Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Submission Thread - Design Fiery Weapons Contest - INTELLIGENCE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Equilibrium Staff

This is my design at last it finished, this has stopped me of playing PL for 2 days.

Weapon name: EQUILIBRIUM STAFF of ENTROPY MANIPULATION
    Character name: Chalchal
    Category: Int

Description:

Once upon a time in Alterra, there was a guild named The Alterran of Mech and Magic. The guild was intended for all Alterran that seek for the secret of the universe and use it for the sake of Alterra and its people, to meet and discuss their ideas and problems. For hundreds of years, they have crafted many powerful legendary weapons and armors. One of their legendary masterpiece weapon, created before they disappeared mysteriously, is the Equilibrium Staff of Entropy Manipulation. This staff was a result of hundreds of years of effort to unveil the secret behind mechanics of the energy balance in the universe. The staff was designed by a group of powerful Enchantresses who study and preserve the knowledge of how the energy in the universe sustains and balanced well. They put their best effort, skill and knowledge to create one of this staff to face a great war in their era, but soon destroyed it after the war, feared its power would fall to evil intention. But they preserved the recipe of the staff in another dimension that can only be unlocked using the power harvested from the Orbs of Nature. In fact, the staff was powered by the Orbs itself. No wonder what the Silknight is to after she acquired the Orbs of Nature.

The staff works by manipulating the equilibrium of energy of its surrounding; it absorbs energy, in the form of heat, from its surrounding and focusing it in one place (the part where the flame coming out) before throwing it into poor enemy of its caster in the form of fireball. As a result of this, owing to the fact that the universe conform to what the enchantresses call the Energy Conservation Law, some area surrounding the staff will experience decrease in temperature as the heat of that area is absorbed by the staff. To control this mechanism, the Enchantresses divided the staff into two parts, the Low Entropy part where the heat from ambient energy is absorbed, and the High Entropy part where the heat is gathered and focused, ready to be blown up, throwing a massive fireball. This Entropy Manipulation part (that glows blue and red) is named Rencong by the Enchantresses.
    Unexpected to the Enchantresses who created it, the staff mechanism results in secondary power to the staff; the sudden decrease of temperature of surrounding area of the staff induces an effect similar to Enchantress ice storm spell around the caster. This means easier effort for an Enchantress to create Hot splash.
    The staff itself is a masterpiece of design. The Enchantresses has designed the staff's center of weight to the part where most enchantress would grip it, resulting in good balance. The Entropy Manipulation part (the red and blue part) is designed to be made from ceramics to reduce its overall weight, and to withstand the great variation of temperature along the part which other materials will fail. The blade in front of the staff is supposed to provide some protection to a poorly armored enchantress.

With this features and ability, the staff is surely what the Silknight is looking for by capturing the Orbs of Nature.

Stats:
    -the DPS of the staff will be relatively low due to its weight
    -the damage is massive, with an out-sized fireball, knocking back enemy
    -good balance of the staff means increased hit% and dodge for the caster
    -it also accelerate the mana and health regen of its caster

Procs:
    -with a blade in front of it, the enchantress could do some slashing to the attacker, hence chance of inflicting little amount of damage to melee enemy that attack the enchantress
    -sudden decrease of surrounding temperature means in chances of casting Icestorm (by the staff), the chances increase with the caster level
    Last edited by Israr; 05-18-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: editing the description

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character Name: Egir

Category: Int

Your Items Name:Leather Whip of Classic

Description: 14m attack range. When it attacks, it can twist round the mob and the mob who was attacked will be fired. This item will be most powerful and most Glamorous for mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, lemme try ^^

Character name : jswn
    Category : Int
    Item name : Matahari

[IMG][/IMG]

Procs : hypnotize (mobs/boz are unable to attack, coz one of weapon's power caused hallucination, 7 sec, 12m range), stun, electrocute, drain life
    Descr: Matahari is the demon queen in the dark world. She leads an army of evil witches against the goods and possesses great mystical power. She was a beautiful lovely princess and a close friend of Silknight. Until one day, Matahari was exiled by the king as his promise to a slick concubine if she gave the crown son. Then, Matahari proceeded to take her revenge by destroying the kingdom, killing all men and eating infants. Day by day, she's getting stronger and often appears in the form of beautiful woman to find a prey.
    Together with Matahari, Silknight has ambition to conquer the world, start from Alterra...
    I luv & enjoy playin game, that's simple jsewan, mage, 61/ jswn, bird, 61/ jsallegro, bear, 61/ acidmatahari, engineer, 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character name : Johnny Storm
    Item name : Staff of the Black Storm

Description : The greek god Zeus once crafted 3 powerful weapons.A sword,a dagger and a staff.His plan was to sent them to the mortals to help against the war with the titans,army of Ades.However Ades somehow managed to steal these powerful items and he added in them his own dark power.Now whoever gets his hands on one of these items,he should posses incredible power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Umm - so I didn't get a chance to create a sketch or mock-up of a design - but just wanted to say these look fantastic so far but wanted to ask the DEVS a question...

would you consider a 2 sided staff for a mage? fire and ice is already incorporated into the weapons theme but wind is not...since mages lack any pushback (otner than fire and that is minimal compared to Bear Stomp and Bird Repulse) I was thinking that one end of the staff can be a wind element that does essentially the same thing...

the other side can be earth related - if mage stomps staff on ground causing the ground to tremble & stun enemies (again mages lack the ability to stun like bears and birds).

Just an idea...and wondered if Devs have ruled out double sided staffs as it may overpower mages...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Umm - so I didn't get a chance to create a sketch or mock-up of a design - but just wanted to say these look fantastic so far but wanted to ask the DEVS a question...

would you consider a 2 sided staff for a mage? fire and ice is already incorporated into the weapons theme but wind is not...since mages lack any pushback (otner than fire and that is minimal compared to Bear Stomp and Bird Repulse) I was thinking that one end of the staff can be a wind element that does essentially the same thing...

the other side can be earth related - if mage stomps staff on ground causing the ground to tremble & stun enemies (again mages lack the ability to stun like bears and birds).

Just an idea...and wondered if Devs have ruled out double sided staffs as it may overpower mages...
    listen to instruction..... this is the submission only thread. ask your questions and/or discuss here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Character Name: Scatterbeak
    - Your Items Name: Jar of Unexepected End
    - Written description of the weapon: Wand - INT

"All the long, under my nose, I've had the perfect tools for destruction. Infused with the power from the Nature orbs, this jar of seemingly unimportant fire bugs, will unleash my wrath on Alterra. Enjoy them, you foolish elves, enjoy them all the way to your DOOM!"

The Jar of Unexpected End was created by gathering hundreds of fire bugs and infusing them with the power of the Destruction ORB. They are far more painful than they appear. Unleashed, only a few at a time, the fire bugs will distract their enemies while they burn in their enjoyment! It will "proc" the cheer emote.
    Last edited by WSPro; 05-18-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Angry Curt much?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    listen to instruction..... this is the submission only thread. ask your questions and/or discuss here
    I also complimented on other people's submissions and while you are a GOA why don't you carry the title with a little more grace. No wonder newbies and others who have played PL for a while hesitate to post on forums.

This is not the only time in which your comments have been construed as brash or curt so as much as you give "instruction" you might want to take some as well. I am not going to hihack this thread, start a flame war nor am I trying to incite one but felt like you should know how you come across.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Image Link: http://img219.imageshack.us/i/salamanderstaff.png/

Character Name: Amorosa

Category: Intelligence

Item’s Name: Fire Salamander Staff

History: When evil witch Silknight stole the sacred Orbs of Nature, she used its energies to create Legendary Fiery Weapons. One of those weapons being a very powerful fire staff. The staff consisted of a solid yet very manageable handle made of sacred Forest Haven Birch, a fire marble head end, and wrapped around the handle, a live Alterran fire salamander. Alterran fire salamanders are incredibly magical creatures that according to legend are able to feed off and, to some level, control the element of fire. Silknight, having once studied the magical properties of these rare, once thought to be extinct creatures, hunted them down and enchanted them so they would become part of her Legendary Weapons, as a way to enhance their power even more. The fire salamander helps the possessor of the staff channel the fire energy of the stolen Orbs of Nature into casting the most powerful fire spells, as the essence stolen from the Orbs is forever entrapped inside the unbreakable glass marble. The material it is made of a is wonderful fire magic conductor, due to the fact that birch is a highly flammable wood due to the natural oil it contains, a property very beneficial to fire weapons once the wood is enchanted not to perish in the flames, since the staff is constantly engulfed in magical flames, burning all but its owner.

Short Description: Created by the evil witch Silknight, this Legendary Fiery Weapon uses a fire salamander to channel the powers of the stolen sacred Orbs of Nature.

I tried to keep my designs simple (because I figured the in-game 3D models can’t be tremendously overly detailed or exceedingly intricate) and yet unique. :3
    Last edited by Amorosa; 05-18-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Added Picture

Chronicler of Alterra Bobloblaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb Bramble Staff of Fiery Doom

Character Name: Tobiiasfunke
    Category: Intelligence - Staff

Your Items Name: Bramble Staff of Fiery Doom

Background:
    Here lies the infamous and elusive Bramble Staff of Fiery Doom. The evil witch Silknight, residing in the depths of Forest Haven, had the ultimate goal of imparting her evil will upon all of Alterra. In order to accomplish this twisted feat she and her minions captured Forest Haven’s sacred Orbs of Nature and corrupted them with her magic.

Calling upon her favorite element Fire, she bent and twisted the Fire orb's energies around the very fabric of the forest around her. It's once lush vegetation was transformed into something very different, very powerful, and very evil. This is the staff she chose for herself, molded in her image. She began with brambles, as twisted as she was, and wrapped them around the flaming energy. The brambles, once green with life, aged almost immediately and began to turn brown and wither as the corruption moved from source to tip. As the flaming energy approached the tip a roaring fire sprang fourth and charred the end of the staff in a fiery erruption. Thus, the evil Silknight's Bramble Staff of Fiery Doom was born. It is a constant reminder to those who oppose her will that she possesses the power to twist and corrupt the beautiful, living faction of Alterra into something infinitely more terrible and destructive.

Inspiration:
    The inspiration for this came from the idea of Silknight twisting the living into a fiery oblivion, as can be seen from the transition of wood from its green point of origin to its charred, flaming tip.

I appreciate weapons whose design calls upon the level/region in which they are acquired (such as the rocky looking gear from sandstone caves) so I tried to incorporate the forest into my design. Also, although I didn't draw other views, my intent was to wrap the two bramble pieces around the fire as it rises up in a column between the two. It is slightly noticable from the shading and overlay near the topmost crossover point but I wanted to mention this outright as well.

Potential Procs:
    I think a flaming proc causing damage over time to the target would be appropriate. A small amount of splash damage would also fit the weapon.

Description Idea:
    Due to "bramble" being in the name the best I can come up with would be to substitute bramble for something using "ramble". Possibly some allusion to Led Zeppelin's song "Ramble On" (which references a quest, mordor, and other fantasy-type themes). For example, "I'm gonna Bramble on, sing my song!"

I hope you all like my submission.

Last edited by Bobloblaw; 05-18-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Hot, my set submissions are post 71 in each of the three category threads!
    Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobloblaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character name:Stephnee
    Weapon name: Blazing Scythe Staff
    Description: After Silknight began to harness the powers of the orbs, there was a tremor that left a small rift in the ground. Out of the depths of the underworld this scythe was enchanted with the orbs powers to create the most powerful weapon the evil enchantress had ever laid eyes upon. This fiery weapon shoots powerful fire bolts from its blade that could cause even the bravest of warriors to be intimidated and even petrified of its power.
    Possible Proc could be the staff spinning in a 360 rotation, creating a ring of fire damaging all enemies within range (+ 2-6 sec stun or possible drain life)
    Lvl 56 Enchantress ~Stephnee~ Lvl 55 Warrior Stephneee Lvl 21 Engineer Astrastephnee lvl 20 Operative Novastephnee lvl 20 Commando Lunastephnee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Manibrium's Corrupted Iron Wand

Character: Manubrium
    Intelligence weapon
    Item name: Manibrium's Corrupted Iron Wand

After many months following Bonebeak into the Dark Forest, hunting the elusive low level pink Dark Forest Leather Armor, Manubrium lost faith in the legend. No longer sharing Bonebeak's passion, she moved on to the Sandstone Caves, leaving Bonebeak and his followers without a mage.

Bonebeak then went missing. Feeling the weight of guilt for abandoning her ally, she returned to the Trail of Thieves, seeking answers, confident her high level powers would amply protect her from the armored forces of Silknight.

Silknight, remembering Manubrium's crimes against her minions, trapped her in the very same spot Bonebeak was felled only a few nights before. Her minions, using new and more powerful weapons forged with the power of the stolen Orbs of Nature, quickly dispatched the mage.

Silknight, ever the opportunist, took Manubrium's Iron Wand, corrupting it, enchanted vines entwining it's handle, hosting an eternal flame that heats the wand's tip, enhancing it's magical power.

Bonebeak's Corrupted Heavy Crossbow
    Grizzlybone's Corrupted Hammer
    Last edited by ChadM; 05-18-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My attempt to draw.
    Character Name: Raazesk
    Category: INT
    Your Items Name: Silknight's Fiery Staff of Ruin
    Written description of the weapon: Along time ago, when Silknight was just a wee lass, she had dreams of becoming a powerful mage. During this time, her father, on his deathbed, gave her his staff. The Staff of Ruin. From then on she was determined to avenge her father's death on the peaceful realm of Alterra. After years of toil, she finally captured the Orbs of Nature. Within the Staff of Ruin, she infused the power of these orbs, and the soul of Babrax the Demon to create Silknight's Fiery Staff of Ruin. With this staff, she would lead her army to victory over Alterra. . .
    Other:The orbs and fire glow a bit. The fire also moves (if possible). It has a 50% chance to do 25% damage to surrounding enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Exploding Licking Flame Wand AKA ELF

Character Name: Keocaty
    Category: Brilliant Intelligence
    Your Items’ Name: Exploding Licking Flame Wand AKA ELF
    Images of your design. What does the weapon look like?
    ELF was just a normal matchstick tucked away in a gnomes rucksack when the gnome and the sack were struck by lightening. The matchstick became enraged at the death of the gnome that he blew his stack. Instead of bursting with all that pent-up anger, ELF just grew in size until his flame became unstoppable! ELF’s intense anger enabled the dancing flame to leap out and wrap its self, snake-like, around his target. His connection to Silknight you ask? Silknight was ELF’s intended victim eons ago when she was just a budding sorceress. While watching from behind some poor hapless bears she had turned to stone, ELF was enamored by Silknight’s dedication to darkness and the fathomless depth of her black soul. Since dark is only the absence of light, ELF and Silknight decided they were the completion of the other and have been inseperatable ever since.
    Last edited by drgnlvr; 05-18-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

char name: superss
    category: int
    item name:Silknight’s eruption-staff
    description:“Yes…’’ Silknight mutters one dark night “I have done it!” “done what?” one of her followers said. “I have taken the orb of fire and have put a third of its essence into this staff. When its energy is channeled at something the very core of Alterra will tremble and new volcanoes will arise out of the ground sending the energy of the core of Alterra into the staffs’s focus stone” “than what will happen?” Silknight’s underling said “the core of Alterra will unleash all of its energy and send a wave of fire over the entire realm of Alterra… the day will forever be known as the day of the FIERY DOOM!”

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Character: Elyseon
    Category: Int, 1-handed

Name: Glowing Furnace Spellbook of Eternity
    Description:
    This is silknight's own spell book which she obtained from the shadow witch. Unfortunately silknight only possesses enough skill to summon blue flaming orbs. She has also taught all her mages to use the same skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character Name: Magepanda
    Category: int
    Item's Name: Magepanda's Bamboo Fire Tri-Wand
    Size: loosely based on Mamboza's voodoo fire pin
    Description:
    A rare and indestructible wand crafted by Panda masters in a remote cave deep in the misty bamboo forests of Oolong-Altera. Accompanied by a ghostly floating Panda with a golden aura, the tri-wand emits three quick fireballs in rapid succession. To honor the master Magepanda, a small bamboo shoot sprouts where each fireball explodes. Woe unto any who feel the burn!

This rare item is usually found only in the Dark Forest, but a few wise Pandas have been heard to whisper that one or two extremely rare level 35 pink wands once existed…

Last edited by Magepanda; 05-18-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oops one sec, uploading pic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

May 18th, in the year 2937.

Long ago, there was a world once known as Arterra. A place were everything was peaceful and calm. The utmost darkest green leaves scattered the branches of the trees. Fruit so bright you could hardly look at them for long. And skies the deepest blue you can imagine. A world so beautiful that people from all ends of the galaxy came to see and find out if the stories were true. It was this way for many years, until others from the deepest darkest corners of the galaxy heard about this new found world of Alterra. They came to this world slowly at first. It was after this first wave of attacks that it became clear the need to establish a group of protectors to protect the evil from entering. It was this day 1 of each type of the races inhibiting this world (Bear, Bird, and Elf) were selected and brought forth before the king. He called upon the power of the Nature Orbs and bestowed upon each of us a weapon that had the ability to use and channel the orbs energy. These weapons were known as Wrapped Staff of Nature, Wrapped Sword of Nature, and Wrapped Talon of Nature. It was us selected few that were given magical powers in hopes that we would be able to protect the world. We were known as the Guardians of Alterra.

In the corner of the city known as Forest Haven lived a powerful enchantress known as Silknight who grew angry with the news that she had not been choosen to be a guardian. She became jealous and angry, she started to be drawn towards the dark powers. One by one she started to kill the guardians to obtain these weapons. With her powers she has begun to twist them into fiery weapons of doom. The sword is now known as Wrapped Sword of Doom, the talon Wrapped Talon of Doom...and she is now coming for the staff. Already I sense her coming, drawn towards the energy of the weapon I hold. I no longer have the energy to fight, she will obtain all 3 of the weapons and together with her minions they will destroy the land, and nobody will be able to stop them. You must find her and retrieve these sacred weapons, you are our only chance. You have a long battle ahead of you, but remember...the spirits of the Guardians will always be with you. My time has come to an end, it is up to you now. You must come and fight, before it's too late...

-Wrap

Character Name: Wrap

Category: Intelligence - Staff

Item Name: Wrapped Staff of Doom

Item Description: Once held by the legendary Guardian known as Wrap.

Other: Basic wooden staff with green vines wrapping around and the glow of a fire orb at the top.
    Last edited by Wrap; 05-18-2011 at 10:43 PM.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Submissions to the contest are closed. The Dev Team is now going through the entries and judging them.