Thread: Occational Droid X pause/sticking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Occational Droid X pause/sticking

My Droid X will sometimes pause a few seconds.

I move by tapping the ground, which makes an X on the ground. I don't use the little joystick circle thing. Anyway, when the phone decides to pause, I cannot make the X on the ground to move. I frantically tap, and finally after 2 or 3 seconds, it makes the X.

This is also true with casting spells. Sometimes I cannot cast a heal or click a heal potion, so i die. It usually takes 2 or 3 seconds for the tapping to be enabled again, then I can press a spell. Everything is still running, the phone is not frozen. I can see players walk around, and I continue to swing my sword. It's just that the tapping stops working for short periods.

If the tapping stops working for 5 seconds or more, i hit the off button on the top of the phone, and then press the home button. When I do that the tapping is always re-enabled.

I shutdown all applications that I can possible shut down, except the ones that restart themselves. (i hate bloatware) But, this does not help. It's not just in PL, the pause also happens while texting and in other applications.

I took my phone to several Verizon stores. But, one way or another they all told me that it's normal for droid phones to pause.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get it too, usually on the first map I load after logging in. Once it recovers, it is fine. I use the simulated joystick, but I don't think either matters. On a Droid X also.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Droid X here too....have had this problem intermittently. No fix found. Also have a tip....if ping goes out the roof, hit the home button, hit task killer, then tap back into PL. It will send you through "connecting" and "play" screen but most of the time you end up right back in the same spot you were with normal ping rate. (Thanks Sherbi for this info!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Do you have this problem with other games/programs as well?
    Do you have a task killer, or a process which runs intermittently (syncing?)?
    Are you running a stock or custom rom?

These are just a few of the factors that can affect the game.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the same problem on my Droid X. Like someone said its normally the first map I load and lately it doesn't recover. It freezes for 2-3 minutes, then my phone reboots itself. Once it comes back on its fine
    Idk....