Thread: v1.2 Horrible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default v1.2 Horrible

I loathe the new version. There are a few minor improvements, but the game is practically ruined.

Complaints:
    1. You can no longer change the angle of view, only rotate and zoom.
    2. All the creatures seem 25-50% tougher. I even took my maxed out character for a romp and he was killed by a character with one swipe. That is BS. if the best of the best has no chance, how can anyone else?
    3. Used to be that having the spell list full open would show all spells, but now only if you've manually filled the quick list (the four slots).

I'm sure I'd come up with more, but this game has gone from a five star to a one star overnight. It is completely unpalatable unless you've got a good and powerful team. Used to be a small group could play and it was a little challenging. Now it is virtually impossible.
    --
    Chip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried a low level. Ol bones killed me with one shot .... a level 35 archer decked out .... total BS. I'm done with this game for now. Needs serious fixing! Tough is one thing, impossible is worthless!
    --
    Chip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Ummm.... many bosses have always been able to 1-shot birds and enchantresses. I don't think any except a couple of the main swamp bosses were strengthened. Anyway, this game isn't really designed for soloing. You're supposed to need a strong party to survive. Having the skill book open does show all skills, they are just shown slightly to the left if you have no quick slots assigned. The only ones not displayed are the ones with no points assigned, and that is actually a great improvement. I don't know about the angle issue. It has always been fixed on iPhone and iPod touch, so I assume you must be on an iPad. Perhaps that is related to the new universal binary but I don't know. The only real problem is the tap to target bug, but that is being fixed. Otherwise the consensus seems to be that 1.2 is a huge improvement, and I agree with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Appreciate the counter viewpoint. But I've been playing this for almost two months now (yes, on an iPad), and I definitely detected a change. The magic is weaker, the characters are stronger, it's definitely tougher and not in a good way. Ever since I maxed out on my Archer I've occasionally taken forays into the lower levels. There is no experience, but you can have fun, help other players, and get some gold. I see a definite difference.
    --
    Chip