Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allows. View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  189.3 KB

Sorry STS, but this is ridiculous.
    U forget that Jewels, unlike Gems and Gold do not leave the system. They can get reused infinitely and therefore the constant supply of them will decrease their price over time anyways.
    Nothing is wrong there. Wait one or two years and Noble jewels will be everywhere. They will stay expensive for a long time, but their price will decrease gradually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lastmind View Post
    U forget that Jewels, unlike Gems and Gold do not leave the system. They can get reused infinitely and therefore the constant supply of them will decrease their price over time anyways.
    Nothing is wrong there. Wait one or two years and Noble jewels will be everywhere. They will stay expensive for a long time, but their price will decrease gradually.
    I thought the same way, but then I logged onto AL and realized something. I don't have that much fun anymore. I run my dailies and log off for several hours.

Amplify that to a majority of the player base, and you have a problem. It's not fun to play anymore. Why would someone work their butt off for a Noble, when they'll only be more bored in the end. Well, I guess they could farm more Nobles, right?

Jewels don't give enough bang for their buck. If STG hadn't scaled gems, the system might have been a tad more enticing. Just a tad.

The system isn't taking a long time because it is new. It's taking a long time because people realized that collecting 2187 jewels from the same three maps is a mind-numbing waste of time.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 09-24-2015 at 08:47 AM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I thought the same way, but then I logged onto AL and realized something. I don't have that much fun anymore. I run my dailies and log off for several hours.

Amplify that to a majority of the player base, and you have a problem. It's not fun to play anymore. Why would someone work their butt off for a Noble, when they'll only be more bored in the end. Well, I guess they could farm more Nobles, right?

Jewels don't give enough bang for their buck. If STG hadn't scaled gems, the system might have been a tad more enticing. Just a tad.
    This might be true for present, I do not denie that, but I was talking about the long term effects of that system. Like I said, the price will go constantly down over time. Their might be smaller disruptions on the way, but the overall trend is downwards. The system aims to the right direction and STS is aware of that. I donot expect any more changes to the dropratea and I do not think it js necessary. Just calm down, take it easy and give the system the time it needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

You forget the part where they allow the jewels to scale up, three or more times. Nobles are a waste of time when most of us aren't even going past the new mythic helm. The trade off for jewels was time and gold for re-socket-ability. When there's no new gear good enough to warranty bothering, it doesn't really work. Allowing the existing gems scale was a mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

since im a warrior i would put 3 noble fury in a mythic gear and the power increase a whole bunch XD! (^u^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thats the first noble? Prices are dropping dramatically. Just wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Going from a average price on cs of 5 k per cracked finesse + crafting cost + posting fee, he is actually making a loss here. Fair price, fair price indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Black View Post
    Thats the first noble? Prices are dropping dramatically. Just wait
    i just craft nobles as a matter of fact i dont buy nobles in auc lol to exspensive(>v<)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

2187*5000±110000 is how much it would cost to craft it yourself buying cracked finesse from cs. You'd be looking at around 11m
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

The jewel system itself is really neat, I like how you can pop them in and out and play with your stats. However, the drop rate is too low and the stats off the higher tier jewels are lacking still. Which is why people are still hanging onto gear that is gemmed with old gems and eyes and para STILL rule arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Is it the first noble jewel after half year of expansion release? aww that's terrible

Our intent with the Jewel system is definitely a long term change, this means 'hard' earned gems will rule the game for very long long time, even if you don't like it. Why? Because we say so. However we may or may not buff jewels in the future. Please keep the discussion constructive.

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A couple of comments:

1) people can charge what they want for an item in the CS. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

2) In past seasons, the insanely rich players had way way better stats than the middle class players, due to super pricey items like Arcane Rings, Mythic weapons, etc. This season the prices of all the top gear has come way down and is much more reasonable. So then what do the super rich players have left to spend their money on? Jewels! So yes the super rich will still have a statistical advantage, as they SHOULD. However, a Noble Jewel only gives you a slightly better statistical advantage than does a superb or excellent jewel. So the rich players won't be so OP as they were in past seasons.

3) There must be something for hardcore players to strive for. No player should ever reach the point of having everything you could possibly want. It is my opinion, that in time they should introduce another level of jewels above noble. Why not just keep it going higher? It gives players something to work hard for without giving them a huge statistical advantage.