Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to counter a nekro rogue at endgame

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Can you grow up at least a bit and stop that nonsense? I mean you confirmed im under geared, so its not bad isn't it?

You want prove ? OK !

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    First off let me say that you shouldn't be comparing yourself to rogues with para gems and a mythic weapon. Not only are u unskilled, but you are also undergeared.

I just recently geared up a mage and started playing, and I don't even have nekro, yet I manage to go 50-50 with a lot of nekro rogues, including roguechiha. Yes, I do have a para, yes I have eyes, but I can hold my own if they don't catch me on CD, despite the fact that I am using a toor against their nekro. There are subtle tricks a mage can use to put itself in an advantageous position, even in a winning one. If you don't know those, I suggest u either stop PvPing (and hence these whiny threads) or speak to someone who does. Arrypotta is a beast at vs rogues, and voorg is unparalleled in clashes. All that I know about playing mage came from talking to arry and watching the two of them clash.
    Just tell me the ign of your mage, i will arrange a vs roguechiha / theconan. I / we want to see that! Then you can show your immense skills as a mage! You can show me (36454 tdm kills / 27984 tdm death -> obviously unskilled) how to crush the nekro rogues! I will record it and post it here, so the whole community can see how goooooooooooodddd yyoouu aarree !

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm!
    Wow, I would love to see this video/s on how to counter nekro-rogues with 50-50 chance. Please upload, we'll be waiting so we can learn it too.

NOTE: This is not sarcasm, I really wanted to see and learn it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Just tell me the ign of your mage, i will arrange a vs roguechiha / theconan. I / we want to see that! Then you can show your immense skills as a mage! You can show me (36454 tdm kills / 27984 tdm death -> obviously unskilled) how to crush the nekro rogues! I will record it and post it here, so the whole community can see how goooooooooooodddd yyoouu aarree !

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm! [/QUOTE]

Wow! A bunch of ss from last cap makes you so pro! I don't mind trying however, even without my nekro. At least I am willing to try and learn, unlike you.

My mage is depressions. I don't get much time to play but when I do I will pm roguechiha for sure.

A race to 20 wouldn't be an accurate judge of the vs because pretty much every vs after one I win will be me without shield.
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-24-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: removed long quote and trash talk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Wow! A bunch of ss from last cap makes you so pro! I don't mind trying however, even without my nekro. At least I am willing to try and learn, unlike you, who cries non stop on forums.

My mage is depressions. I don't get much time to play but when I do I will pm roguechiha for sure.

A race to 20 wouldn't be an accurate judge of the vs because pretty much every vs after one I win will be me without shield.
    Please post the vid
    I'm sure it will be an awesome match! Good luck!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Wow, I would love to see this video/s on how to counter nekro-rogues with 50-50 chance. Please upload, we'll be waiting so we can learn it too.

NOTE: This is not sarcasm, I really wanted to see and learn it.
    I don't take the game seriously enough to ever record anything, but I can give you a few of the tricks I use.

Note: An undergeared rogue vs undergeared mage will always go to the rogue. You need to be a maxed out mage with at least 900 damage and 30 crit, ideally 5.5k hp for this to work against a similarly maxed out rogue.

Some of the tricks I use is to hold shield just long enough to absorb the damage of the first aimed shot. That way they are on CD and that gives you a 2 second window to take em out. Voorg IMO does this the best in game. Make them think they can drop you with a quick aimed, then pop shield at the last second (need good ping for this to work). Another trick I use is to fight as far away from packs as possible. There is absolutely no reason to be anywhere near packs, unless you wanna die. The purpose of this is to force the rogue to choose between a high damage skill (sp) or packs.

Add depressions in game maybe we can run together and I can show you what I mean.

Just let me know it is you as I don't accept random friend requests.

Edit: Never use heal. Fireball, light, ice is the way to go always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I played endgame mage for a bit and it wasn't that hard to counter rogue depending on skills and play style. If you can get your dmg high enough to force them to pierce you then use that to your advantage. If not try to save your nekro until the last second when their nekro shield goes off since most rogues will use their nekro before a fight so that gives you at least 3-4 seconds advantage on them. There's a few tactics that can work but max vs max it will be a hard fight
    ign Plaztik

Robhawk

Wow! A bunch of ss from last cap makes you so pro! I don't mind trying however, even without my nekro. At least I am willing to try and learn, unlike you, who cries non stop on forums.
    I tried enough, be sure about that!

Oh really? A mage on shield cooldown is dead? Zzzzzzzzz thats just another ridiculous advantage rogues have, just get a mana pack and ready to go again...

I don't take the game seriously
    More then 1500 postings on games forum in less then 1,5 years tell me something else.

but I can give you a few of the tricks I use.
    The first time i give you credits for trying to share something usefull instead of insult!

Note: An undergeared rogue vs undergeared mage will always go to the rogue. You need to be a maxed out mage with at least 900 damage and 30 crit, ideally 5.5k hp for this to work against a similarly maxed out rogue.
    Aha... what did i speak about in all my threads that you call cry threads when you confirm a mage needs to be maxed out to be competetive? lol... Also i can tell you that 30% crit is not enough, the maxed out mages have 50% or close to that with around 1000 damage! I have 860 damage and 31% crit its not enough to 1 combo a rogue...

Some of the tricks I use is to hold shield just long enough to absorb the damage of the first aimed shot.
    True but impossible for me because permanent lag/ping spikes playing from germany on us servers. That is no option with ping beyond 200 and spikes up to 6k...

That way they are on CD and that gives you a 2 second window to take em out. Voorg IMO does this the best in game.
    How do you want to kill a rogue in just 2 seconds with 3 attack skills? This is only possible with 2 lucky crits out of 3 or its gg...

Make them think they can drop you with a quick aimed, then pop shield at the last second (need good ping for this to work).
    See above about ping...

Another trick I use is to fight as far away from packs as possible. There is absolutely no reason to be anywhere near packs, unless you wanna die. The purpose of this is to force the rogue to choose between a high damage skill (sp) or packs.
    Thats true and i have to say i did that wrong for a very long time...

Packs are the only thing i ever could kill rogues because of a mixture of bad gear and bad ping. Its impossible to get the timing which is needed to wait with shield to release. I mean its not that i dont know when it would be the best moment, its that i dont know what exact delay i got at the moment... is it a half second or 1 or 3 ? Impossible!

You should think about the fact, that ppl playing from around the world have a huuuuuuuugee connection disadvantage and the few minutes i get a real connection i perform 100 times better then normal but that is 1 out of 50 hours game play...

Edit: Never use heal. Fireball, light, ice is the way to go always.
    Imho it can be usefull even against rogues like Alhunt said but only the normal to under geared rogues. The maxed out just smash anything in no time!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-24-2015 at 12:28 PM.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Roninmoro

If we can't keep it civil I'll have to close this thread. I know PvP can get really heated, but I'd appreciate if we can watch the tone in here. Cleaning up a few posts as well!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Roninmoro For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I tried enough, be sure about that!

Oh really? A mage on shield cooldown is dead? Zzzzzzzzz thats just another ridiculous advantage rogues have, just get a mana pack and ready to go again...

More then 1500 postings on games forum in less then 1,5 years tell me something else.

The first time i give you credits for trying to share something usefull instead of insult!

Aha... what did i speak about in all my threads that you call cry threads when you confirm a mage needs to be maxed out to be competetive? lol... Also i can tell you that 30% crit is not enough, the maxed out mages have 50% or close to that with around 1000 damage! I have 860 damage and 31% crit its not enough to 1 combo a rogue...

True but impossible for me because permanent lag/ping spikes playing from germany on us servers. That is no option with ping beyond 200 and spikes up to 6k...

How do you want to kill a rogue in just 2 seconds with 3 attack skills? This is only possible with 2 lucky crits out of 3 or its gg...

See above about ping...

Thats true and i have to say i did that wrong for a very long time...

Packs are the only thing i ever could kill rogues because of a mixture of bad gear and bad ping. Its impossible to get the timing which is needed to wait with shield to release. I mean its not that i dont know when it would be the best moment, its that i dont know what exact delay i got at the moment... is it a half second or 1 or 3 ? Impossible!

You should think about the fact, that ppl playing from around the world have a huuuuuuuugee connection disadvantage and the few minutes i get a real connection i perform 100 times better then normal but that is 1 out of 50 hours game play...

Imho it can be usefull even against rogues like Alhunt said but only the normal to under geared rogues. The maxed out just smash anything in no time!
    Most of the post was not directed at you. It was directed at someone willing to learn. Anyhow, I manage to combo rogues with ease with 36 crit (without nekro shield). I do have significantly more damage than you, but that is due to lack of para, which not that many players have anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

LOOL

.... that is all i have to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Now imagine a rogue without nekro going up against one with a nekro... #fml

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i like vs'ing a mage with nekro when i had no nekro yet and still...xD

but there are a few good mages out there maybe less than .01% of the population of the mages (who knows how to gear up and get the right combo/s) who can keep up with the very best rogues in vs.

just a nab's opinion though. xD
    Last edited by glendame; 09-25-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i like vs'ing a mage with nekro when i had no nekro yet and still...

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by glendame View Post
    (who knows how to gear up and get the right combo/s) who can keep up with the very best rogues in vs.
    The knowledge alone isn't enough. I can exactly tell you which gear i want:

Elondrian gun
    imbued of force helm
    imbued of force armor
    Belt Brawn
    Arcane ring
    Planar pendant

Im fine when all items have following gems: 1 para, 2 eyes, the legendary items are fine with just 2 EYEs. So i know exactly what i wont but don't have the gold to buy it.

Even with my current setup replacing all current gems with eyes would be: 202 STR, 194 DEX, 700 INT, 46% crit. So give me 14 EYE`s, they add 42 STR, 42 DEX and 14,4 crit

Quote Originally Posted by glendame View Post
    i like vs'ing a mage with nekro when i had no nekro yet and still...xD
    Nekro doesn't help a mage that much against good geared rogues that don't have nekro... its like absorbing 1 aimed shot with health drop to 20% ... So nekro AA is gone with 1 shot and you need to cast mage shield. The only good thing about a rogue without nekro is the ability to stun/panic her to prevent the packs. Thats the chance to win for the mage.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-25-2015 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Oh really? A mage on shield cooldown is dead? Zzzzzzzzz thats just another ridiculous advantage rogues have, just get a mana pack and ready to go again
    He's talking about a mage without nekro vs. a rogue with nekro. A mage with nekro would have another shield ready to go. A rogue without nekro wouldn't have a shield either (and has no damage reduction shield at all).

Just curious. Is there going to be a part 2 for this thread that talks about how OP mages with Nekros are in clashes? Or are we just going to stick to one on ones, which is what rogues are designed for and really should excel at?
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 09-25-2015 at 11:42 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

agree with king, its 50-50. I cant kill a super geared rogue using my mage(since my mage isnt overly geared as well) however if a rogue doesnt know what he/shes doing then a mage can possible kill him. But I have no match on rogues with knowledge and gears, its a gg.

cute is just my cover

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    He's talking about a mage without nekro vs. a rogue with nekro. A mage with nekro would have another shield ready to go. A rogue without nekro wouldn't have a shield either (and has no damage reduction shield at all).

Or are we just going to stick to one on ones, which is what rogues are designed for and really should excel at?
    You, like many others that dont really understand the meaning of class balance, play this game not long enough! The class balance in terms of mage > rogue in a vs was just fine until nekro was released. This pet is the ultimate game changing item that just break the balance and no nekro doesnt help a mage as much as a rogue. I tried to explain that so often but once again: Nekro gives a rogue a pretty good shield although a shield is a mage skill and other classes should not get it! Its like the curse on a warriors weapon some time ago... rogues and Warriors get the mage`s skill which makes the mage class weaker! The weak point when the rogue faces the mage is the need to get the packs to survive. On the other hand the strength of the mage is the possibility to prevent the rogue from picking the packs with f.e. with a charged fireball. In the past the crucial point in a mage vs rogue was the point when the rogue dropped the packs! When the rogue gets the packs the mage lost, when the mage could deny the packs the mage won! Nekro just makes any sort of stun impossible and that is the reason why nekro breaks balance... it is impossible to deny the rogue packs.

Imho Nekro shouldnt do stun immunity in pvp, problem solved!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-25-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

You, like many others that dont really understand the meaning of class balance, play this game not long enough! The class balance in terms of mage > rogue in a vs was just fine until nekro was released. This pet is the ultimate game changing item that just break the balance and no nekro doesnt help a mage as much as a rogue. I tried to explain that so often but once again: Nekro gives a rogue a pretty good shield although a shield is a mage skill and other classes should not get it! Its like the curse on a warriors weapon some time ago... rogues and Warriors get the mage`s skill which makes the mage class weaker! The weak point when the rogue faces the mage is the need to get the packs to survive. On the other hand the strength of the mage is the possibility to prevent the rogue from picking the packs with f.e. with a charged fireball. In the past the crucial point in a mage vs rogue was the point when the rogue dropped the packs! When the rogue gets the packs the mage lost, when the mage could deny the packs the mage won! Nekro just makes any sort of stun impossible and that is the reason why nekro breaks balance... it is impossible to deny the rogue packs.

Imho Nekro shouldnt do stun immunity in pvp, problem solved!
    Still waiting for you to talk about clashes, where mages have clearly benefitted from Nekro more.

Here's an idea. How about making back to back shields not work, like how back to back Nekro shields don't work. You have to wait a few seconds. Rogues wouldn't be able to use razor right after Nekro. Mages couldn't use their shield right after the Nekro shield. It would require more timing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Still waiting for you to talk about clashes, where mages have clearly benefitted from Nekro more.

Here's an idea. How about making back to back shields not work, like how back to back Nekro shields don't work. You have to wait a few seconds. Rogues wouldn't be able to use razor right after Nekro. Mages couldn't use their shield right after the Nekro shield. It would require more timing.
    Yea make it like that. Easier for us rogues to kill mages.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I find as a mage with 5.5k hp 1400 armor 900dmg 40% crit and nekro. Close to your gear bhawk. YES WE KNOW YOU DONT HAVE 40% CRIT. But u have good dmg armor.
    I beat alot of good rouges with nekro. Only few i can never kill like zues having 50 ping insane and other full eye/parra rouges. So few out of most. I imagine this will work for you. Spec: sheild, heal, ice, light, crit 5, armor 5, str 5, int 5, dex 5, no split specs! Use passive. The rest is up to skill ( you say have in abundance ), and things you (should) already know. so you will be fine now. If you already tryed this spec try harder and get used to it. It works well for 1v1. I tell you this as im very inactive at the moment enjoy.

Rouges 1v1 masters. fully gear rouge in 1v1 vs fully gear mage/tank = rouge wins unless they make a mistake or 2

ps. you cant ever be the supreme power in al pvp you will always die Know this.
    Just hope to take as many down as you can before you die
    If you cant get used to it Make a rouge or pve

Just thoughts

Not Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darkquantum; 09-26-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkquantum View Post
    I find as a mage with 5.5k hp 1400 armor 900dmg 40% crit and nekro. Close to your gear bhawk. YES WE KNOW YOU DONT HAVE 40% CRIT. But u have good dmg armor.
    4,8k hp, 1400 armor, 849 dmg, 31% crit and nekro, a legendary 46 gun, no para gem, 2 EYE`s. FYI lightning strike maxed damage 1950... So you want to compare that to your stats with elondrian myth gun with para gem and more EYE`s ? Honestly?

lol...

I beat alot of good rouges with nekro. Only few i can never kill like zues having 50 ping insane and other full eye/parra rouges. So few out of most. I imagine this will work for you. Spec: sheild, heal, ice, light, crit 5, armor 5, str 5, int 5, dex 5, no split specs! Use passive.
    I used that setup vs rogues since early 2014 because it is by far the best against rogues.

The rest is up to skill ( you say have in abundance ), and things you (should) already know. so you will be fine now. If you already tryed this spec try harder and get used to it. It works well for 1v1. I tell you this as im very inactive at the moment enjoy.
    Put your myth gun away and equip a legendary l46 of your choice, get your hp below 5000, decrease crit by 10% and then try to vs a good rogue. When you realize how useless this is, come back to this thread and i accept your apology!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post: