Thread: What I find good in Arlor and what I think needs improvement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default 101 Game Suggestions - How to make Arcane Legend win the BEST MMORPG AWARD 2016 + How

v 0.3 (Got some time to edit on this further...)
    Happy new year 2016 Everyone!
    I finally got time to add more to this list.

Dear STS,
    After playing the game for the better part of an year and half, here's what my game sheet looks like :
    First the good part:

What's cool :

1) Jewels rock. I think the mechanism is cool and the concept is fair.
    2) The new UI is looking good! It looks neat and organized.(Just request that we can stack the jewels like Fury x4 etc in the inventory)
    3) The focus on farming is welcome.Good to see that Bar and insignias are dictating the market as it should be.
    4) The new rengol maps are cool and even if people scream they are just 3, we know you are working hard on it !
    5) An awesome developer community who is most importantly "hearing"!(I should have said this at the top but well said nonetheless!)
    6) Mini events every week! I think this is just awesome! I just don't get it how you guys are able to keep this up for weeks and weeks!
    7) New L46 weapons are good addition to take the fight to the orcs.
    8) 3rd B'day! Happy B'day. Great event !
    9) Vanity weapons and UI. Looks cool !!

And on top of that you guys thank us for being Awesome ! You're awesome! Each and every one of you in STS ![P.S. Your new base looks cool... can I join ? ]
    Just can't get enough of Arlor !

What needs Improving / What the game further needs :

1) Inventory Listings should be like done for Planar essence.(The concept like Ren'gol x 20 looks more organised that scrolling down and down to list my golden chest in cs).
    2) There should be a mechanism to convert lower quality gems(water, nature etc..) to rarer ones(mind,fury.finesse and chaos).
    Mechanism such that Tarlok like gems could be crafted which give a stat of 1 level lower, for eg.standard nature and water could be combined to give a weak health + mana bonus and fury,finesse,mind to eye ...i guess code/interface for that must already be there)
    (Already noble water jewels are selling in the market less that what they are crafted for - 123k craft cost and going in cs at 89k!).This will also prevent saturation of these jewels later in the game.
    3) There should a button to go directly to km3,wt4 and planar tombs arena.
    4) There should be a option to donate money in a kind of lottery and sts chooses a winner(or 3) each week who gets it all!Or a lottery machine in Towns!
    5) There should be a mechanism to get pets we weren't able to get. ( If I started out a bit late doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to get those long forgotten arcane pets like Samuel, SNS etc!)
    6) There should be a ranking mechanism in the game which gives your toon an overall rank in the game. For Eg. based on your stats values,kdr, pve etc you can have rank like 10234/1098273 etc...which will reflect the players competency in the game.It would be better if this is visible to others as well !
    7) More inventory space please! Every week we are getting new vanities,banners and gear. Just not enough space to keep it. You could make it 750?(or 600)
    With still more 3rd B'day vanities we are getting more and more cramped.HELP!
    8) A credits link in the game would be nice. I would like to see the names and would love to make other people know who all created this awesome game !
    9) Down the road the jewels should have a lvl9.(So that the eyes are accounted for!) and more so because lvl 4 and 5 are now starting to get common.
    10) The potential loot from any kind of treasure chest should be displayed. (You could make it like an Info button of some sort?) What would be even nice is if we could have the odds listed against each type of loot we can get!
    11) Reduce Drop rate of nature, water and diamond jewels in tombs. Instead +1 HP Potion and +1MPotion could be given.
    12) Pets should be categorized as per rarity in addition to alphabetical order.(With toggle option) Imagine if someone names a pet starting with "Z" an other with "A" and these 2 are arcane. Scrolling like crazy to summon them....(I don't have them but just saying ).
    13) There should be an option to get platinum after logging for 50 days continuously(+x plat), 100 days(+2x plat), 150 days(+3x plat) etc...
    14) Gold version of pets should give above average stats for the same pet. (Little buff for the same but not such that it changes its class rarity).
    15) While typing, twink often dies inadvertently as we are typing, so twink should be made invulnerable, and as soon as we finish typing, invulnerability should go away, but it could be misused if you are the lone survivor in boss fight while you wait for backup,so some feedback here guys.
    16) All the daily quests should be available per day in a scroll-able menu from which we can select what all to do and corresponding rewards listed for completion. I don't even remember the names of low level ones I did way back !
    17) Community stats should be available in towns like LEADER BOARDS, to show number of people currently online, from which country, map preferences etc..just so we can see who's who.
    18) Player rating from d,d+,c,c+,b,b+,a,a+,a++,a+++,s,ss and finally SSS.
    19) This one I've wanted personally for a long time,so putting it in Bold,excuse my rudeness,
    GEAR SCORE (GS) for all the ITEMS ! This will not only help in the rating process, but even jewels should add GS,vanity should'nt, PETS should have GS,
    Player competency should be synonymous with GS.
    20) Rogue Active skill : HOMING ARROW - If enemy is out of screen charged NOX goes waste and often it hits those useless earthenware, but if Homing arrow is fired, it goes on to hit the primary target,
    Basically this arrow will have more range, so as to hit the off screen enemy.
    21) Rogue Active skill : ALCHEMY: sacrifice life for damage : x% health decreased per second for y% damage increase.(Just like elixir but drains life /mana)
    22) Rogue Active skill : SECOND CHANCE- Activate at start of map for 10% damage reduction,but better Chance to re-roll into better loot if you fire the KO kill,have full health and mana, lep on and took least damage in party.
    23) Pet damage and Bleed damage and secondary damage should be different color.
    24) CRAFT CANCEL option should be available. C'mon its elementary. I pushed craft by mistake and now it'll craft. Let cancel craft cost gold, but put it there please.
    25) Craft-able Pet eggs of same type can be combined to forge "Gold" versions. 10 instances of an egg should give a Gold version of the same !

26) Weapon tier system -> lvl1 base stat lvl2 (Formed by combining 3 lvl 1) should give +0.05 stat, similarly lvl 3(3 lvl2's) providing +0.1 stats and so on...
    27) Pet tier system -> Similar in above vein adding more power to pets.
    28) Guild centered events -> only you and your guilds can partake in the event. Top 10 or 20 or 50 guild points at end of event win!
    29) Jewel converter -> luck based chance to convert a 'n' level jewel to 'n-1' level other jewel
    30) 1000 inventory space -> Winter event again gave out 50+ items(10 dragon stalker+hunter, 6 brood vanity, lvl46's, frost covered items,recipes,ESSENCES,ice dragon scale!). I cannot carry them on my head.
    31) Guild active log -> All i know in my guild of 1000, which are lvl 46 who all r active give active % stat for weekly basis on guild page as well as friend page. I'll trim those who dont event login now..and are lvl 46 and i cant remember each of their names.
    32) New Jewels :
    32.1) Serpent Jewel(Life Leech) : n% Dmg returned as health.Crafted using 1 Fury+ 1 Finesse+ 1 Mind+1000g = 1 cracked life leech,
    32.2) Clover Jewel (Luck Jewel): n% chance to re-roll
    32.3) Endurance Jewel (Recovery Jewel): n% decrease in skill recovery time
    32.4) Blitzkrieg Jewel (Haste Jewel): n% increase in attack speed.
    32.5) Azure Jewel (Faster mana regeneration): Can be added in low tier maps,so that i dont just get water water everywhere but not another jewel to wear
    32.6) Long-life Jewel (Faster health regeneration): same as 7.5
    32.7) Clairvoyance Jewel (Gives 50% accurate prediction of next boss attack maybe area will be yellowed out?)
    32.8) Hatch Jewel (Better chance to re-rolll for an egg)
    32.9) Second life Jewel (Consumed on use) gives full health if health drops between 0-10% on next enemy hit, provided it falls between this zone.
    32.10) Obliteration Jewel: Scales all enemies down, crafted from fangs/vial of orcs-bane.
    33) Control over map entry: if i am 700+ dmg, I can enter that value optionally while map selection, so that I enter a zone where all are 700+. (Open for debate?)
    34) OK this will be a a game changer - STAT ELIXIR - when consumed will permanently increase either dex,int or str by 5.
    Should be arcane to craft (Maybe 1 planar ingot + 1 Dragonite bar + 1 Shard + Fortified Fury/FIn/Mind (To decide which type of stat to inc) + I know STS will make it more difficult ).
    35) AP's for acquiring 5 Arcane pets,10 Mythic pets,20 Helm vanity,20 Armor, 20 Wing vanity and so on.
    36) Tiered legends aura based on damage (1200+(RED),1000+(Orange),850+(pink)600+(blue),500 +(green),400+(Smallest circle),300+(LOL?)).
    37) Stash able energy essence, planar chests and reduced craft times.
    38) 1 Fang should be rewarded per elite daily repeatable completion.Random drops should be scrapped.
    39) Leeching should not result in loot generation.
    40) Best creative post in forums should be rewarded every week with Plat !
    41) More tiered weapons like slain weapons going all the way up to arcane.
    42) Random chance(25% ?) to speed up craft time using gold.
    43) Ankh drop from elite bosses above shuyal.
    44) Add new elite loot to low level maps - I haven't been to backenridge since...um i don't remember.
    45) Announce New leader-board season.
    46) Move planar essences, orc effigies to Satchel.
    47) Direct access to dungeons and mines
    48) Add plat reward for each 50 continuous days of login.
    49) More guild Ranking besides officer,recruiter etc.
    50) Make all vanities trade able.

I'll try to add still more onto this when I get the time.
    I know I sounded like a greedy Leprechaun in my wish list above but all of it was not a spur of a moment thing..
    Thanks for going through all these points and for reading this.
    I hope you all find these relevant and do leave your feedback what you think about these.

STS you might implement some of these, some you might not ,but remember the Arlorians aren't resting, there's still more orcs to be fought...and the fight goes on...
    Until later...

Oneazeli
    (Rogue,Expedition Camp - Arlor).
    Last edited by oneazeli; 01-16-2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Expanding Suggesstions

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oneazeli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

PRAISE NUMBER 6
    been wanting to show YOUR position on LB since i discovered the leaderboards,like I wanna know if I´m top 100.000 players, and stuff like that please fix that sts and i will love you long time.

although don´t show it to others that will lead to huge elitism and a worse climate in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Sry for going of topic:

Idk bt i got a way to get 1k ankhs without spending money more than that of 2 ankh kit maybe a glitch or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,009 Posts

You must be new. Jewels do not rock and unless you are decked in para or eye gems from a events a year ago your toon will never be as good as someone who is.

It's impossible to create the same stats with jewels as you get with these outdated yet very good gems.

Not to mention the drop rate of the better jewels is horrid and you are looking at 7m per noble.

It's very frustrating.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,009 Posts

No. The Ren gol maps are not cool either.

They are glitched, they give zero loot, and they are extremely boring.

Their only purpose is to give you an impossibly long grind to create a mythic set that has stats less than the previous caps gear. I don't know anyone that thinks the new maps are 'cool'.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    You must be new. Jewels do not rock and unless you are decked in para or eye gems from a events a year ago your toon will never be as good as someone who is.

It's impossible to create the same stats with jewels as you get with these outdated yet very good gems.

Not to mention the drop rate of the better jewels is horrid and you are looking at 7m per noble.

It's very frustrating.
    7m for a noble finesse? You got a sweet deal. I'm trying to justify spending north of 10m!

I guess I'll just have to buy cheaper eye gems, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,009 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    7m for a noble finesse? You got a sweet deal. I'm trying to justify spending north of 10m!
    You are right. My top finesse is a superb and it was around 7m.

I stand corrected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Candy..you r still correct.
    Almost 7m per noble is for a mage at approx 3k per crack.
    Fury & Finesse is 5 or 6k per crack I think so higher yes.

This has frustrated the hell out of me. I almost started investing in this but ended up buying 2 arcane pets.

Every time you think of only one noble costing that much...you just get depressed lol.

This jewel system is a total disaster & needs a major fixing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Candy..you r still correct.
    Almost 7m per noble is for a mage at approx 3k per crack.
    Fury & Finesse is 5 or 6k per crack I think so higher yes.

This has frustrated the hell out of me. I almost started investing in this but ended up buying 2 arcane pets.

Every time you think of only one noble costing that much...you just get depressed lol.

This jewel system is a total disaster & needs a major fixing.
    I really thought damaged and weak jewels would drop in the new elites. That was the only reason I was ok with the system. Turns out, I was wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

No. The Ren gol maps are not cool either.

They are glitched, they give zero loot, and they are extremely boring.

Their only purpose is to give you an impossibly long grind to create a mythic set that has stats less than the previous caps gear. I don't know anyone that thinks the new maps are 'cool'.
    Since the integration of the effigy recipe ingredients dropping from mobs, fangs have become almost as rare as egg drops..... As far as the LV46 mythic goes, after comparing the stats of my lv46 padded hat of assault (legendary) to the lv46 glintstone mythic helm, the difference is a disgrace... Very disappointing for a mythic set.... Very.....

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

@OP - #6 could cause some problems with all the different criteria. I'd suggest that on each LB there would be a counter at the bottom showing your position.

For example - PvP lb rank 8399101937473, top players rank 19293774. Lol

It's very frustrating.
    The OP is talking about the concept of jewels - which is great. The idea of farming jewels until you get the maximum and then have it forever is great!

I only wish sts would reintroduce primary gems. Those who can't afford to noble their gear can use this until they've finished crafting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The biggest problem of class jewels r that they r farmable in endgame with a vry low chance( i get jst lightning most :/ )

I like the old days when wearing a lepre nd grinding wt4 for 30 mins would give me enough essense to craft gems which directly gave stats of weak/standard jewels at endgame nd luck for a +6/+7 stats boost
    (this was a lot better bring them back or let weak/standard gems drop frm endgame at a good rate nd remove useless light diamond nature frm tindirin jst class jewels with a good drop rate)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I am talking about the concept of Jewels as a whole, the tiered mechanism. Whether drop rate is significant is up for debate but b'day event has got a lot of people going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Updated with new points

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I would like to see a lottery thing.