Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "buff warriors"

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Its called constructive criticism. They are giving STG ideas about how to fix the problem. They are also trying to light a fire to hasten the process because the game is losing many players. It also serves as a reminder. Change doesn't happen with people sitting idly by and waiting for the big company to do something.
    Nor does it happen when there are 20 threads all about the same subject.

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Did u even read my thread? I was saying exactly what u just did...
    Oh my, I kinda just scrolled down after I read the "I agree..." part

My apologizes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Imsofancy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xnorwayx View Post
    Warriors don't need buff of skills. Look at pvp.. warriors easy killing mages and rogues.. with buff there will be no chanse for rogues and mages to compete.
    Errr buff for PVE only fyi..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Thanks Maarkus. Your thread has some great ideas, including the taunt over time idea you proposed.
    The most time and effort efficient first step to solving the warrior's lack of usefulness in elites is very simple:
    CS needs to cancel red zones once again.

The core issue here is that warrior's survivability is worse than rogue's whilst he's not offering enough to compensate for the damage loss of an extra party member/replacing a DD/DPS character (HoR's invuln. shield being the only one, feeble effects are too scarce). Not really due to armor difference as many suggested but primarily due to the combined effects of 50%+ dodge and Nekro's shield (which is a factor only because of its current availability). Combined with Razor Shield's added dodge or Shadow Veil's armor buff, hit% and dmg debuff there is almost nothing that a warrior can do better except from surviving certain red zone one-shots.

Markus' taunt over time idea is the second best suggestion I've seen in terms of simplicity and time needed to implement. Something must be done skill-wise, creating gear and maps doesn't suffice in the current situation unless we go to extremes (eg. add huge oaks that block the way ahead in all maps that only warrior axe can cut).

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The most time and effort efficient first step to solving the warrior's lack of usefulness in elites is very simple:

The core issue here is that warrior's survivability is worse than rogue's whilst he's not offering enough to compensate for the damage loss of an extra party member/replacing a DD/DPS character (HoR's invuln. shield being the only one, feeble effects are too scarce). Not really due to armor difference as many suggested but primarily due to the combined effects of 50%+ dodge and Nekro's shield (which is a factor only because of its current availability). Combined with Razor Shield's added dodge or Shadow Veil's armor buff, hit% and dmg debuff there is almost nothing that a warrior can do better except from surviving certain red zone one-shots.

Markus' taunt over time idea is the second best suggestion I've seen in terms of simplicity and time needed to implement. Something must be done skill-wise, creating gear and maps doesn't suffice in the current situation unless we go to extremes (eg. add huge oaks that block the way ahead in all maps that only warrior axe can cut).
    This is definitely is my first choice of action to increase the warriors effectiveness in pve.

Im sure STS has read this as it has been me tioned by other warriors and even rogues in forums but for some reason they never replied to it.

Also the in reaction to an earlier complaints about warriors in PVE, STS responded by giving Skyward smash DOt and increased axe throws armor debuff but they never commented on the CS cancel wind up upgrade. Dont know why they havent commented i dont even know why they dont see this as a vialble option.

I mean if STS doesnt want it the least they can do is say 'No' officially the atleast a simple explaination why, but this as it is STS doesnt reply thus creating further frustration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    This is definitely is my first choice of action to increase the warriors effectiveness in pve.

Im sure STS has read this as it has been me tioned by other warriors and even rogues in forums but for some reason they never replied to it.

Also the in reaction to an earlier complaints about warriors in PVE, STS responded by giving Skyward smash DOt and increased axe throws armor debuff but they never commented on the CS cancel wind up upgrade. Dont know why they havent commented i dont even know why they dont see this as a vialble option.

I mean if STS doesnt want it the least they can do is say 'No' officially the atleast a simple explaination why, but this as it is STS doesnt reply thus creating further frustration.
    This.

Speaking of Axe throw.
    I hope AT can pull all the bosses too. So we can pull them away from other pt when we lose aggro and they head toward them.
    Isn't that the point of the skill?

When its skills lost its true meaning, the class became useless.
    Last edited by Excuses; 09-23-2015 at 08:27 AM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

We've discussed class balance before and made skill updates, specifically to Skyward Smash and Axe Throw. We also attempted to design the Ren'gol dungeons to highlight the strengths of each class, and we've run events with class-specific objectives. We clearly need to do more and we are reading all your feedback and considering it as we explore solutions. As you can see from all the threads there's not one clear answer. Suggestions range from simply increasing damage, to modifying skills, to changing the way aggro works in the game. All are great and very helpful suggestions and all with their own strengths and weaknesses.
    Finally OMG!
    Well *cough* i am for improving aggro,buffing armor,hp, making jugg like mage shield (giving invulnerability and removing any effects) and spreading VB to the entire party.
    Thank you for listening.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

I'll talk to our design team about Chest Splitter Madnex.

One of the biggest issues I see mentioned with Warriors is that players want to run dungeons fast, and running with a Warrior is slower than running with a Rogue. Do you think that making Chest Splitter cancel wind-ups will speed up runs? Will a taunt-over-time effect speed up runs?

I could see those two things definitely resulting in fewer potions and ankhs needing to be used which would be helpful. Do you think that's enough to make it worth taking a Warrior on a run even if it will slow the run down somewhat?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

One of the biggest issues I see mentioned with Warriors is that players want to run dungeons fast, and running with a Warrior is slower than running with a Rogue. Do you think that making Chest Splitter cancel wind-ups will speed up runs? Will a taunt-over-time effect speed up runs?

I could see those two things definitely resulting in fewer potions and ankhs needing to be used which would be helpful. Do you think that's enough to make it worth taking a Warrior on a run even if it will slow the run down somewhat?
    Time = money/goals
    I believe it's about moving us up so we are on par. a simple debuff that lets warrior/party kill faster would be enough. The cancel wind up would be a nice add on after that.

It would be nice not to cry for once when you join a map with two rogues and they don't leave when they see a warrior.
    Last edited by Cody Black; 09-23-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

That's why we ask more pt buff/debuff in our skills.
    Vg buff or/and jugg debuff please.

And also taunt and cs cancel will help dps to focus to dealing dmg than spamming pot and moving away to survive which will result faster killing boss/mobs.
    It will be different depending on boss but definitely help somewhat.
    Last edited by Excuses; 09-23-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Just add a party buff to Vengeful, like +50% dmg for 8-10secs, so the parties with a war gonna be fast and ankh saver too
    Which works only at pve*

Edited

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Warriors are still sometimes(and not very often;nearly never) used to reduce the number of deaths and ankhs used,but at the cost of having the runs being incredibly slow.
    So if you could make the warriors do the runs as fast as with 4 rogues,that would be really cool.
    Making the warriors holding aggro better and making VB spread to the entire pt would really be cool.
    Also warriors need an armor buff,since rogues have almost reached the amount of armor a warrior has.

Thanks for reading,

Dimi(the great)trian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Hi G-M
    Thank you for taking the time to review this post of Madnex.
    You have a valid point.
    Though the cancell wind ups will aid in removing the red zones which in thrn will allow for less stuns within the party
    and the taunts will give the dmg/dps class the freedom to do their thing, you are right, it will not massively speed up the runs.
    At this point one may look into the damage and or crit percentage of warriors and that if they are increased drastically to match the damage output of rogues in PVE ... This is one solution but it brings up the issue of warriors becomming rogues. Which i think is not the direction Madnex is trying to take as he sees the calue of the individual class identity.

If such is the case then the maybe you can look at the mob debuff senarios where warrior skills massively debuff mob armor or better yet increase the stun percentage of warrior skills... I doubt any dmg/dps class would not like stunned mobs as they can prep their skills and kill quicker.

If the approach is stat... Then damage will not help but crit will... Ive tested numerous gears and even experience rogues will notice... Thier damage is one thing but its their crit damage that really hurts. But this again is making a warrior into a rogue.

Maybe:
    1. CS can cancell windups-to ensure party is not affected with aoe dmg and stuns and then:
    2. Taunt over time to ensure party is free to act
    3. Mobs debuffs - to ensure quicker kills
    4. Party buff - not sure which but who wouldnt want the extra buff ... specially since if its crit and only if its stackable stackable

This may sound like over kill but if you look at the current social climate on warriors in parties, a drastic increase is necessary to change the consensus on warrior efficientcy in pve

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Maarkus

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Save warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ketoh View Post
    Save warrior
    Maybe the A.R.S.E.S. should make an appeal to save the endangered species called warrior lololol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imsofancy View Post
    Nor does it happen when there are 20 threads all about the same subject.
    How does this hurt the matter? Same concept of protesting....thats how important changes happen. If you haven't already noticed. Thanks to the repeated post of people who care about this game, a developer/moderator has now responded in this thread which is a very good sign.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 09-23-2015 at 01:14 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post

All of the fixes mentioned by Madnex are great ideas. As mentioned by madnex.....this simplest and easiest way to make warriors needed in AL is to make a requirement to have a warrior in a party with obstacles that can only be cleared by a warrior. Heck even do that for a mage as well. So now all parties must have at least one warrior and mage. Yeah yeah people will complain but they will get over it. Now all parties will be a mixed party and all classes will have a role. This takes very little effort or time. Also this will forever changed timed runs. Now a LB timed run party will need a very good warrior and a very good mage as opposed to doing the same old boring all rogue parties.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    All of the fixes mentioned by Madnex are great ideas. As mentioned by madnex.....this simplest and easiest way to make warriors needed in AL is to make a requirement to have a warrior in a party with obstacles that can only be cleared by a warrior. Heck even do that for a mage as well. So now all parties must have at least one warrior and mage. Yeah yeah people will complain but they will get over it. Now all parties will be a mixed party and all classes will have a role. This takes very little effort or time. Also this will forever changed timed runs. Now a LB timed run party will need a very good warrior and a very good mage as opposed to doing the same old boring all rogue parties.
    Warriors should be improved so that players want them in parties. They shouldn't be shoehorned in with unnatural obstacles thrown into a map. This would be a lazy fix and would really turn me off from the game.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

that is exactly the issue with every event and every leaderboard run. while we have different leaderboards for each class in events, this still leaves warriors alone, since no rogue who runs for leaderboard want s to have a brake in the party. just one example. durinig farming events time is gold, rogues happily pay for ankhs and elixiers, but can t accept to loose loot chances with a slow party. so we need something to bring mixed parties near the speed of pure dps parties.
    taunting alone is not sufficient imho, since the newer maps have such a low mob density. and we re not asking for a free run, how about adding some things like a perfectly timed charged chest splitter adds a big armor debuff, or similar mechanics. a speed run should be possible with skill, not guaranteed to make it interesting. and by implementing these things on skill level, the usual gear gap discussion is avoided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rouges hav dodge,crit and long range,mage have shield,crit and long range,warriors have aahhh high hp and armor they die easy..some warriors hav high damage but they cant still deal massive damage like rouges and mage coz of low crit..having a high armor is actually not much helpful coz mobs can kill u with two hits..damage reduction on warriors shud be high and could withstand many mobs while doing aggro..not too keep on taping pots just to stay alive..warriors are made to resist to endure damage to survive and tolerate attacks from enemys while protecting the party..