Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to counter a nekro rogue at endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Its just annoying to know anything you will try will fail because of game design mistakes, except you are a rogue...

Since im a pvp type of player since i started playing back in Duke Nukem 3D times, i just ask myself why i chose AL-mage... The chances were pretty good to get 1 toon with good pvp capabilities, but no... i took the mage - lol!
    as a rogue myself..who goes into pvp when in the mood...i basically get rekt by people who i used to easily kill before...and that ruins my mood...so i dont think that class makes any diff..nekros are overall op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Roby!!! sup? XD

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    as a rogue myself..who goes into pvp when in the mood...i basically get rekt by people who i used to easily kill before...and that ruins my mood...so i dont think that class makes any diff..nekros are overall op
    Well i sign that although nekro helps rogues far more then any other class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well i sign that although nekro helps rogues far more then any other class.
    true dat....

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by glendame View Post
    Roby!!! sup? XD
    Suuup nab!

ps: Ask Glend about his best support pet... its me! lol!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Hey bro, the idea of gear switching while fighting is new to me but it is an interesting new aspect! Since i have only 1 good item per gear slot i don`t need to switch something because there is nothing better.

l46 Boulder Barrel of Brut (2 reinforced glacials)
    l46 Supreme Hat of Lethality (2 eyes, thx Dbl bro )
    l43 Slaterock Robe (3 standard minds)
    l43 Bonecrusher brawn (3 standard minds)
    l41 Rendtail`s Ring (3 reinforced glacials)
    l41 Ancient Planar Pendant (3 standard minds)
    Its one of the most expensive tactics in PvP, I won't be surprised if its un-popular. Also it requires fast and accurate hands to be successful (means a lots of practice).
    Although back in the pet-resummoning days this tactics comes hand-in-hand with macro shortcuts. But nowadays only few uses it. Your gears and jewels are great, but the idea on the gear switching is to make two or more sets with different strategy in mind. While I personaly go for two types, the defensive STR/ARMOR type and the offensive INT/CRIT type which cost a lots of golds.

Using your set as example, but using STR fury jewels instead to prolong the Arcane shield life and highier health. The main purpose is to stall the rogue while she have nekro shield.
    Then switch to another gear set with INT mind jewels along with those para gems to quickly kill the rogue while nekro's AA is in cooldown.

I'll have to admit its difficult to do in the endgame, I play using this trick. But its very useful in the twinks.

In the end... once the rogue stacks 2 or more Aimshots, its the end for the sorcerer.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 09-23-2015 at 08:41 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Its one of the most expensive tactics in PvP, I won't be surprised if its un-popular. Also it requires fast and accurate hands to be successful (means a lots of practice).
    Although back in the pet-resummoning days this tactics comes hand-in-hand with macro shortcuts. But nowadays only few uses it. Your gears and jewels are great, but the idea on the gear switching is to make two or more sets with different strategy in mind. While I personaly go for two types, the defensive STR/ARMOR type and the offensive INT/CRIT type which cost a lots of golds.

Using your set as example, but using STR fury jewels instead to prolong the Arcane shield life and highier health. The main purpose is to stall the rogue while she have nekro shield.
    Then switch to another gear set with INT mind jewels along with those para gems to quickly kill the rogue while nekro's AA is in cooldown.

I'll have to admit its difficult to do in the endgame, I play using this trick. But its very useful in the twinks.

In the end... once the rogue stacks 2 or more Aimshots, its the end for the sorcerer.
    Very interesting to read, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Nekro shield for rogues > Nekro shield for mages. It's just the way the wind blows lol.

I'd suggest going no stun skills. Shield, charge light, ice, heal when HP drops low (for an under geared mage like me, that is immediately after invulnerability finishes...) and use Nekro AA. If you have gear on par to the rogue's, you have about a 75% chance to win. If its lesser gear...more like 10%.
    Ur undergeared? Lies xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I quote Zeus here: "• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF."

So chances against rogues in ctf are better then tdm...
    When the damage nerf for rogues was introduced, it was that way. Now the damage nerfing is in both CTF and TDM.
    Rogues have huge damage nerfed in any PVP arena.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    Its quite easy to counter nekro in ctf. Stay at the bottom so you have the better angle. When they use aa, run away for 10s then kill them. This is the same tactic i used before tons of nekros and even still now when theyre better geared than me. Sure they will say youre a runner, but its all about strategy. If i know i can farm a better feared rogue than me(Daisystar for example), then I too will use aa and then rush them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post

I agree on that. All pro twinks have few sets. I used hp set, dmg set and mana regen set.

All of these sets would be extremly expensive in endgame.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I just recently geared up a mage and started playing, and I don't even have nekro, yet I manage to go 50-50 with a lot of nekro rogues, including roguechiha. Yes, I do have a para, yes I have eyes, but I can hold my own if they don't catch me on CD, despite the fact that I am using a toor against their nekro. There are subtle tricks a mage can use to put itself in an advantageous position, even in a winning one. If you don't know those, I suggest u either stop PvPing (and hence these whiny threads) or speak to someone who does. Arrypotta is a beast at vs rogues, and voorg is unparalleled in clashes. All that I know about playing mage came from talking to arry and watching the two of them clash.
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-24-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: removed insulting remark

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lmao. That was kinda harsh.

But i agree. Im only affraid to vs a skilled mage. Who knows how to use his combo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Mages are best in clashes btw. Their role is to control crowd and support team. Not to win a vs against rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ofc rouges will kill you. They're masters at 1v1. My advice is just to be skilled and maxed out geared. Btw i know many mages and warriors that have completely rekt maxed out geared rouges in PvP. I used to complain too but now after realizing it i don't. :P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Dear STS edit: and all players ,

please tell me one way to counter a rogue using nekro? They are imune to every sort of stun or panic, they will get any dropped packs... As a mage nekros aa doesnt even protect from ONE aimed shot...

So tell me 1 way to counter that?

The answer is: There is no way to counter that, none! When the rogue cant be stunned/panic/terrified its just gg...So its obviously a design fault?
    How to counter making countless threads about class imbalance: make a rogue

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Suuup nab!

ps: Ask Glend about his best support pet... its me! lol!
    "support pet" xD

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    First off let me say that you shouldn't be comparing yourself to rogues with para gems and a mythic weapon. Not only are u unskilled, but you are also undergeared.
    Can you grow up at least a bit and stop that nonsense? I mean you confirmed im under geared, so its not bad isn't it?

You want prove ? OK !

Name:  Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-49-53.png
Views: 223
Size:  536.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-08-08-17-46-57.png
Views: 197
Size:  361.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-08-08-18-42-19.png
Views: 195
Size:  347.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-08-25-20-59-42.png
Views: 191
Size:  369.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-09-16-23-08-10.png
Views: 189
Size:  251.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-10-17-16-55-57.png
Views: 192
Size:  382.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-11-14-09-47-12.png
Views: 195
Size:  345.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-27-23-48-36.png
Views: 192
Size:  340.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-07-59.png
Views: 186
Size:  372.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-07-20-39-24.png
Views: 185
Size:  358.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-09-18-55-47.png
Views: 188
Size:  379.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-09-20-25-58.png
Views: 188
Size:  544.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-09-20-32-05.png
Views: 179
Size:  380.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-10-21-19-43.png
Views: 173
Size:  334.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-11-13-52-01.png
Views: 162
Size:  368.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-19-22-41-25.png
Views: 159
Size:  363.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-11-18-30-59.png
Views: 157
Size:  392.0 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-02-27-19-08-00.png
Views: 155
Size:  374.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-03-28-19-29-55.png
Views: 155
Size:  385.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-03-29-20-57-52.png
Views: 152
Size:  356.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-07-23-19-01.png
Views: 157
Size:  384.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-12-13-27-14.png
Views: 152
Size:  351.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-25-23-53-37.png
Views: 177
Size:  373.8 KB

I just recently geared up a mage and started playing, and I don't even have nekro, yet I manage to go 50-50 with a lot of nekro rogues, including roguechiha. Yes, I do have a para, yes I have eyes, but I can hold my own if they don't catch me on CD, despite the fact that I am using a toor against their nekro.
    Just tell me the ign of your mage, i will arrange a vs roguechiha / theconan. I / we want to see that! Then you can show your immense skills as a mage! You can show me (36454 tdm kills / 27984 tdm death -> obviously unskilled) how to crush the nekro rogues! I will record it and post it here, so the whole community can see how goooooooooooodddd yyoouu aarree !

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-24-2015 at 04:28 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I mean you confirmed im under geared, so its not bad isn't it?

You want prove ? OK !

Name:  Screenshot_2014-08-05-21-49-53.png
Views: 223
Size:  536.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-25-23-53-37.png
Views: 177
Size:  373.8 KB

Just tell me the ign of your mage, i will arrange a vs roguechiha / theconan. I / we want to see that! Then you can show your immense skills as a mage! You can show me (36454 tdm kills / 27984 tdm death -> obviously unskilled) how to crush the nekro rogues! I will record it and post it here, so the whole community can see how goooooooooooodddd yyoouu aarree !

Lets do this today! Its not about talking anymore, PROVE !!! You don't even need to gear down to my setup, just take your para/eye gear and run to 20 at tdm!
    You have eyes, do you not? And you have a nekro, while kingofninjas does not. Half of your ss show undergeared/less geared players, or players with no tank stacked on other team. Looks like you never take ss of when you get farmed?
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-24-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: removed long quote and trash talk

Robhawk

/delete

reason: Its not worth it to answer Oursizes.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-24-2015 at 05:51 AM.