when the mobs gets closer i swith do sword? is that easy to do? or u can only equip 1 weapon at time? hmmm i think its just one weapon at a time right?
    Last edited by tessao; 05-12-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i had same problems when i begun the game... i had no money for pots.. sounds stupid but it was so..
    u should be always the hoster, then u will gain pots by killing mobs or from chests until 25. if u die in a party u wont get anymore until all other died too.

if ur desperate add my mains and i will give u pots
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can i use a bow and a sword? like to stat with a bow then when the mobs gets closer i swith do sword? is that easy to do? or u can only equip 1 weapon at time? hmmm i think its just one weapon at a time right?
    No, you can equip a bow OR a sword, switching between them takes at least 2-3 seconds and it cannot done many times during game. I am a dual-spec bear, I usually play with a bow and revert to sword (actually, an hammer) at some bosses. As a bow-bear, I can make more short range damage with the skills, the three "slashes" you unlock and enforce during gameplay.

In any case, it is not useful to evolve your character in two directions before lev 30 at least, because you can found yourself don't have enough points in either stat to wear the "right" weapon for your level and you should rely on a lower level weapon, that is not good.

<edit> As a bear, at every level you receive 5 stat points: put four in STR, one in DEX until level 20. (someone says 3 STR, 2 DEX, you can alternate).
    Last edited by Tamino; 05-12-2011 at 08:34 AM.